Tolerance? Not for Christians...

Well, normal is a subjective term. It's "normal" for it to occur in-that it's existed for as long as we have, and it exists in other animals. It's "abnormal" in that the Majority of humans are attracted to the opposite sex. I don't think abnormal specifically becomes "disorder" because disorder is more specifically defined, and it also implies something is "wrong."

Something is 'wrong', the species would die out if it were 'normal'.

Wrong is also a subjective term. That's your opinion, it isn't mine. The species wouldn't even necessarily die out, that would require two additional requirements: #1. We lose being sentient beings. #2. We want to die out.

Otherwise, to very easily save the species, homosexuals can still reproduce for survival purposes. Frozen sperm, opposite sex-sex for survival, etc.

Wrong is subjective? Maybe for you it is. Sex is a built in instinct in every species, perhaps if a species is intelligent enough to determine it would die out if left to its instincts it wouldn't matter, but not all species (as a matter of fact, most) do not meet that criteria.

Because it's like someone in medical school subscribing to "witch doctor" rituals instead of modern medical techniques. They wouldn't be graduated either. You can't send someone out there that's stating they're going to be doing things that will likely harm the patient.

Your analogy doesn't work.

Why? Simply stating that tells us nothing, unless that's all you have! :cool:

You're comparing her belief in homosexuality being morally wrong with 'witch doctor rituals', I would classify that as an analgy that's not even close.

Something is 'wrong', the species would die out if it were 'normal'.

Wrong is also a subjective term. That's your opinion, it isn't mine. The species wouldn't even necessarily die out, that would require two additional requirements: #1. We lose being sentient beings. #2. We want to die out.

Otherwise, to very easily save the species, homosexuals can still reproduce for survival purposes. Frozen sperm, opposite sex-sex for survival, etc.

Wrong is subjective? Maybe for you it is. Sex is a built in instinct in every species, perhaps if a species is intelligent enough to determine it would die out if left to its instincts it wouldn't matter, but not all species (as a matter of fact, most) do not meet that criteria.

Wrong is most definitely a subjective term. In our early history, it was considered "wrong" to inter-racially date. Now, not so much. Bad example, but wrong is definitely subjective.

Is it wrong to eat pork? Exactly. How about meat during lent or whatever it is? Wrong?

Wrong is most definitely a subjective term. In our early history, it was considered "wrong" to inter-racially date. Now, not so much. Bad example, but wrong is definitely subjective.

Is it wrong to eat pork? Exactly. How about meat during lent or whatever it is? Wrong?

So, you see nothing wrong with males only being attracted to males and females only being attracted to other females, and no procreation taking place? That's the normal order of living systems?

So, you see nothing wrong with males only being attracted to males and females only being attracted to other females, and no procreation taking place? That's the normal order of living systems?

No, the normal order of living systems is to have 10% or slightly less of sexual organisms to be born homo or bisexual.

And like I said, the term "wrong" IS subjective.

It's "wrong" for a Muslim to eat Pork, it's not "wrong" for me to eat pork. "Wrong" is subjective, in that it depends on who's perspective it's coming from.

Also, there's two functions of Sex. Pleasure is certainly one of them.

No, the normal order of living systems is to have 10% or slightly less of sexual organisms to be born homo or bisexual.

And like I said, the term "wrong" IS subjective.

It's "wrong" for a Muslim to eat Pork, it's not "wrong" for me to eat pork. "Wrong" is subjective, in that it depends on who's perspective it's coming from.

I see that 10% as abnormal, something went wrong in the process of creation. I don't think that condemns anyone or makes them freaks at all, it's just not normal. I think to try to say that it is normal just isn't being honest. I think it's just like any other genetic defect that many people live with all the time.

Another partisan thread brought to you by Political Chic.

Keep stirrin' it up.

Partisan?

What kind of one-sided, half-witted, partisan objects to exposing the inequities of your said as some sort of defense?

"Oh, no...you're so naughty for exposing the intolerance of the left!!"

Wake up- Sky- you should have posted this OP if you stand for tolerance and/or justice.

Wake up yourself. Your only interest is in stirring up division. Let's get Christians and gays to fight, what fun. NOT. This student is unwilling to comply with the terms of her program. Period. She is unwilling to go with the American Psychiatric Association guidelines for counseling.

Homosexuality is no longer considered a disorder.

