To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9

If it hits your table you're absolutely legally obligated to pay for it.

To not do so is theft whether you eat it or not because it's food you ordered and received. What you do with it after that is up to you, but you owe the restaurant the cost of the meal.
I'm not legally obligated to eat in chaos and that's the purpose of the meal. People don't buy meals at a restaurant to stare or fondle it. How far would you take that mindeset? If the cooks got in a fist fight and it upset your date would you still be obliged? The meal may have been provided, but the service wasn't. The service includes a place to sit in relative peace.

You're certainly free to leave, but you're legally bound to pay for the food. Contrary to popular opinion, the food is what you pay for. Service is an added bonus to entice repeat business.

People are more likely to go back to a restaurant if the service is good, but we gotta pay the piper regardless of whether the service is worth a damn or not.

You're certainly free to leave, but you're legally bound to pay for the food. Contrary to popular opinion, the food is what you pay for. Service is an added bonus to entice repeat business.

People are more likely to go back to a restaurant if the service is good, but we gotta pay the piper regardless of whether the service is worth a damn or not.
The service isn't just a nice waitress bosom to glare at, it includes the table and atmosphere. According to you, if they set the dinner down and told you that they need the table, go sit at the bar, you still owe. BS, they'd loose in court all day everyday.

All of you would think differently if you had an autistic child.

And that is the point..... they don't. They also dont want to have to deal with it when it is shoved in their faces by others becasue it is PC to smile and LIKE It.

The service isn't just a nice waitress bosom to glare at, it includes the table and atmosphere.

You saying it doesn't make it so.

In most instances, the manager will eat the cost of the meal in hopes of salvaging repeat business, but that's his/her decision to make. Not yours. If you're told to pay the bill and refuse to, you're a thief.

As for the rest of your post, I'll not address words that are put in my mouth, tyvm.

this society claims to love kids....

Bones who said that? My experience is the opposite people seem to have less patience for little ones these days, hell people don't even want kids in airplanes or restaurants anymore.

Did you even read the letter? It's most likely a family restaurant for God sake! Nobody would argue that your not correct in upscale environments.

( bangs head against the brick wall )

ill go with you on this pop. A "family style restaurant"..... is where you MUST expect children to be.... and in all their annoying glory.

I don't think anyone here is saying they don't want disabled kids around them in restaurants. I think they want WELL BEHAVED kids. Has nothing to do with autisim or anything else. Parents, TEACH YOUR KIDS MANNERS before going out to eat with other diners that don't know your family. That is all most are asking for.

In most instances, the manager will eat the cost of the meal in hopes of salvaging repeat business, but that's his/her decision to make. Not yours. If you're told to pay the bill and refuse to, you're a thief.

As for the rest of your post, I'll not address words that are put in my mouth, tyvm.
Those words were used to demonstrate the ridiculouness of your argument. I've been in business 27 years and me telling them "you owe me" won't cut the mustard. I have to provide the serve. Your theory also omits the fact that someone may find the food horrible. Serving a meal, in a restaurant, has certain expectations. Noisey amospheres aren't one of them.

Um. Beg to differ. Noisy atmosphere IS one of them. Dad had a restaurant for over 50 years. If the food was bad and the plate empty, they paid. If the plate was full and they complained, he got them another plate or if they didn't want the new plate, he let them walk with no paying for it. If the food was good, but some kid ruined their meal by playing tag around their table, he didn't charge for their meal because he wanted them back. The parents of the kids playing tag were told to please return again, but control the kids or they would not be allowed in. He never had a prob with repeat customers...even those with bratty kids. They ALL came back...per his rules.

Bones who said that? My experience is the opposite people seem to have less patience for little ones these days, hell people don't even want kids in airplanes or restaurants anymore.

Did you even read the letter? It's most likely a family restaurant for God sake! Nobody would argue that your not correct in upscale environments.

ill go with you on this pop. A "family style restaurant"..... is where you MUST expect children to be.... and in all their annoying glory.

Thank you

Ye are now bestowed greenies my Dear!

Those words were used to demonstrate the ridiculouness of your argument. I've been in business 27 years and me telling them "you owe me" won't cut the mustard. I have to provide the serve. Your theory also omits the fact that someone may find the food horrible. Serving a meal, in a restaurant, has certain expectations. Noisey amospheres aren't one of them.

unless it is chuck e cheese.

Thank you

Ye are now bestowed greenies my Dear!

here is the thing..... everyone is jumping on the PC thing of ooohh... the autistic kid.

Autistic kids react to their environment.... anyone ever think that a noisy badly behaved kid... may be disturbing another autistic kid and casing that autistic kid trauma and distress?

just saying..... that little bit of emotional black mail can work both ways. MY child is autistic and THAT noisy kid is causing a problem with MY autistic kid. So now who do you feel sorry for?

(an no i do not have an autistic kid)

To the Woman and Child Who Sat at Table 9*|&nbspTony Posnanski

This is all well and nice....BUT....what about the people who went to your restaurant to get away from their own children, had sitters, and needed a break from kids in general?

Your thoughts?

There is nothing worse than going to a restaurant and having someone's brats run around screeching. I understand that sometimes, parents have to take their kids with them, but I wouldn't stand for any child making noises and disrupting my meal.
I wouldn't have been so kind.

Say something..I dare you and I'll let my kids screech louder and louder..bad enough I have to deal trying keep my kids busy and pleasant that having you added on top of it will not help.

Unless you are talking about the parents that don't bother trying to control the little ones...then yeah

Allow it. Breastfeeding is natural and normal and if you don't like it, you don't have to look.

Believe it or not, so are children.

Of course, but older children can be taught to behave. Babies cannot.

This particular child is autistic. That, like it or not, means that this particular child has trouble dealing with the world you demand he live in. I know that is inconvenient for you, but I really don't give a fuck if your life is inconvenient, I care more about that child being able to live in his world, whatever it is, than you being able to force him to live in yours.

When I go out to eat or some relaxation I do not think in terms of PC, OBP(other people's bullshit) or social grace and tolerance in these situations.

I think that I hardly ever go out and when I do it is to take a break from my normal routine. I think about the cash I am laying out and the goal is to relax...

What I do is ask for another seat somewhere else. I am not looking to create a more difficult situation if the child has a disability. If the kid is being a brat that is another story.

If it is a child behaving badly because the parents aren't parenting well, that's one thing. If it is a child with a disabiity, it's an entirely different matter. Possibly the mother didn't take the child to MacDonald's or the like becaus the atmosphere there would be far more difficult for a child with autism to handle. That could be very likely. Possibly she doesn't leave her with a baby sitter because it is difficult to find a sitter who knows how to take care of a child with autism. Possibly she's a single parent who can't afford a sitter and wanted a nice meal out for a change. Lots of possibilities here that make this not a clear cut case of just an annoying child with a parent making bad choices. How often does this happen to you, going to a 'nice' restaurant and dealing, not with poorly behaved children, but with a child with autism who may not be able to behave properly? Is this woman never allowed to go out to a nice meal?

Note in the article the restaurant manager says he lost a child. He is referring to his own gratitude of having a child at all after having lost his first child, and his gratitude she was okay, not burdened with any disability. Children are a precious gift, and those who are blessed to have healthy, ordinary kids are most blessed of all.

To the other patrons it comes down to "Your child is giving me the creeps....remove her from my presence"

The mother is doing the best she can under the circumstances. She should not be expected to keep her child from public view because it makes you uncomfortable

:clap2:

I do not care to go out to dinner and be disturbed by uncontrollable children, autistic or otherwise.

If that is your preferred dining experience, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Forum List

Back