Zone1 Time to accept Jane Fonda's apology? Maybe.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong, she promoted herself and hatred of her country in a purely selfish manner and caused immeasurable harm in the process.

Actually, the easiest thing for Fonda’s career would have been to do USO tours like Ann Margaret, do photo-ops with the troops and party with the Generals.

Instead, she criticized the US for its engagement in Vietnam, civilian casualties and extending a senseless war.

History has shown Jane Fonda was correct

The Vietnamese didn't need Jane Fonda doing a USO show to motivate them.

The fact that we were bombing their cities, prostituting their women, defoliating their forests, destroying their agricultural infrastructure, was motivation enough.

In fact, given the very good relationship between the Vietnamese and the US today, I'm kind of glad they don't hold a grudge. You know, like the Arabs.
The Vietnamese did indeed need motivation to continue the fight. They knew that if they did not fight their communist government would simply kill them. That one like you says otherwise exposes more about you than you know, coward and traitor.
I did plenty to support the troops when I was in. And frankly, back when I was in, I was pretty right wing. I really only became more left wing in the last 15 years or so when I realized that the GOP is just bending over the working class so the investor class can screw us.

Vietnam was a great example of that. The big corporations made a lot of money on a war THEIR kids didn't have to fight, while the DoD sent "Moron Brigades" (i.e. people who normally weren't smart enough to get into the service) over there to be slaughtered.
Sewing dissent is not supporting the troops.

And I doubt that you were ever rightwing, only a communist. Once again I remind you, you moron, that the majority of the troops sent to Vietnam were volunteers, putting t lie another of your moronic lies.

You just can't stand that anyone would fight for what you hate and despise. Yet the majority of us would fight against those like you even now if just to shut your lying mouths.

Of course it could be explained by your eleven year tenure. I suspect that you were either tossed out or did not have the courage to go a full twenty.

The Vietnamese did indeed need motivation to continue the fight. They knew that if they did not fight their communist government would simply kill them. That one like you says otherwise exposes more about you than you know, coward and traitor.

You see, this was ALWAYS our problem in Vietnam.

WE saw it as this titanic moral struggle between democracy/capitalism vs. Communism.
The Vietnamese saw it as a struggle against an imperial invader.

The history of Vietnam was always one of resisting invasion, whether it be from the Khmer, Siam, China, the Mongols, the French or the Japanese. We were just the latest in a line of unwanted guests.

Its a lesson we failed to learn 60 years earlier in the Philippines and one we failed to learn 50 years later in Afghanistan. People don't like it when you occupy their country.

Sewing dissent is not supporting the troops.

And I doubt that you were ever rightwing, only a communist. Once again I remind you, you moron, that the majority of the troops sent to Vietnam were volunteers, putting t lie another of your moronic lies.

Yes, you have too little of a mind to realize people can change theirs.. I get that. I doubt you've ever had a thought that you didn't hear on talk radio and Fox News.

You just can't stand that anyone would fight for what you hate and despise. Yet the majority of us would fight against those like you even now if just to shut your lying mouths.

Uh, let's get real. Vietnam was a draftee army. And most of those who "volunteered" only volunteered because it was common practice to offer military service to delinquents instead of prison. So the idea that you all "volunteered" to fight is kind of silly.

I on the other hand, signed up for the NG in 1981 and then elected to go active duty after college. Didn't have to, but chose to.

Of course it could be explained by your eleven year tenure. I suspect that you were either tossed out or did not have the courage to go a full twenty.
Naw, I just got fed up, because only six of those years counted towards any kind of meaningful retirement (the first five were as a reservist.) I hit a wall where i realized that if I even wanted to see E-7, I'd have to go back to another AIT to get a second MOS, then go to BNCOC because they lowered the standard to keep my E-6 rank, and then the ANCOC. I also was never a particularly good runner, and by 1992, my feet, shins and knees were kind of a mess. (They did surgery on my feet to make them better, and ended up making them worse).

So having already gotten everything I wanted out of the deal, I moved on to more lucrative and less dangerous work in the civilian world.

