To My White Male Friends...

Does racism exist in society today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure wish people would learn what real racism is.

privileged white males......a stereotype bordering on prejudice.....definitely hate speech.

Try this mental exercise.

Imagine that you are a black male walking down the street where you live. If none of your friends and neighbors knew that it was you how would they perceive you? How do you perceive a black male walking down your own street?

Can you answer those questions honestly?
Well since I have black neighbors I think nothing of it.

Instead of letting myself be entertained watching batshit crazy Righties froth at the mouth, I just want to note that not a single one of them even thought to mention a good definition of racism. How in the world can people debate anything without at least knowing the parameters of WHAT they are debating? That is stupity at it's finest, I must summize.

For me, it's very simple: Racism consists of words and/or deeds that deliberately denigrate an entire race in order to make it look inferior to another race. This includes but is not limited to the use of offensive descriptors for the race being attacked, to false statements, to the twisting of statistics, and, most commonly, the use of stereotypes. Implict in all of this is the thought "they are all alike", a thought that racists harbor and like to try to plant in the minds of other people.

I have no problem in the world when a white person criticizes a specific asian or a specific black person, or an asian person criticizes a specific Latino, or a Latino criticizes a specific White person, etc, etc. It's when words (and deeds) come into play that make it abundantly clear the ENTIRE race is meant to be demeaned or somehow lessened that I have a problem.

Nor is racism exclusive to any one race. You can find racism and bigotry all over this beautiful planet of ours. You will find White racists, Black racists, Yellow racists, Red racists, Olive-skinned Racists, Brown racists and pretty much every-shade-in-between racists. In Japan, there is even Asian on Asian racism, believe it or not.

It's kind of sad that a number of individuals on this forum, most, but not all, of them white, have taken such umbrage and are always looking for relativism. That doesn't help anything one damned bit. And it makes them out to be cowards. And sure, if you want to haul out every statistic you can find, you can make a case that the "black" community has problems that it needs to solve. But gee, you can find those same problems, albeit sometimes to a lesser degree, in the "white" community or in the "Latino" community. Every "community" has problems that it needs to solve.

It's time for a number of people here to finally be adults and at least think about a very common sense definition of what racism is BEFORE shooting off at the mouth.

Yes, sometimes our society is indeed too PC. But that doesn't mean by a longshot that that suddenly gives racists a free-card to start calling other people "******" or "Cracker" or "Wetback" and not expect a blowback for such stupidity.

And finally, a number of idiots here in USMB still haven't gotten it through their thick, unweilding skulls that we are ALL homo sapiens. That is the correct designation for our entire species. It's our genus. Get used to it. For soon, all of that other stuff won't matter one goddamned bit.

Grow up, people.

That was a "Homerun", Stat. Well said.

Thanks, Kat. I disavow ALL forms of racism and bigotry, completely irregardless where it comes from. Only, when I note racist content from a white member of USMB (or, at least, someone who claims to be white), the first thing that happens is a downpour of relativism: "you didn't also quote so and so or so and so". It proves the point that racist behavior is not only disgusting and inhumane, it is also childish and makes a person act like a little brat.

Again, I challenge any member of USMB to find even one single posting of mine, out of more than 20,000, where my content is racist. Mind you, some will try to find a posting where I chastise another member for his or her racist content and will try to use it against me. This is another key characteristic of racist behavior: to try to turn the tables so as to distract from one's own racism. LOL.

Science tells us that we are ALL homo sapiens. Science also tells us that the more our genes mix, the stronger and more viable our species becomes going into the future. Logically, if are species were really smart, we would be intermarrying all over the place. And indeed, it is happening these days more than ever. It's the merging of our slight genetic differences that makes us stronger.

We can try to attach attributes to one race or another, and sometimes there is a pattern, but that doesn't make a race less - or more - than another race. Many Asians do indeed tend to be somewhat smaller in terms of body height and weight than Europeans or Africans, but not all. Some are veritable giants. Many Asians possess the ability concentrate in exquisite ways, but that probably has nothing to do with race, but rather, with culture. The majority of the finest concert pianists and violinists across the world are Asians. Many attribute extra strength and endurance to black people, but I know of russian bodybuilders and runners who can put the majority of black athletes to shame. So, a tendency should not allowed to be a generalization. You will find some dumb Asians out there, you will find White people who are seven feet tall and outstanding basketball players, you will find Indian-Americans who are short, fat and who don't even know what a reservation looks like, much less a feather or a bow/arrow. The points is that tendencies can be interesting to watch, but at the end of the day, they are essentially meaningless.

We are ALL homo sapiens. End of story.
Ya of course you only EVER call out the white people on their racism, you ignore or make light of the black racists on this board and in the world around us while claiming you are clear as can be. You are part of the problem and you are allowing the problem to grow.