This student is out of line.

Bullshit. You want to penalize people based on their religion. You are a gay Buddhist, and you think that's okay?

Why of COURSE you do. So long as it isn't gay Buddhists getting sent to the back of the bus.

BTW, the ACA isn't the APA . This is huge. In the other thread, all the haters were insisting that a Christian couldn't abide by the rules of the APA. Of course they couldn't CITE anything that would support that.

And lo and behold, we aren't even talking about the APA but the ACA. No scientists in that lot, I promise.

So...if we determine that Jennifer can be booted for being a Christian, can we boot all the Muslim students? We all know what the Koran says about homosexuality.

God forbid this future counselor would have to take sensitivity training. That's what she is objecting to. The university follows the American Counseling Associatioin Code of Ethics. This student is unwilling to follow those guidelines.

Why should she have to take any additional training that is not required of everyone in her major at ASU?

I would not be surprised to find out that the university wants to charge her for her own brainwashing either.

Immie

According to her lawsuit, she has to actually delineate how she has changed her thinking. It's called recanting and it's illegal in the US to withhold ANYTHING from a person based on a need for that person to recant their religion.

God forbid this future counselor would have to take sensitivity training. That's what she is objecting to. The university follows the American Counseling Associatioin Code of Ethics. This student is unwilling to follow those guidelines.

Why should she have to take any additional training that is not required of everyone in her major at ASU?

I would not be surprised to find out that the university wants to charge her for her own brainwashing either.

Immie

It's a condition of her schooling and of her chosen career. The APA no longer considers homosexuality a pschiatric disorder. This student chooses to forego the ethics of the profession in favor of her own narrow code of ethics.

She ought to be in a bible college.

No, this has nothing to do with the APA. Christians are psychiatrists. Christians are doctors as well. Christians are fucking nuclear physicists.

You cannot award degrees based on religion alone. Period. Nor can you require students in public schools, funded with federal and state dollars, to RECANT.

Partisan?

What kind of one-sided, half-witted, partisan objects to exposing the inequities of your said as some sort of defense?

"Oh, no...you're so naughty for exposing the intolerance of the left!!"

Wake up- Sky- you should have posted this OP if you stand for tolerance and/or justice.

Wake up yourself. Your only interest is in stirring up division. Let's get Christians and gays to fight, what fun. NOT. This student is unwilling to comply with the terms of her program. Period. She is unwilling to go with the American Psychiatric Association guidelines for counseling.

Homosexuality is no longer considered a disorder.

This student is out of line.

Bullshit. You want to penalize people based on their religion. You are a gay Buddhist, and you think that's okay?

Why of COURSE you do. So long as it isn't gay Buddhists getting sent to the back of the bus.

BTW, the ACA isn't the APA . This is huge. In the other thread, all the haters were insisting that a Christian couldn't abide by the rules of the APA. Of course they couldn't CITE anything that would support that.

And lo and behold, we aren't even talking about the APA but the ACA. No scientists in that lot, I promise.

Let's not make this personal, Allie Baba. The APA no longer considers homosexuality a disorder.

This student wants to convert gays and lesbians because of her religious beliefs. She needs to be at a bible college where she can discriminate all she wants.

Immie

It's a condition of her schooling and of her chosen career. The APA no longer considers homosexuality a pschiatric disorder. This student chooses to forego the ethics of the profession in favor of her own narrow code of ethics.

She ought to be in a bible college.

Here is a bit of information for you that you might have missed... Augusta State University is not the APA. This brainwashing IS NOT a condition of her chosen career as not all graduates are required to undergo such brainwashing.

She ought to be right where she is. In the university of her choice. Maybe she didn't want to go to a Bible College because she didn't believe they would give her the quality of education that she was seeking.

Immie

Your analogy doesn't work.

Why? Simply stating that tells us nothing, unless that's all you have! :cool:

You're comparing her belief in homosexuality being morally wrong with 'witch doctor rituals', I would classify that as an analgy that's not even close.

She can believe homosexuality is morally wrong, what she can't do is consider it a psychological disorder requiring treatment by her.

She has to be willing to go by the guidelines of her training program and the APA.

Holy smokes Batman! My irony meter just broke!

OP complaining about supposedly a lack of tolerance on the part of the college while ignoring the lack of tolerance on the part of the woman involved.

Forum List

Back