To all who Challenge Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit

Sailors are overly gay and we all know that there are no gays in heaven and they're never going to get in either the same with beer.

Considering that you're a hate filled bigot, I kinda think I know where you're gonna end up...........

The "Limbo of the Patriarchs" or "Limbo of the Fathers" (Latin limbus patrum) is seen as the temporary state of those who, in spite of the personal sins they may have committed, died in the friendship of God, but could not enter Heaven until redemption by Jesus Christ made it possible. The term "Limbo of the Fathers" was a medieval name for the part of the underworld (Hades) where the patriarchs of the Old Testament were believed to be kept until Christ's soul descended into it by his death[1] through crucifixion and freed them (see Harrowing of Hell). The Catechism of the Catholic Church describes Christ's descent into "hell" as meaning primarily that "the crucified one sojourned in the realm of the dead prior to his resurrection. This was the first meaning given in the apostolic preaching to Christ's descent into hell: that Jesus, like all men, experienced death and in his soul joined the others in the realm of the dead." It adds: "But he descended there as Saviour, proclaiming the Good News to the spirits imprisoned there." It does not use the word "Limbo".[2]

The Limbo of the Fathers was the abode of people who, before Jesus' Resurrection, had died in the friendship of God, but had to wait for Christ to open heaven's gates. This concept of Limbo affirms that one can get into heaven only through Jesus Christ but does not portray Moses, etc., as being punished eternally in Hell.

Limbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is only the creator. The rest of what you have been taught is bullshit. It's all in thE scRIpt. Try reading it instead of allowing some asshole tell you what he thinks(because he too was told) it says.

The script of the Quran, the Bible, which one?

And how do I tell which one is holier than the other or more true? The font? If the book is leatherbound?

Book of Polka 3:69 In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here

:lol:

Actually, if you are a Sailor, yes.......there IS beer in Heaven, you just gotta go to the right place..........

SailorsOne sailors tale published in 1832 speaks of Fiddler's Green as being "nine miles beyond the dweling of his Satanic majesty".[1] In maritime folklore it is a kind of afterlife for sailors who have served at least 50 years at sea.,[2][3] where there is rum,tobacco and marijuana.[4]

[edit] Frederick MarryatFiddler's Green appears in his novel The Dog Fiend; Or, Snarleyyow, published in 1856,[5] as lyrics to a sailors' song:

At Fiddler’s Green, where seamen true
When here they’ve done their duty
The bowl of grog shall still renew
And pledge to love and beauty.

[edit] Adoption among US militaryThe story of Fiddler's Green was published in 1923, in Cavalry Journal.[6] According to this article, it was inspired by a story told by Captain "Sammy" Pearson at a campfire in the Medicine Bow Mountains of Wyoming. It is still used by modern cavalry units to memorialize the deceased. The name has had other military uses. Today, in the heart of the Helmand River Valley, in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, the U.S. Marine Corps operates a firebase (FB) named Fiddler's Green. Fiddler’s Green was an artillery Fire Support Base in Military Region III in Vietnam in 1972 occupied principally by elements of 2nd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry, and also was the name of the U.S. Navy's enlisted men's club in Sasebo, Japan from 1952 to 1976. It was the name of the enlisted men's club at Bainbridge Naval Training Center. The informal bar at the Fort Sill Officers' Open Mess used to be known as Fiddler's Green and it is the name of the stable and pasture used by Parsons Mounted Cavalry, a cadet group at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, and that of the bar at the Leaders Club in Fort Knox, Kentucky.

Fiddler's Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only that, there's also rum and marijuana!

I'm sure there will be wine in heaven though! :)

There is only the creator. The rest of what you have been taught is bullshit. It's all in thE scRIpt. Try reading it instead of allowing some asshole tell you what he thinks(because he too was told) it says.

And how do I tell which one is holier than the other or more true? The font? If the book is leatherbound?

The answer to your question is simple: You ask God.

It's only revelation that can show you how to come towards God. The Scriptures are a tool to help you. But it's the Spirit that teaches the truth of all things.

Good OP, the Word of God is the infallible truth, anyone who denies it is a liar and should be ashamed.

Whose God? Earth has SO many to choose from!

Names of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There isn't more than one God, there is only One and he is a very jealous God so go ahead and provoke His wrath, the flames of hell await you.

Is that your humble opinion, or an emphatic statement that's backed up by nada-squat?

If that's your opinion, I still love you, Charlie.

If it's an emphatic statement backed up by nothing but quotes from an ancient book, :lol:.

Book of Polka 3:69 In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here

:lol:

Actually, if you are a Sailor, yes.......there IS beer in Heaven, you just gotta go to the right place..........

