To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Humorme

Humorme Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    And the problem is? Maybe you only see left v. right talking points and fail to see the big picture?

2. Humorme

Humorme Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I told you before, since I don't know what you're getting at, I don't know the answer.

Generally, though not always, children raised at or below the poverty level have no strong family support system. Today, however, that is true of those with big bucks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Humorme

Humorme Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I've destroyed this argument so many times, it's sad that those who keep posting this myth can't get up to speed.

There are millions of people who simply do not have the mental capacity to go out and get one of those "good" jobs. Others have criminal records and the era of the obsessive "background check" has locked them out of society.

This means they either work marginal jobs OR they go on welfare. It's that simple. If shutting down the welfare machine and putting people in prison were any kind of answer, we'd have saints on our streets because we have more people in prison than any nation on this planet!

4. Humorme

Humorme Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I think you have part of the equation and I've argued with those who are anti-immigrant for years. They always want the government to do something about so - called "illegal immigration" when the anti - immigrants are shopping at places like Walmart. And Walmart was proven, in a court of law, to have hired subcontractors that had knowingly hired undocumented workers.

We cannot build a government big enough to save us from ourselves. We can do more with our wallet than the government can do with laws. beagle9 has given everybody here half the entire solution with a simple act of advocating that you be accountable for your part in this.

When employers pay crap wages, treat their employees like slaves, and expect your loyalty as a customer, you have a Right, an Obligation, and a Duty to tell them to go to Hell.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. BrokeLoser

BrokeLoser Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    Sorry bud...you're not "destroying" shit and you certainly aren't at all "destroying" the argument. You're simply stating your own pathetic opinion. It's the same old bleeding heart bullshit we always see from you wack-jobs..."it's not their fault...we can't hold them accountable" pussy shit. I know your type.
    Let's talk numbers since you seem to be so full of information. Surely you'd have these figures before developing the position you've taken on the subject...right? You wouldn't want to push too hard for the .02%....right? Nobody gives two fucks about the .02%....right?
    What percentage of people "do not have the mental capacity" to qualify for a more than minimum wage paying job?
    What percentage of people have "criminal records" that prevent them from qualifying for a more than minimum wage paying job?
    I'm standing by waiting patiently.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +209
    No court would do such as it has been used in numerous opinions and has been ruled on numerous times. Dred Scott was nullified by the 13th and 14th amendments.

Who cares what one writer on yahoo answers to a question. SMFH

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Liquid Reigns

Liquid Reigns VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +209
    You haven't "destroyed" anything. SMFH It was shown to you that even felons can get good paying jobs without much issue, your talking point is pure BS.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,804
    I don’t see it as left or right, I’m asking you to be consistent. Educate me, what left v. right talking points am I using?

You jumped all over gramps for calling minimum wage earners as lazy, yet he never said that, I think that is a left v. right talking point, am I right? So you seem to do what you accuse others of doing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,804
    Do you have a link that shows millions do not have the mental capacity to go out and get good jobs? Are all those millions in the work force?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Humorme

Humorme Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but I am currently drafting model prison reforms so I DO have the facts you want.

At any given moment we have 2.3 MILLION people incarcerated:

Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2016

The best guess is that one in every 3 Americans have some kind of criminal record, but it is not known how many of those are serious enough to keep them permanently locked out of society.

For example, most employers will overlook DUI convictions for non-driving jobs, but they will not overlook a misdemeanor case of simple battery.

Since America is the drug capital of the world, we have some figures along those lines:

Over 80 percent the world's opioids are consumed in the United States and that results in 64,000 deaths each year. MANY of these drugs are legal drugs dispensed by licensed doctors:

The Numbers Behind the Opioid Crisis

Virtually all mass shootings are done by one of two classes of people: Those who have been under the care / supervision of a psychiatrist or psychologist within a year of the mass shooting and /or on SSRIs. The other category is political jihadists.

In essence, you have MILLIONS of people who are on drugs and those drugs, in many instances, were prescribed by doctors - and when you look at the number of people living off of Uncle Scam, many of those are forced onto drugs by the government.

By the year 2013 the number of Americans on disability exceeded 8 MILLION people:
    8,853,614: Americans on Disability Hits Another Record; Exceeds 3x Population of Chicago

As the above article puts it there is one person on disability for every 24 people working. And we aren't doing squat to explore how much of this government drugging is necessary.

Again at any given time, you have 2.3 MILLION people incarcerated in prisons and jails in America. Over 65 percent of those meet the criteria for being medically described as drug addicts. You sure as Hell don't fix the problem by putting people into prison because 65 percent of those who go in will become recidivists. That's about the same number as those on drugs.