To Bible-reading Christians...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by -Cp, Oct 2, 2006.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I swear, if ANY ninnyhammer starts posting to take this threat off topic, they're gonna get a swift 1-day ban!! Sorry to be like that, but this forum in particular seems to be a magnet for morons who love to give their two worthless cents of BS... So don't be a Popinjay....

Three questions regarding the Garden of Eden..

1. Do you believe the Garden was a "perfact state of being" for Adam and Eve - i.e. do you believe there was sickness and death before the fall?

2. If there wasn't sickness then what'd be the point of God creating man with an Immune-system?

3. If there wasn't any death, why do Cats of prey have fangs for ripping flesh?

2. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'll do my best to stay on topic, Sir. :salute:

:D

Yes. If by "death" you mean no death of nephesh chayyah (breathing creatures, also conveys the idea of consciousness). People and animals were given plants to eat; therefore, plants "died." Also, single-celled creatures, perhaps worms, etc.

One important function of the immune system is to determine what is "me" and what is "not me." My immune system will attack cells that are "not me." The immune system serves as a border separating the human from the rest of the world at the cellular level.

Why do you say that fangs are for ripping flesh? Certainly, that is what some animals use them for today. However, think about the panda; it has fang-like teeth, yet its diet consists mostly of bamboo. Also the fruit bat--- fang-like teeth, yet it eats fruit. Just because an animal has sharp teeth doesn't mean those teeth were designed for eating flesh. It just means the animal has sharp teeth.

Cp, I highly recommend The Answers Book, published by Master Books. http://shop5.gospelcom.net/epages/A...7ce271d45579e790693/Product/View/10&2D2&2D001

Very easy to read, broken into segmants that answer, in detail, the 20 most-asked questions about creation science. :)

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Nienna is brilliant...like the sun. :)

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    The garden was cool, but it was probably boring. You never value a hot shower as much until you had your gas cutoff and take cold ones for a while. That's a real eyeopener. If you just think of the warmth of the clothes you put on afterward it helps. Materialization is visualization.

5. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    So you think things can only be interesting if evil is involved? I personally don't think the Garden was perfectly comfortable all the time. There had to be gradations of comfort. For instance, being hungry isn't comfortable, but there was fruit there to assuage the discomfort. I think there was hunger, but not starvation; illness (like a head cold), but not disease; wearing of the body, but renewal to ward off aging. Like that.

Of course, that's just my surmise. :)

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I didn't say anything about evil. Where'd you get that? I too think there is still hunger in the garden. But is there ease? Is the hunger satisfied by simply reaching out and grasping the bounty? We are not tested when life is easy. The question is, will we love each other and god when the going gets tough. To test us, we had to be put out, or rather, we chose to be tested? Why did eve eat the fruit? satan or something. Oh well. You get the drift.

7. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221

Adam & Eve were given work. They were to maintain the Garden, whatever that entailed. Not until sin did man have to sweat & toil in his labor for survival.

The "test" came before being put out of the Garden. THAT was the result of the test. Because Satan wanted to be as God, and because he accused God of His "control", Adam & Eve HAD to be "tested" for obedience. And they failed.

Food , for whatever reason, consisted of eating from the Tree of Life. There was resting, but there was no need for sleep. I do not believe there was any illness, disease, tears, bruises, cuts, scrapes, anything like that, because that is the result of sin. Not until they were expelled from the Garden would these have occured.

8. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Why would God bother making Adam and Eve with an advanced immune system that can fight-off sickness if there was to be no sickness before the fall?

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Three questions regarding the Garden of Eden..

1. Do you believe the Garden was a "perfact state of being" for Adam and Eve

Only symbolically.

- i.e. do you believe there was sickness and death before the fall?

Yes, there was sickness and death..

2. If there wasn't sickness then what'd be the point of God creating man with an Immune-system?

Immune-systems evolve.

3. If there wasn't any death, why do Cats of prey have fangs for ripping flesh?

Why do you have teeth, to eat maybe?

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    being a Presbyterian

we are taught that the bible was written as parables to teach

the garden of Eden was the time of the dawn of the consciousness of man .... peace an harmony reigned initially and all living things that are now were then .... the fall created nothing new .... except that man is not perfect and that life will be a struggle to attain peace and harmony