SailorsOne sailors tale published in 1832 speaks of Fiddler's Green as being "nine miles beyond the dweling of his Satanic majesty".[1] In maritime folklore it is a kind of afterlife for sailors who have served at least 50 years at sea.,[2][3] where there is rum,tobacco and marijuana.[4]

[edit] Frederick MarryatFiddler's Green appears in his novel The Dog Fiend; Or, Snarleyyow, published in 1856,[5] as lyrics to a sailors' song:

At Fiddler’s Green, where seamen true
When here they’ve done their duty
The bowl of grog shall still renew
And pledge to love and beauty.

[edit] Adoption among US militaryThe story of Fiddler's Green was published in 1923, in Cavalry Journal.[6] According to this article, it was inspired by a story told by Captain "Sammy" Pearson at a campfire in the Medicine Bow Mountains of Wyoming. It is still used by modern cavalry units to memorialize the deceased. The name has had other military uses. Today, in the heart of the Helmand River Valley, in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, the U.S. Marine Corps operates a firebase (FB) named Fiddler's Green. Fiddler’s Green was an artillery Fire Support Base in Military Region III in Vietnam in 1972 occupied principally by elements of 2nd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry, and also was the name of the U.S. Navy's enlisted men's club in Sasebo, Japan from 1952 to 1976. It was the name of the enlisted men's club at Bainbridge Naval Training Center. The informal bar at the Fort Sill Officers' Open Mess used to be known as Fiddler's Green and it is the name of the stable and pasture used by Parsons Mounted Cavalry, a cadet group at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, and that of the bar at the Leaders Club in Fort Knox, Kentucky.

Fiddler's Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only that, there's also rum and marijuana!

Nice! See you at table #7, ABS! First round is on me.

It's only revelation that can show you how to come towards God. The Scriptures are a tool to help you. But it's the Spirit that teaches the truth of all things.

More proof that belief sets are like nipples - everyone has a set and no two sets are identical.

:boobies:

Sin done by men who were created with the ability to sin, just like the poster is saying, thus an imperfect creation.

On another note as an atheist all I can do is scratch my head when I see christians trying to use the Bible to make us become christian. If we took that book seriously...........wouldn't we have already converted when we were kids growing up, for the most part being force fed this stuff?
What kind of God/Creator would want a blind follower with no other choice?

I hope I'm not coming across as trying to force you to become a Christian.
I can merely answer, to the best of my knowledge, how the good book tells me I should.

I'm sorry there are some, like the OP, that feel the need to spam and flame with post after post of unconnected Scripture to "shove the Bible down people's throats".

:cool:

If all unbelievers go to hell what kind of God WOULDN'T want everyone to be an unquestioned follower with no other choice?

What kind of God would create a species that he'll eventually send about 3/4 of them to hell?

Don't tell my minister but I don't believe in 'eternal' hell
:eusa_shhh:

Actually........it's much simpler than that. It states in the Beginning, all was chaos, and Father brought order out of chaos.

Matter of fact, because we are created in Their Image, we also bring order out of chaos.

The Quaran is mixed up and chaotic, and therefore, not from Father, but things made up by men.

Actually........it's much simpler than that. It states in the Beginning, all was chaos, and Father brought order out of chaos.

Matter of fact, because we are created in Their Image, we also bring order out of chaos.

The Quaran is mixed up and chaotic, and therefore, not from Father, but things made up by men.

You really think that is simplier than merely asking God and learning from Him as He wants us to?

By asking god do you mean closing my eyes and asking a question, then waiting for another voice in my head to respond?

If I say, which god are you? You think he'll tell me?

By asking god do you mean closing my eyes and asking a question, then waiting for another voice in my head to respond?

If I say, which god are you? You think he'll tell me?

I mean having a real conversation with Him. That requires exercising faith that He will respond if He is there. It means putting sincere effort into it. It also requires a willingness to respond to the answer you get.

I have no doubt that if you honestly seek God, He will reveal Himself to you. And you will know for yourself. Everyone can do this.

You really think that is simplier than merely asking God and learning from Him as He wants us to?

No. Because I also back up and double check where other religions seem to have some kind of order to them. Matter of fact, Tao and Judaic theology are very similar. Same with Buddhism and what Yeshua taught.

But........if you ask Father what the right answer is, when you see some kind of synchronicity (what most people call coincidence), you've gotta be astute enough to recognize what He is trying to teach you.

But, that also includes having someone who you can talk to that understands Father along the same lines you do, so that when some idea comes into your head, you can run it by them first to see if it's real or not.

It states in the Bible that a righteous person can't be righteous all by themselves, they need another righteous person with them to keep them BOTH on the right track.

How do you have a conversation with someone who doesn't exist?

You know......I can't see the wind, but I know it exists, because I see it's effects when it blows. I can't see electricity, but I know that it exists, because I can turn on my computer and television.

I can't "see" Father, but when I get little pieces of synchronicity that affects my immediate vicinity, I know He exists, and I also know He is listening to me.

Forum List

Back