Town halls gone wild

Rick Moran
The first thing you have to understand is that it is impossible, according to the left, for conservatives to have a legitimate protest. Only liberals have "authentic" grass roots so the idea of the right demonstrating against anything - in their lights - is a political trick. We are a "Brooks Brothers Brigade" or, "radicals" or "mobs." The demonstrations at Town Hall meetings on health care reform are "astroturfing" - planned and paid for by insurance industry lobbyists.

Of course, this is absurd on its face. The protests at congressional town halls are certainly authentic in that they represent the views of millions of people, if not a majority. And anyone familiar with the Tea Party movement knows that they oppose any top-down direction fiercely. In this way, they are a true "grass roots" opposition and not Soros funded Moveon minions......American Thinker- Print Article

The "Tea Party Movement" grass roots? You've got to be joking.

Who do you think is behind the movement and organizing all these "spontaneous" local events? Heavyweight lobbyist run rightwing think tanks: Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Works. Follow the money and the grassroots turns to astroturf.

Rick Moran
The first thing you have to understand is that it is impossible, according to the left, for conservatives to have a legitimate protest. Only liberals have "authentic" grass roots so the idea of the right demonstrating against anything - in their lights - is a political trick. We are a "Brooks Brothers Brigade" or, "radicals" or "mobs." The demonstrations at Town Hall meetings on health care reform are "astroturfing" - planned and paid for by insurance industry lobbyists.

Of course, this is absurd on its face. The protests at congressional town halls are certainly authentic in that they represent the views of millions of people, if not a majority. And anyone familiar with the Tea Party movement knows that they oppose any top-down direction fiercely. In this way, they are a true "grass roots" opposition and not Soros funded Moveon minions......American Thinker- Print Article

Who do you think is behind the movement and organizing all these "spontaneous" local events? Heavyweight lobbyist run rightwing think tanks: Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Works. Follow the money and the grassroots turns to astroturf.
thinkprogress?
REALLY???
PLEASE

Spectoer SAID they didnt have time to read it
what more proof do you really NEED???

and keeping other people from asking questions and expressing their concern?

but it's ok...keep defending the lobbyists' strategies...

I'm sure it will make them proud.

but you're excusing the inexcusable just because it suits your agenda. and if people with "d" after their names were doing it, you'd all be rightfully disgusted.
so, its ok when the assholes on YOUR side do it
but you cant take a little back

Rick Moran

thinkprogress?
REALLY???
PLEASE

So you can show me that these groups aren't funding and aiding the Tea Party movement?

Please.

wn-health-care--.jpg

thinkprogress?
REALLY???
PLEASE

So you can show me that these groups aren't funding and aiding the Tea Party movement?

Please.
the burden is on you to prove they are

thinkprogress?
REALLY???
PLEASE

Please.

I did by providing a source. You didn't refute what the source presented nor the links within that source - you only attempted to poison the well by disparaging the source. I've met the burden. Can you?

Please.

I did by providing a source. You didn't refute what the source presented nor the links within that source - you only attempted to poison the well by disparaging the source. I've met the burden. Can you?

Here's a few more sources he can disparage:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_08/019357.php

Anti-Reform Group Takes Credit For Helping Gin Up Town Hall Rallies | The Plum Line

Inside The Tea Partiers Anti-Health Care Organizing Campaign | TPMDC

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...and-disrupting-the-health-care-town-halls.php

Last edited:

Please.

nho, thinkprogress is not a source
its a piece of shit

On July 1, 1789, angry mobs stormed the Bastille during a major economic crisis, initiated by the cost of intervening in the American War of Independence and exacerbated by an unequal system of taxation.

The successful insurrection at Paris spread throughout France. In accord with principles of popular sovereignty and with complete disregard for claims of royal authority, the people created a parallel structure of municipalities for civic government and militia for civic protection. In rural areas, many went beyond this: some burned title-deeds and no small number of châteaux, as the "Great Fear" spread across the countryside during the weeks of 20 July to 5 August, with attacks on wealthy landlords impelled by the belief that the aristocracy was trying to put down the revolution.

