Tolerance? Not for Christians...

Why? Simply stating that tells us nothing, unless that's all you have! :cool:

You're comparing her belief in homosexuality being morally wrong with 'witch doctor rituals', I would classify that as an analgy that's not even close.

She can believe homosexuality is morally wrong, what she can't do is consider it a psychological disorder requiring treatment by her.

She has to be willing to go by the guidelines of her training program and the APA.

THE APA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

She has shown her willingness to abide by the guidelines.
She has said she will not recant her faith, or state she believes other than she does.

And I haven't once seen that she considered it a psychological disorder requiring treatment. That's in your head.

Wow. This is the third such thread started on this woman who simply can't accept that there are professional standards in any profession that should be adhered to. In otherwords she can't seperate her religious views from her professional requirements.

What exactly is her 'bias' against them?

She publicly and openly distinguishes their lifestyle as morally wrong. That's a bias.

I see that as her opinion, not bias. She has not demonstrated bias, she has been open about her beliefs and values. I'm not saying that I agree with her regarding it being a chioce and therefore 'curable', but I also don't think she had demonstrated bias at all.

Since she ascribes to conversion therapy, she goes against the APA which does not consider homosexuality a disorder in and of itself in need of treatment.

By supporting conversion therapy she indicates her bias. She is entitled to consider homosexuality morally wrong but she is not entitled to consider it a disorder.

... Jennifer Keeton, who has sued Augusta State University to keep from getting expelled for not repudiating her statements about homosexuality. Keeton expressed her biblical perspective on the subject in and out of class while working toward a degree in counseling, and the school mandated a “remediation plan” that appears to have required her to renounce her Christian doctrine in order to gain a diploma from the school. The school has responded that a bias against homosexuality would disqualify Keeton from certification, a position that would put most Christians in Keeton’s position.

... It sounds to me like the ACA [AMERICAN COUNSELING ASSOCIATION] wants a “don’t ask, don’t tell” rule for religion. That runs square into the First Amendment, especially for a state-run school. The ACA’s idea of who comes first doesn’t get to trump the restriction on freedom of religious exercise. If clients get off-put by Keeton’s approach to counseling, they can look for another counselor. Now, the ACA can decide not to certify her; as a private organization, they have that prerogative. If they do that explicitly based on her religious belief, however, they may have a problem with that in court, especially as it will block Keeton’s ability to make a living.
The state-run school has no such leeway. They cannot impose a religious test for graduation, no matter how they dress it up.
THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS: JENNIFER KEETON TOSSED OUT OF GRAD SCHOOL BECAUSE
SHE'S A CHRISTIAN - if she was Muslim, then Obama and Holder would be suing on her behalf!

The remediation plan, according to the lawsuit, noted Keeton’s “disagreement in several class discussions and in written assignments with the gay and lesbian ‘lifestyle,’” as well as Keeton’s belief that those “lifestyles” are cases of identity confusion.
Jennifer Keeton ordered to approve of homosexuality or be expelled from grad school | JAMES EDWARDS

If she were a Muslim, holding the same views towards homosexuality (which is not uncommon) - she would be required to toe the same professional line.

God forbid this future counselor would have to take sensitivity training. That's what she is objecting to. The university follows the American Counseling Associatioin Code of Ethics. This student is unwilling to follow those guidelines.

Why should she have to take any additional training that is not required of everyone in her major at ASU?

I would not be surprised to find out that the university wants to charge her for her own brainwashing either.

Immie

It's a condition of her schooling and of her chosen career. The APA no longer considers homosexuality a pschiatric disorder. This student chooses to forego the ethics of the profession in favor of her own narrow code of ethics.

She ought to be in a bible college.

So why would they go for counciling regarding their homesexuality to begin with then?

Wow. This is the third such thread started on this woman who simply can't accept that there are professional standards in any profession that should be adhered to. In otherwords she can't seperate her religious views from her professional requirements.

You CAN'T BASE PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS upon religion in this country, dumbass.

Please provide verification of what standards she hasn't accepted, and where the rule is that says that Christians must renounce their faith to obtain a degree in counseling.

Why should she have to take any additional training that is not required of everyone in her major at ASU?

I would not be surprised to find out that the university wants to charge her for her own brainwashing either.

Immie

It's a condition of her schooling and of her chosen career. The APA no longer considers homosexuality a pschiatric disorder. This student chooses to forego the ethics of the profession in favor of her own narrow code of ethics.

She ought to be in a bible college.

So why would they go for counciling regarding their homesexuality to begin with then?

Why would you think that relationships and sexuality wouldn't come up in a counseling session?

