To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9

I think you are the one that is confused.

Unless someone is forcing you to eat there no one is imposing on you by eating at the same place you are. In fact, public accommodation laws, which you fucking support, actually make it illegal to refuse service to anyone simply because they have a fucking disability, like autism. You are free to take your ass out of the restaurant, or stay, whichever you do is your fucking choice, don't whinge about the laws you support making you put up with things you don't like.
No, you're confused. I have never said I supported any such thing. If a business owner wanted to refuse service to fat short ugly people he should be allowed to. He pays the bills. If a kid was out of control before I ordered, it's different. I'll realize the place is a zoo and leave. Otherwise, you keep your problems at home and don't ruin others' evenings out.

My bad.

Doesn't change the fact that the restaurant manager made a choice, one you don't like. That did not force you to actually put up with the events, even if you had already started to eat. You can always leave.

I didn't even answer my own question. Oops.

My actions would have been #3, then found a park and finished my meal with music on the radio and looking at the stars.

And we can't have black people eating in the same restaurant as cultured folks, can we?

Yes, I am deliberately using a really stupid analogy to make a point. I hope it works.
No it wasn't stupid. I think it would be stupid but I support the right to deny service to blacks, gays, whites, straights, etc.

You buy a restaurant and run it your way.

Only a douche would find it such a terrible inconvenience to live among other people - including children.
Only a douche would misrepresent someone's views.
You aren't trapped, feel free to leave.

By the way, how is the restaurant supposed to keep disabled children out when the laws you support force them to let them in?
You really are a quantum windbag. You have me mixed up with someone else, for starters. And we aren't just talking about a disability, we talking about disrupting people's meals.

Why don't you sink your life investments in a restaurant and I'll bring a group of out of control kids over everyday and see how it goes. Fair?

Last edited:
I think you are the one that is confused.

Unless someone is forcing you to eat there no one is imposing on you by eating at the same place you are. In fact, public accommodation laws, which you fucking support, actually make it illegal to refuse service to anyone simply because they have a fucking disability, like autism. You are free to take your ass out of the restaurant, or stay, whichever you do is your fucking choice, don't whinge about the laws you support making you put up with things you don't like.

there are no laws that prohibit you from asking a customer to keep quiet either....

asking someone to keep quiet is not denying them service. Asking the mother to keep her child quiet is not denying her service.

He was going to, and then decided that he preferred allowing her to deal with the child without him dumping more crap on his head. That was his decision, and I support the rights of every individual to do whatever they want.

was he now?? no one knows what he was going to ask.... momma shut him up with the emotional blackmail.... before he said one word.

I do not care to go out to dinner and be disturbed by uncontrollable children, autistic or otherwise.

If that is your preferred dining experience, then by all means, knock yourself out.

I'd kick you out before the kid...hell I'd rather have homeless over you in my restaurant.

Don't worry yourself on that account, bub. I don't dine in roach infested rat hole grease pits. So, you'll never have the opportunity to kick me out.

Even that is too good for you. I hope you go out to eat, a waiter trips and hot oil splashes on your face. Might actually improve your looks.

To the other patrons it comes down to "Your child is giving me the creeps....remove her from my presence"

The mother is doing the best she can under the circumstances. She should not be expected to keep her child from public view because it makes you uncomfortable

:clap2:

Public View is not the same as trapping other people into dining with one's uncontrollable child.

trapping...lol......yes going out to eat is like being in jail when kids are around.
god i hope you never bred

Dying to see a pic of you Plasmaball. So we can see if hot oil will help your looks.
Tis only fair, yes?

Dying to see a pic of you Plasmaball. So we can see if hot oil will help your looks.
Tis only fair, yes?

wont bother me at all....You couldn't insult me if you had a million life times.
Better have tried and failed.

Tis only fair, yes?

wont bother me at all....You couldn't insult me if you had a million life times.
Better have tried and failed.
I'm not trying to insult you. I just asked a question. Where is your pic so I can see if you need help with it?

You know..................autistic children have problems with certain types of environments, and even if they are in a "safe" one, there are certain triggers that can cause them to go off.

Autistic children need a certain type of place, and if the mother thought that her child could handle it, cool, I'm pretty sure she knows what kind of place would be acceptable, but like I said, there are many things that can trigger an episode.

I really like what the Broadway types did with a production of the Lion King by the way, they adjusted the environment of the theater for a few showings so that autistic children could go see the play as well..............................

Autism-friendly theater: The Lion King on Broadway - Photo 1 - Pictures - CBS News

It seems that by having "safe" rooms and places where the children could walk out of the theater helped a lot, as well as the way they adjusted the colors, lights, and how the production was presented.

And.....................that's not the only theater that has done autistic friendly performances, other theater troupes have as well. Google "the lion king" and "autism" sometime, you'd see that it happens quite often.

Know what would be an interesting business to open up? Study and see if you can come up with an autistic friendly way of running a restaurant, and see if there is enough of an autistic population in the area to make it profitable.

I'm sure many parents of autistic children would bless you and sing your praises.

'Do you know what its like to have a child with autism'?
No. I don't. And I don't care, and I won't accept that as an excuse for kid to be a pain in the backside.

Having a child with autism means you don't go out to eat much, and when you do, you cannot get a sitter. Having a child with autism means knowing most people would rather you kept your kid locked away in a basement somewhere. Having a child with autism means a lot of self-centered assholes will be judging you everywhere you go, not just in restaurants.

Asshole.

Last edited:
That man sounds a lot like me.
I would have been taken aback by her question as well and can easily see me being supportive, rather than restrictive.

Does the blog or original article even say what type of restaurant this happened in?
Because, with the manager running around and cooking and washing dishes, it sounds a lot like the kind that I run.
A FAMILY restaurant. Not the Chateau Suzette or 4 Seasons.

There more than just this person to think about. The restaurant is open for business not a private party. This guy should have had the insight to consider others when he made this decision. In fact the man was selfish and only thinking of how he feels rather then serving the best interests of his customers.

The blog doesn't go much further in depth.
The one complaining, at the other table, probably doesn't know that the manager comp'd the check.
It also doesn't say if the manager discounted or comp'd the complainer's check either.
Now, if the other table was really overly upset to the point that it sounded like I may lose him, I'd be inclined to discount or comp his meal as well.

Call it emotional reasoning over rational thinking but I'd rather win a family than lose one asshole.

But that's just me
:cool:

And, BTW [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] , I apologize for 'twisting' your words. It was a long day of dealing with exactly the kind of crowd we're talking about here and I was a bitch
:smiliehug:

Forum List

Back