Since when does black racism excuse white racism?

privileged white males......a stereotype bordering on prejudice.....definitely hate speech.

Imagine that you are a black male walking down the street where you live. If none of your friends and neighbors knew that it was you how would they perceive you? How do you perceive a black male walking down your own street?

Well since I have black neighbors I think nothing of it.

The question was directed at Darkwind.

Instead of letting myself be entertained watching batshit crazy Righties froth at the mouth, I just want to note that not a single one of them even thought to mention a good definition of racism. How in the world can people debate anything without at least knowing the parameters of WHAT they are debating? That is stupity at it's finest, I must summize.

For me, it's very simple: Racism consists of words and/or deeds that deliberately denigrate an entire race in order to make it look inferior to another race. This includes but is not limited to the use of offensive descriptors for the race being attacked, to false statements, to the twisting of statistics, and, most commonly, the use of stereotypes. Implict in all of this is the thought "they are all alike", a thought that racists harbor and like to try to plant in the minds of other people.

I have no problem in the world when a white person criticizes a specific asian or a specific black person, or an asian person criticizes a specific Latino, or a Latino criticizes a specific White person, etc, etc. It's when words (and deeds) come into play that make it abundantly clear the ENTIRE race is meant to be demeaned or somehow lessened that I have a problem.

Nor is racism exclusive to any one race. You can find racism and bigotry all over this beautiful planet of ours. You will find White racists, Black racists, Yellow racists, Red racists, Olive-skinned Racists, Brown racists and pretty much every-shade-in-between racists. In Japan, there is even Asian on Asian racism, believe it or not.

It's kind of sad that a number of individuals on this forum, most, but not all, of them white, have taken such umbrage and are always looking for relativism. That doesn't help anything one damned bit. And it makes them out to be cowards. And sure, if you want to haul out every statistic you can find, you can make a case that the "black" community has problems that it needs to solve. But gee, you can find those same problems, albeit sometimes to a lesser degree, in the "white" community or in the "Latino" community. Every "community" has problems that it needs to solve.

It's time for a number of people here to finally be adults and at least think about a very common sense definition of what racism is BEFORE shooting off at the mouth.

Yes, sometimes our society is indeed too PC. But that doesn't mean by a longshot that that suddenly gives racists a free-card to start calling other people "******" or "Cracker" or "Wetback" and not expect a blowback for such stupidity.

And finally, a number of idiots here in USMB still haven't gotten it through their thick, unweilding skulls that we are ALL homo sapiens. That is the correct designation for our entire species. It's our genus. Get used to it. For soon, all of that other stuff won't matter one goddamned bit.

Grow up, people.

Thanks, Kat. I disavow ALL forms of racism and bigotry, completely irregardless where it comes from. Only, when I note racist content from a white member of USMB (or, at least, someone who claims to be white), the first thing that happens is a downpour of relativism: "you didn't also quote so and so or so and so". It proves the point that racist behavior is not only disgusting and inhumane, it is also childish and makes a person act like a little brat.

Again, I challenge any member of USMB to find even one single posting of mine, out of more than 20,000, where my content is racist. Mind you, some will try to find a posting where I chastise another member for his or her racist content and will try to use it against me. This is another key characteristic of racist behavior: to try to turn the tables so as to distract from one's own racism. LOL.

Science tells us that we are ALL homo sapiens. Science also tells us that the more our genes mix, the stronger and more viable our species becomes going into the future. Logically, if are species were really smart, we would be intermarrying all over the place. And indeed, it is happening these days more than ever. It's the merging of our slight genetic differences that makes us stronger.

We can try to attach attributes to one race or another, and sometimes there is a pattern, but that doesn't make a race less - or more - than another race. Many Asians do indeed tend to be somewhat smaller in terms of body height and weight than Europeans or Africans, but not all. Some are veritable giants. Many Asians possess the ability concentrate in exquisite ways, but that probably has nothing to do with race, but rather, with culture. The majority of the finest concert pianists and violinists across the world are Asians. Many attribute extra strength and endurance to black people, but I know of russian bodybuilders and runners who can put the majority of black athletes to shame. So, a tendency should not allowed to be a generalization. You will find some dumb Asians out there, you will find White people who are seven feet tall and outstanding basketball players, you will find Indian-Americans who are short, fat and who don't even know what a reservation looks like, much less a feather or a bow/arrow. The points is that tendencies can be interesting to watch, but at the end of the day, they are essentially meaningless.

Ya of course you only EVER call out the white people on their racism, you ignore or make light of the black racists on this board and in the world around us while claiming you are clear as can be. You are part of the problem and you are allowing the problem to grow.

Since when does black racism excuse white racism?
The question to ask is since when does white racism excuse black racism? Since when does making excuses for black racism help blacks?

The question to ask is since when does white racism excuse black racism? Since when does making excuses for black racism help blacks?

