To remember those currently serving...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
If you have a family member or good friend who is currently serving in either of the wars, please post their name and a little about them. This is not a political thread nor will any political debate be tolerated. The thread is for one purpose only, so that those who wish to, can remember their people. Thanks everyone for honoring the intentions of this thread...to simply remember those who will not be with their families these holidays.

Blake xxxxx, United States Air Force, Security Forces, he was first in South Korea, and is currently deployed in Iraq. He is my cousin, and he is very happy to have made it into the USAF, and I hope he is doing ok.

Chris xxxxx, United States Air Force, Fire Protection, he is currently in the US, and he will be leaving for the Middle East (currently he has 2 bases opened) and I hope he stays safe, he has always dreamed of being a fire-fighter, and is doing his passion. He is a good friend, and helped lead me to the USAF.

xxxxx= I excluded last names, do not like idea of spreading their full names without their consent over the internet, call it paranoia, just way I am.

Lt. Col. (Fr.) Eric xxxxx, Army Ranger and Advanced Airborne. Last served as garrison chaplain at Camp Eggers. Recent recipient of the Bronze Star and has a Purple Heart. Currently ashore as of July, but his next tour in Afghanistan starts in the Spring, maybe earlier.

Last edited:
If you have a family member or good friend who is currently serving in either of the wars, please post their name and a little about them. This is not a political thread nor will any political debate be tolerated. The thread is for one purpose only, so that those who wish to, can remember their people. Thanks everyone for honoring the intentions of this thread...to simply remember those who will not be with their families these holidays.

No fucking way I'm going to put that information on a board so rife with extreme leftists.

My son-in-law, Air Force Sargeant Larry ***** is just now returning from Afghanistan. He just called today from Germany. We are hoping he gets home in time to see his son (my grandson) be born. It's gonna be close!!!

No fucking way I'm going to put that information on a board so rife with extreme leftists.

Uhhh....see my above post. I'm left wing (and some would say extreme) and I'm insulted by your tone.

But I do have to wonder.....Are you ashamed of something? :confused:

My son-in-law, Air Force Sargeant Larry ***** is just now returning from Afghanistan. He just called today from Germany. We are hoping he gets home in time to see his son (my grandson) be born. It's gonna be close!!!

Uhhh....see my above post. I'm left wing (and some would say extreme) and I'm insulted by your tone.

But I do have to wonder.....Are you ashamed of something? :confused:

Just cognizant of some extreme leftists and their methods. No need to let them harass my family members or their commanders.

My brother John leaves the 31st of this month for a one year tour in Iraq. He fly’s the Black Hawk choppers, Medivac (sp) Unit, I’m scared to death. Full medical bennies for his 3 children and their education paid in full,,, I’m so scared for him.

I just edited my post to remove the information. I'm heartily agreeing with Asterism after reading some of the posts in other areas. How sad that I don't even feel safe posting about someone I love who's serving this country. I'm logging out and won't return.

Last edited:
The band Heart just recently released a new music video for their song Dear Old America. Not only am I a huge fan of Heart and this is an awesome song, but this video is amazing for the fact that it acknowledges men and women who either have served in the military or who are currently serving. Heart had veterans and current military personnel submit pictures to be featured in the video. It's great to see them appreciated!

While listening to Pandora Internet Music today this song came on. I post it to honor American service people everywhere including our SFCOllie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5GDvN9_OE]SSgt Barry Sadler - "The Ballad of the Green Berets" (1966) - YouTube[/ame]

I have a cousin in the Taliban, I want to wish her good luck and be safe.

We all make choices in life, and we the price for those decisions.

predator-firing-missile4.jpg

It is a shame some people require "tough love" to understand reality. Peace be with you.

Last edited:
I hate that you say "serving" in Iraq or anything like that. That implies that they are helping us citizens in any way shape or form. No. The only people who are being served by these oblivious "soldiers" are the corporate and government officials making money off of it.

I hate that you say "serving" in Iraq or anything like that. That implies that they are helping us citizens in any way shape or form. No. The only people who are being served by these oblivious "soldiers" are the corporate and government officials making money off of it.

They are serving because they volunteered to be the military force that the civilian leadership uses to defend us. They aren't the ones who decide where they go.

Is a firefighter serving by putting out a fire at a crackhouse? Is an EMT serving by intubating a suspected rapist?

Yes in both cases.

They are serving because they volunteered to be the military force that the civilian leadership uses to defend us. They aren't the ones who decide where they go.

Is a firefighter serving by putting out a fire at a crackhouse? Is an EMT serving by intubating a suspected rapist?

Yes in both cases.
they're serving the crack fiends and the rapist

but I"m not about to get into a semantic argument with you. This has nothing to do with the word "serve" and all to do with the idea that we owe any kind of debt of gratitude to us military officials

Forum List

Back