Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan & Iraq? Yea or Nay?

Yea it's time to come home. Ten years of Nation-Building in Afghanistan is enough. The problems don't seem to get better,they only seem to get worse. I think a big mistake many have made is to compare rebuilding Afghanistan & Iraq with rebuilding Germany & Japan. Unfortunately these just aren't legitimate comparisons. Germany & Japan were united people with very little ethnic & religious differences. These two countries were completely united in their efforts to rebuild their nations. Afghanistan & Iraq are not united peoples. They have far too many ethnic & religious differences to ever really be successful in rebuilding. They will never be united peoples. So people should just stop comparing them with Germany & Japan. These Wars are over as far as i'm concerned. It's time to get the H*ll out.

Five more kids slaughtered over there yesterday and two captured by the Taliban. :(

I was for the war when both parties backed it & told us it would only cost a $100 billion & fewer US lives than 9/11. Now the cost is 10 times that & more than twice the lives. How could they have been so wrong. They are not trying to win these wars. These are long term money makers for them. I should have listened to Ron Paul from the start. I voted libertarian this last election because both of the other parties will fuck you every chance they get. Bush campaigned for no nation building.

Last edited:
I was for the war when both parties backed it & told us it would only cost a $100 billion & fewer US lives than 9/11. Now the cost is 10 times that & more than twice the lives. How could they have been so wrong. They are not trying to win these wars. These are long term money makers for them. I should have listened to Ron Paul from the start. I voted libertarian this last election because both of the other parties will fuck you every chance they get. Bush campaigned for no nation building.

Great points. Afghanistan & Iraq are not Germany & Japan. I keep hearing some use those comparisons but those comparisons just aren't valid. Germany & Japan were a united peoples working together to rebuild their nations. Afghanistan & Iraq are anything but united peoples. There are just too many ethnic & religious differences for those nations to be rebuilt successfully. They're just far too busy fighting with and killing each other to rebuild. Time to end these Nation-Building follies and bring em home right now.

Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan & Iraq? Yea or Nay?
and Germany, and Japan, and Korea, and Italy, and Australia, and Columbia, and Costa Rica, and Panama, and Bolivia, and Peru, and Great Britain, and Poland, and the Czech Republic, and Slovakia, and Hungary, and Ukraine, and Turkey, and ......

2012 will mark 10 years

Time to get out

While we are at it, lets get out of Europe and Korea too

Smith, Mark. Age 26 was killed in Afghanistan on the 26th of this month.

Vazquez, Frederik E. Age 20 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Mora, Conrad A. Age 24 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Lim, Daniel. Age 23 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Bauer, Joseph A. Age 27 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Hand, Andrew. Age 25 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Smith, Mark. Age 26 was killed in Afghanistan on the 26th of this month.

Vazquez, Frederik E. Age 20 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Mora, Conrad A. Age 24 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Lim, Daniel. Age 23 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Bauer, Joseph A. Age 27 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Hand, Andrew. Age 25 was killed in Afghanistan on the 24th of this month.

Good to see someone still cares. What happened to our MSM? Remember when they used to at least pretend they cared about our kids? Barely a peep out of them these days when our kids get killed. Was it all just about politics for them back when they used to pretend they cared? Was it all just about attacking Bush and helping their Democrats get the power back? Just not seeing the same attention being paid to our fallen heroes from the same MSM these days. It's very sad.

This President has stated that we will be out of Iraq & Afghanistan by next year. Will we really be out of those nations though? Is it time to get out of Afghanistan & Iraq? I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.

Accept it: When it comes to these kind of decisions, your vote and voice does not count.
It is a theoretical question you are asking. Only the US Army itself can help USA from this point on. By introducing US loyality-test to the Congress-Men.
Your system can not be changed otherwise.

Three more kids slaughtered over there today. My God,it's like this Administration and the country are living in denial. So damn sad.

"These are long term money makers.."

Slap a 100% "Death Tax" on ALL war PROFITS and see how fast ALL elected Republicans AND Democrats support the troops.

Bring all the troops home and send the bill to Wall Street.

This President has stated that we will be out of Iraq & Afghanistan by next year. Will we really be out of those nations though? Is it time to get out of Afghanistan & Iraq? I'm interested in hearing what you all think. Thanks.
I agree with us getting out. You?

Forum List

Back