Uh, let's get real. Vietnam was a draftee army. And most of those who "volunteered" only volunteered because it was common practice to offer military service to delinquents instead of prison. So the idea that you all "volunteered" to fight is kind of silly.

Many “volunteered“ because they had low draft numbers and volunteering gave you more options on where you were assigned or your MOS

Many “volunteered“ because they had low draft numbers and volunteering gave you more options on where you were assigned or your MOS
Also true.

And let's make it clear. The Vietnam Vets got a raw deal compared to veterans of other wars. They didn't get the appreciation they did for their service, there were not good programs to help them readjust to civilian life compared to what WWII vets go.

But those complaints should go to the government, not Jane Fonda.

You see, this was ALWAYS our problem in Vietnam.

WE saw it as this titanic moral struggle between democracy/capitalism vs. Communism.
The Vietnamese saw it as a struggle against an imperial invader.

The history of Vietnam was always one of resisting invasion, whether it be from the Khmer, Siam, China, the Mongols, the French or the Japanese. We were just the latest in a line of unwanted guests.

Its a lesson we failed to learn 60 years earlier in the Philippines and one we failed to learn 50 years later in Afghanistan. People don't like it when you occupy their country.

Yes, you have too little of a mind to realize people can change theirs.. I get that. I doubt you've ever had a thought that you didn't hear on talk radio and Fox News.

I on the other hand, signed up for the NG in 1981 and then elected to go active duty after college. Didn't have to, but chose to.

Naw, I just got fed up, because only six of those years counted towards any kind of meaningful retirement (the first five were as a reservist.) I hit a wall where i realized that if I even wanted to see E-7, I'd have to go back to another AIT to get a second MOS, then go to BNCOC because they lowered the standard to keep my E-6 rank, and then the ANCOC. I also was never a particularly good runner, and by 1992, my feet, shins and knees were kind of a mess. (They did surgery on my feet to make them better, and ended up making them worse).

So having already gotten everything I wanted out of the deal, I moved on to more lucrative and less dangerous work in the civilian world.
General statement and reply to you: you are a liar and full of crap. I have wasted enough time on you and really don't care what yu claim as it tends to be a lie.

General statement and reply to you: you are a liar and full of crap. I have wasted enough time on you and really don't care what yu claim as it tends to be a lie.

Run Away……Run Away
Typical response when you get your ass handed to you

They never change. Leftists at their core are satanic genociders.

They almost immediately said they were kidding about the murder part.

The only "Murders" I've seen have been by the anti-choice weirdos, who have killed abortion providers over the last few decades.

Since 1977, there have been eight murders, 17 attempted murders, 42 bombings, and 186 arsons targeted at abortion clinics and providers across the United States. In some cases, a small group of clinics have been targeted multiple times.

They almost immediately said they were kidding about the murder part.

The only "Murders" I've seen have been by the anti-choice weirdos, who have killed abortion providers over the last few decades.

Since 1977, there have been eight murders, 17 attempted murders, 42 bombings, and 186 arsons targeted at abortion clinics and providers across the United States. In some cases, a small group of clinics have been targeted multiple times.
There are over 40 million abortions that we know of. Fonda will never pick up a weapon to use on someone else. Others will do it for her. She is a murderer and a traitor to those who served. People from Viet Nam who settled here know the current government over there. It is not fun and giggles.

There are over 40 million abortions that we know of. Fonda will never pick up a weapon to use on someone else. Others will do it for her. She is a murderer and a traitor to those who served. People from Viet Nam who settled here know the current government over there. It is not fun and giggles.
Does your doctor know you are off your medications.

Fetuses aren't people.

And you didn't address the point, the only people who are murdering people are the "Pro-Life" people, which is why abortion doctors have to drive to work wearing bullet proof vests.

Does your doctor know you are off your medications.

Fetuses aren't people.

And you didn't address the point, the only people who are murdering people are the "Pro-Life" people, which is why abortion doctors have to drive to work wearing bullet proof vests.
What is your definition of "people" or "a person?"

A viable human who can live outside the womb and is legally recognized with a birth certificate and identification.
And if you had been aborted as an embryo, how would you feel about that? Oh, that's right you wouldn't be here.

Proof that at least in one case abortion is appropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back