... Jennifer Keeton, who has sued Augusta State University to keep from getting expelled for not repudiating her statements about homosexuality. Keeton expressed her biblical perspective on the subject in and out of class while working toward a degree in counseling, and the school mandated a “remediation plan” that appears to have required her to renounce her Christian doctrine in order to gain a diploma from the school. The school has responded that a bias against homosexuality would disqualify Keeton from certification, a position that would put most Christians in Keeton’s position.

... It sounds to me like the ACA [AMERICAN COUNSELING ASSOCIATION] wants a “don’t ask, don’t tell” rule for religion. That runs square into the First Amendment, especially for a state-run school. The ACA’s idea of who comes first doesn’t get to trump the restriction on freedom of religious exercise. If clients get off-put by Keeton’s approach to counseling, they can look for another counselor. Now, the ACA can decide not to certify her; as a private organization, they have that prerogative. If they do that explicitly based on her religious belief, however, they may have a problem with that in court, especially as it will block Keeton’s ability to make a living.
The state-run school has no such leeway. They cannot impose a religious test for graduation, no matter how they dress it up.
SHE'S A CHRISTIAN - if she was Muslim, then Obama and Holder would be suing on her behalf!

The remediation plan, according to the lawsuit, noted Keeton’s “disagreement in several class discussions and in written assignments with the gay and lesbian ‘lifestyle,’” as well as Keeton’s belief that those “lifestyles” are cases of identity confusion.
Jennifer Keeton ordered to approve of homosexuality or be expelled from grad school | JAMES EDWARDS

If she were a Muslim, holding the same views towards homosexuality (which is not uncommon) - she would be required to toe the same professional line.

Yeah. That's a baldfaced lie. I haven't heard of anyone refusing any Muslims degrees based on their faith. Have you?

You're comparing her belief in homosexuality being morally wrong with 'witch doctor rituals', I would classify that as an analgy that's not even close.

She can believe homosexuality is morally wrong, what she can't do is consider it a psychological disorder requiring treatment by her.

She has to be willing to go by the guidelines of her training program and the APA.

She has said she will not recant her faith, or state she believes other than she does.

And I haven't once seen that she considered it a psychological disorder requiring treatment. That's in your head.

No one is asking her to recant her faith you ignorant twit. She's just another Christian whiner with claims of persecution that are non-existant.

Now, neg me again since you are incapable of giving a rational argument.

You CAN'T BASE PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS upon religion in this country, dumbass.

Please provide verification of what standards she hasn't accepted, and where the rule is that says that Christians must renounce their faith to obtain a degree in counseling.

She hasn't accepted the APA standard that homosexuality is not a disorder. She thinks homosexuality needs conversion therapy.

She's a loose cannon that needs to get a minister degree from Bible school and stay away from counseling gays and lesbians.

She hasn't accepted the APA standard that homosexuality is not a disorder. She thinks homosexuality needs conversion therapy.

She's a loose cannon that needs to get a minister degree from Bible school and stay away from counseling gays and lesbians.

PROVE THAT SHE HAS EVER SAID IT'S A DISORDER

Jesus. Fucking nutbars.

Yeah. That's a baldfaced lie. I haven't heard of anyone refusing any Muslims degrees based on their faith. Have you?

Since I haven't heard of anyone refusing Christians degrees based on their faith, it's a moot point.

So....should someone who believes that faith healing is a valid medical practice - and argues on behalf of it in his proposed profession be granted a medical degree? You want that doc treating you for cancer?

Alliebabbler keeps missing that point.

No one is asking her to recant her faith you ignorant twit. She's just another Christian whiner with claims of persecution that are non-existant.

The school is asking her to recant her faith. She believes that homosexuality is wrong and she believes this because of her faith and moral upbringing. Now the school is demanding that she toss that faith in the toilet.

The school is discriminating against her and people of faith.

The school should immediately lose its accreditation until it is willing to accept people of faith.

Immie

I'm appalled nobody pointed this out:

PC used this article: Jennifer Keeton ordered to approve of homosexuality or be expelled from grad school | JAMES EDWARDS

Well, least I know where Politicalchic gets her news from:

The Political Cesspool - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to its statement of principles, the program stands for "The Dispossessed Majority", represents "a philosophy that is pro-White", and is "against political centralization."[8] It has attracted criticism from The Nation, The New Republic, the Stephen Roth Institute, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the Anti-Defamation League for promoting anti-Semitic, white nationalist, and white supremacist views.

The Political Cesspool was added to the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate group watch list in 2006. James Edwards was "ecstatic", saying "I don't think you've arrived in the conservative movement until you've made it to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Hate Watch".

