Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan & Iraq? Yea or Nay?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
This President has stated that we will be out of Iraq & Afghanistan by next year. Will we really be out of those nations though? Is it time to get out of Afghanistan & Iraq? I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

This President could get a bit more support out of me if he follows through on his promises of getting us out of both nations next year.

Iraq, thought we're already drawing down troop size.
Afghanistan, tough question.
If we leave Afghanistan, where would our predators take off from? They have been effective in the war on terrorism and and they are more palatable to peace-niks, as there is less collateral damge when they strike.
If we left, we would have to depend on cruise missles to strike Al-Qaeda re-established training bases and other Al-Qarda targets of opportunity.
Have to take into account also that Afghanistan IS the 'graveyard of nations'.
I'll support leaving and use cruise missles when necessary.

My advice to this President would be to just follow through on his withdrawal promises and get us out of both nations. If he does this,the Republicans would have no chance of regaining power for many years. Most people i talk to just want us out. If he delivers on his promises,his support will skyrocket. Just do it. No excuses. I guess we'll see though.

My advice to this President would be to just follow through on his withdrawal promises and get us out of both nations. If he does this,the Republicans would have no chance of regaining power for many years. Most people i talk to just want us out. If he delivers on his promises,his support will skyrocket. Just do it. No excuses. I guess we'll see though.

My response was based in national security interests as a whole, rather than in domestic partisanship based wrangling.
No matter who is in power, the duty of effectively keeping Muslim terroists off kilter trumps partisan political loss or gain.

My response was based in national security interests as a whole, rather than in domestic partisanship based wrangling.
No matter who is in power, the duty of effectively keeping Muslim terroists off kilter trumps partisan political loss or gain.

Duly noted. Thanks. I was just expressing my personal opinion. If he delivers on his withdrawal promises,he would certainly gain more support from me.

Lets get the H*ll out of both these nations. I'm completely sick of Nation-Building. We're building foreign nations while ours is falling apart. This makes no sense. Time to come home.

I don't approve of Nations Sheltering Terrorists who seek to Harm Innocent Lives, whether it's American or Afghan.

Iraq: It's already starting to become Calm, we still got Troops there but Major Combat Operations have ended at a Large Scale.

Afghanistan: No, I don't Support the Retreat of our Men and Women, We have done so much to Damage the Taliban and Al Qaeda, and their Momentum has gone increasingly Down..

The only Problem? Pakistan needs to do it's Part.

As I have said before we went into either country - We should just nuke everything from Syria, Mecca, Pakistan, and everything in between. Then move in and take over all the oil as payment of war reparations to us.

Last edited:
As I have said before we went into either country - We should just nuke everything from Syria, Mecca, Pakistan, and everything in between. Then move in and take over all the oil as payment of war reparations to us.

Damn, I hate to agree with warmongering conservatives.

"Come and take it."

Damn, I hate to agree with warmongering conservatives.

It'd be your funeral.

Does the Pedophile Prophet or his false god Allah provide you with divine shields against nukes? :lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately i'm already seeing this President back-tracking a bit on his withdrawal promises. I am now inclined to believe that we will not be leaving Afghanistan or Iraq in the near future. More promises broken. My guess is Afghanistan & Iraq will be a South Korea scenario in the end. How sad.

Unfortunately i'm already seeing this President back-tracking a bit on his withdrawal promises. I am now inclined to believe that we will not be leaving Afghanistan or Iraq in the near future. More promises broken. My guess is Afghanistan & Iraq will be a South Korea scenario in the end. How sad.

I think the Prez almost has to backtrack on Afghanistan because his drawdown is only a little over one year away and there is NO policy formulated yet as to what happens after we withdraw.
This is another credible reason not to put a time-line on military actions, unless they are just making it up as they skip along.

I think the Prez almost has to backtrack on Afghanistan because his drawdown is only a little over one year away and there is NO policy formulated yet as to what happens after we withdraw.
This is another credible reason not to put a time-line on military actions, unless they are just making it up as they skip along.

Yea i hear ya but he would certainly gain much more support from me if he just stuck to his promises and got us out of both nations by next year. Just do it. No excuses. Hey that's how i feel anyway.

Unless we're in the thing to win(Afghanistan) I don't see any point of remaining there. We're CLEARLY making a half-hearted effort there which is bad for troop morale as well as morale on the homefront. Eight plus years there and what do we have to show for it? Not a whole lot. In fact, Karzai and the Parliament now want to negotiate with the Taliban . . . the same Taliban who used to execute little girls for going to school/kite flying etc.

On the one hand I want us out, on the other hand we have created the mess , so we do owe it to them to finish the job. That being said, let's get them trained to take care of their own shit, give them a bill and get out of there.

Forum List

Back