Racism is wrong, period!

No one is making excuses for black racism.

White racists are denying that they are racist and blaming their victims. How does that help blacks?

Tell the author of that piece that until Vietnam more Americans were killed per capita in the American civil war than any other war in history. To right a wrong. To end slavery in this nation. In the 60's we protested and marched for your civil rights. Your black president has done more to undo what has been accomplished than any other. Rev.God Damn America Wright, Al Sharptongue and Obama have convinced you that you are entitled. While you scream white privilege, you demand black privilege. You are no more or less entitled than anyone else in this country. You're rights are the same as mine.

You can't demand respect, you have to earn it. Take responsibility for yourself and your children. Get them off of the streets and into the classroom. Make Ben Carson your model, not Michael Brown. Stop hanging out until dark to help yourself to free stuff and show the world you are worthy of respect. Stop killing each other. Stop blaming everybody else. Do something positive for the country for a change. Get a job.

Typical extremist fundie blaming the victims instead of dealing with the problem that is themselves. Your precious white privilege is eroding and you are going to have to face it sooner or later. WWJD in these circumstances? Blame Obama? Or help the oppressed?

And who did you blame for your lack before typical extremist fundies came along?
Privilege is the sociological concept that some groups of people have advantages relative to other groups.
So, what privilege do you think I enjoy that you don't have the same access to?
What problem do you think I need to deal with? I don't have a problem, here's why:
My kids were raised to respect authority. They don't challenge cops, so they aren't going to be shot by them. They don't belong to a gang. They don't riot, or loot. Instead, they spent long long hours studying, graduated with honors, got good jobs, bought nice houses and cars, and they go to work to support themselves every day, and that is what gave them an advantage. Now, tell me what they accomplished that your children don't have the same opportunity to accomplish.

You have white privilege confused with the benefits of hard work.

And Jesus would tell you to love one another, not drive by shoot one another.

Last edited:

Grow up, people.

All excellent points, and I concur with everything you stated. Ignorance as well as objectivity comes in all colors, people of every race have their catagories of good and bad to varying degrees, which only proves the point that we are all people with the capability to excel or turn out badly..

I would be concerned that they might want to play the knock out game. Now you tell me, whose at fault for my concern, me?

You would not believe My answer if I gave it. This is not a mental exercise, but one predetermined to achieve a specified outcome.

You try this exercise.

Do you truly KNOW My neighbors that you could judge them? It is My thought that should I give any answer but the one you seek, you will dismiss it out of hand.

And you already exhibit stereotyping bordering on prejudice, so you do not readily lend yourself to a credibility as a knowledge seeker.

You would not believe My answer if I gave it. This is not a mental exercise, but one predetermined to achieve a specified outcome.

You try this exercise.

Do you truly KNOW My neighbors that you could judge them? It is My thought that should I give any answer but the one you seek, you will dismiss it out of hand.

And you already exhibit stereotyping bordering on prejudice, so you do not readily lend yourself to a credibility as a knowledge seeker.

I am 6'3" and weigh 245 lbs. If I was a black male I would be perceived as a threat to racist whites. Since I am a white male they don't see me a threat.

That is what this exercise is all about.

That you lack the honesty, integrity and self awareness to answer the questions means that you have effectively chosen to disqualify yourself from any further meaningful participation in this topic. Have a nice day.

Racism is wrong, period!

White racists are denying that they are racist and blaming their victims. How does that help blacks?
You have already admitted you ignore black racism. As do most of the prominent Liberal politicians and out Current Potus and Attorney General.

Racism is wrong, period!

You have already admitted you ignore black racism. As do most of the prominent Liberal politicians and out Current Potus and Attorney General.

This is, of course, a lie. Neither Deri nor I ignore any form of racism. You are just blowing steam out your one orifice, now.

You try this exercise.

I am 6'3" and weigh 245 lbs. If I was a black male I would be perceived as a threat to racist whites. Since I am a white male they don't see me a threat.

That you lack the honesty, integrity and self awareness to answer the questions means that you have effectively chosen to disqualify yourself from any further meaningful participation in this topic. Have a nice day.
More proof you ignore black racism and claim all whites are racist.

You try this exercise.

More proof you ignore black racism and claim all whites are racist.

No, that is proof that you have a serious reading comprehension disorder and should seek professional help.

My evolved brain says, "Don't listen to that inner cave man, why do you think he went extinct?".

Why does your "evolved brain" still listen to your inner racist? Haven't you figured out that white males are losing their position on the top of the pecking order? Do you really want to expose your own sons and grandsons to the aftereffects of your inner racist?
Like I have always said and you have shown it to be true. Democrats are the party of racist.

Racism is wrong, period!

learn what the word racism means

There is no such thing as reverse racism The Massachusetts Daily Collegian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back