Author John Avlon, a former speechwriter for Rudy Giuliani, has described The Political Cesspool as "avowedly white supremacist". [17] Investigative journalist Max Blumenthal, who reported on an attempt by one of the show's staff to advertise at a rally for former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, described The Political Cesspool as having a "racist ideology", and highlighted anti-Semitic, racist, and homophobic comments that Edwards had made on his blog.[26][55]

And how about James Edwards?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Edwards_(radio_host)

James Edwards joined Stormfront.org, a white nationalist and supremacist website, in 2004 under the screen name "ElectEdwards", according to the website's senior moderator, Jamie Kelso. As ElectEdwards, Edwards said that he was a "proud member" of Stormfront and that "[w]hile I rarely have had the time to post on Stormfront, there is never a day that passes that I don't visit this site." ElectEdwards credited Don Black with giving him "support".[6]

So I'm suppose to trust a source that is a guy who's proud to be a member of Stormfront and runs a racist website? :cuckoo:

Meanwhile the Astute Blogger:

THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS

Of course, with posts like this, who can't trust such "journalism"?

THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS: PHOTO: OBAMA'S MISTRESS: VERA BAKER

I CAN SEE WHAT OBAMA SAW IN VERA - WHY HE WAS SO ATTRACTED TO VERA THAT HE "BIT THE FORBIDDEN APPLE":

IT'S VERA'S SMILE:

IN VERA'S SMILE, OBAMA SAW HIS HALF-SISTER MAYA SOETORO:

MAYA AND VERA BOTH HAVE A GAP BETWEEN THEIR TWO FRONT TEETH. AND STRONG CHINS.

PERHAPS VERA BROUGHT BACK "FORBIDDEN MEMORIES"..

Fucking pathetic.

Yes, they are requiring her to recant.

""Jennifer Keeton has not been accused of mistreating a client," said David French, senior counsel for ADF, a legal alliance that supports religious freedom. "She's being told, 'You must change your beliefs or we'll deny you a degree.' "

"As a part of the plan, she would report back once a month to faculty to determine whether the activities have an impact on her convictions."

Christian student sues ASU | The Augusta Chronicle

Please show me where she must "renounce her faith".

British Medical Association labels gay conversion therapy harmful, discredited

Following a year-long undercover investigation by a reporter, the British Medical Association has determined that “gay conversion therapy” is not therapy, is more harmful to patients than helpful, and should be banned.

Journalist Patrick Strudwick posed as a patient seeking “gay conversion therapy” or “reparative therapy” for a year. In his report on his experience, he described what amounted to psychological torture; Strudwick went to two conversion therapists. One, a Christian, focused on turning him to focus on her god and tried hard to convince Strudwick he’d been sexually abused. The other focused on explaining to Strudwick that he was somehow “wounded”, and that he had to find the source of those “wounds” to discover the roots of his sexuality.

Both of these “therapists” were licensed and receiving funds via the NHS. Strudwick learned that they use methods created by Joseph Nicolosi, the Christian Evangelical American founder of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality.
The British Medical Association has determined that such “therapies” have been discredited, are damaging to patient, and should be banned. The Association’s membership further agreed that the NHS should investigate any cases of such conversion therapies, and terminate any public funding to such practices.

Tom Dolphin, vice-chair of BMA’s junior doctors committee, proposed the motion. “Sexuality is such a fundamental part of who a person is, that attempts to change it just result in significant confusion, depression and even suicide. You can’t just wish away same-sex attraction no matter how inconvenient it might be,” says Dolphin.
Strudwick commented on the successful motion, “My undercover investigation for The Independent, which prompted this motion, highlighted the fact that not only are psychiatrists and psychotherapists still peddling these abhorrent techniques, but that in some cases the NHS are paying for it.

“Hopefully, anyone involved in the so-called treatment of homosexuality will realize that the medical profession considers them dangerous charlatans, and will reconsider their beliefs. I also sincerely hope that any vulnerable gay person who is unhappy about their sexuality takes notice of this motion and realizes that it is the world that needs to change, not them.”

We've heard the ADF's side of the story in that article Allie:

Alliance Defense Fund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ADF claims that students who have attempted to speak against same-sex relationships and behavior have been censored or, in some cases, punished for their actions under campus hate-speech rules, such as Chase Harper, a high school student whose activism sparked the first Day of Truth. Harper was suspended for wearing a T-shirt that read "Be Ashamed" and "Our School Embraced What God Has Condemned," and on the back read, "Homosexuality is Shameful" and "Romans 1:27." The Alliance Defense Fund filed an unsuccessful federal lawsuit against school officials on behalf of Harper, claiming his religious freedoms were violated. The case was appealed to the Supreme Court.[16] [17][18]

My irony meter explodes when I read this bullshit. A group is asking for tolerance for their hate speech while refusing to tolerate the rights of others.

Forum List

Back