Someone is not telling the truth.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Soldier mom refuses deployment to care for baby - Yahoo! News

If the mother was told they would deploy her anyway then the command lied to her, if she is just claiming that to avoid prosecution then she is lying. Of course there is a third option, she misunderstood what they told her.

Hopefully it is all worked out. I doubt she gets charged with much. She missed a movement which is a serious crime in the military but if she missed it because some bone head told her she had to deploy and leave her child in foster care then they won't push that.

I understand why she didn't go but didn't she know this could happen when she had the child?
I am guessing she was already in the army when she got pregnant since the child is only four months old.

This is bullshit!

Why not deploy both the mother and the baby?

The baby can be used as bait to lure insurgents into our kill zone.

We are at war people! That baby might be Congressional Medal of Honour baby,.

Last edited:
I understand why she didn't go but didn't she know this could happen when she had the child?
I am guessing she was already in the army when she got pregnant since the child is only four months old.

She had a plan, or did you miss that part? Her mother was supposed to take care of the baby. Her mother gave the baby back 5 days before she deployed and said she couldn't take care of the baby for a year. She just needed more time to make new arraignments.

Knowing there are idiots in the military I am not sure if someone LIED to her or if she just misunderstood. Of course there is a chance she arranged this but I am doubting it.

She had a plan, or did you miss that part? Her mother was supposed to take care of the baby. Her mother gave the baby back 5 days before she deployed and said she couldn't take care of the baby for a year. She just needed more time to make new arraignments.

Knowing there are idiots in the military I am not sure if someone LIED to her or if she just misunderstood. Of course there is a chance she arranged this but I am doubting it.
I said I understand why she didnt go but wouldn't you find out everything you needed to know if you were pregnant in the military, like what would happen or what you needed to do if you were going to miss deployment due to a family emergency? Part of being a mother is having mulitple back up plans.
I do think she should have had her deployment pushed back and I think as soon as she can find childcare she should be able to deploy.

Last edited:
from the article....
Kevin Larson, a spokesman for Hunter Army Airfield, said he didn't know what Hutchinson was told by her commanders, but he said the Army would not deploy a single parent who had nobody to care for his or her child.
Fact.

That's why there is a thing called the chain of command. All she had to do was use her chain of command and she would have gotten the results she needed. Just sitting around and doing nothing, waiting for someone else to take responsibility is indicative of the state of the youth in America today.

This is bullshit!

Why not deploy both the mother and the baby?

The baby can be used as bait to lure insurgents into our kill zone.

We are at war people! That baby might be Congressional Medal of Honour baby,.

That works for me. Except babies can be tricky, open to bribery and could - for a price - give valuable information to insurgents.

In my opinion, she should have just left the kid at home. Easy.

from the article....
Kevin Larson, a spokesman for Hunter Army Airfield, said he didn't know what Hutchinson was told by her commanders, but he said the Army would not deploy a single parent who had nobody to care for his or her child.
Fact.

That's why there is a thing called the chain of command. All she had to do was use her chain of command and she would have gotten the results she needed. Just sitting around and doing nothing, waiting for someone else to take responsibility is indicative of the state of the youth in America today.

Does anyone actually read the stories, she said she was told by her command she would be deployed even if she had no one to care for the child.

from the article....
Fact.

From the link....

Her civilian attorney, Rai Sue Sussman, said Monday that one of Hutchinson's superiors told her she would have to deploy anyway and place the child in foster care.

Soldier mom refuses deployment to care for baby - Yahoo! News

Forum List

Back