What a difference 220 years makes, eh? What good did it all do?

Jay Canuck
Member #20219 Join Date: Jul 2009

my feelings are hurt ....how will I make it through the day?

Give em hell Jay!

No, what we are seeing happening is the re-emergence of Middle America - the right of center Republican-Independents-Reagan Democrats who will continue to dominate the political landscape of this country when they are awakened.

There has not been such a collective dissatisfaction since the latter half of the 1970s - and this dissatisfaction is growing quickly.

The difference is, there was a unifying figure in the 1970s - Reagan, to forward the message of this dissatisfaction. The Republicans of today, do not yet have that voice...

I take one exemption to your history lesson...1994 the Conservatives came out in force :clap2: Its happening again if the Republicans want to take advantage of it.

1994 was a shift in the political balance to be sure, and it benefited from the focused efforts of Gingrich and Co. - but the shift was not as deep as what was occuring in the late 1970's - in fact, it was another extension of it, as the Republicans of 1994 loudly and proudly proclaimed themselves Reagan Republicans - the last time such a concerted showing of Reagan principles had been voiced from within the Republican Party. If the current levels of agitation somehow form into another collective voice of those same principles - the Republicans will be presented with a significant opportunity.

The question of course, is if they are capable of doing so...

Taxes? Government expansion? "Reagan Republicans" to the rescue?? Oh Ma God you people have such short memories or never knew your history to begin with.

Reagan oversaw a $165 billion bailout of Social Security which dramatically increased payroll taxes on employees and employers, which brought a whole new class of recipients--new federal workers--into the system, and, for the first time, taxed Social Security benefits, and did so in the most liberal way: only those of upper-income recipients. (And the tax wasn't indexed to inflation, meaning that more and more people have gradually had to pay it over time.)

Only one year after his massive tax cut, Reagan agreed to a tax increase to reduce the deficit that restored fully one-third of the previous year's reduction. But that was spun by calling it "tax reform" or "rollbacks" because it closed loopholes in his earlier cut and therefore didn't count as raising taxes. :lol:

Faced with looming deficits, Reagan raised taxes again in 1983 with a gasoline tax and once more in 1984, this time by $50 billion over three years, mainly through closing even more tax loopholes for business.

Reagan continued these "modest rollbacks" in his second term. The Tax Reform Act of 1986, though it achieved the supply side goal of lowering individual income tax rates, was a startlingly progressive reform. The plan imposed the largest corporate tax increase in history--an act utterly unimaginable for any conservative to support today. Despite promises to the contrary, Reagan raised corporate taxes by $120 billion over five years and closed corporate tax loopholes worth about $300 billion over that same period.

AND...drumroll... In addition to broadening the tax base, the plan increased standard deductions and personal exemptions to the point that no family with an income below the poverty line would have to pay federal income tax.

So yeah, bring on Reaganomics and see how that works out for ya. (Just ask George H.W. Bush).

Last edited:
Will you be wearing a black panther uniform? Or a white hood? Try it. It's legal now.:razz:

Voting out incumbents is not such a bad idea, but we now know how naive inexperienced politicians can be.
More projection. Poor GOP.
Why the hatred.
The white house and the Democrat party are using Hitler tactics to strike back at innocent civilians exercising their right to voice concerns on this disaster of a bill and the usurpation of power from the people.

Why don't you all just vote for this bill and move on?

Hitler tactics? Excuse me?

town hall meetings should be rough on them..gop or democrat

I agree. But if a group disrupts it to the point others can't have their say, that's not right either.
But they can have their say. They just have to wait their turn.

When I ask a question, I expect it to be answered to MY satisfaction. Not the Politicians satisfaction.

Why don't you click on some of the numerous YouTube examples Ozzie posted and see just how much time is permitted for the speakers to speak.

Forum List

Back