"Time Blindness".....Is it a real thing?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Time blindness is a cognitive condition that affects an individual's ability to perceive and manage time, leading to difficulties in punctuality and planning. It is not a formal medical diagnosis, but rather a term used to describe difficulties in accurately perceiving and managing time.

Individuals with typical neurology possess an internal "clock" that generally gauges how much time has passed. However, some individuals, such as those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), lack this natural time-keeping sense.

Symptoms of time blindness include poor time estimation, chronic lateness, procrastination, missed deadlines, difficulty with transitions, feeling time is moving too quickly, difficulty planning ahead, and impulsivity.

Time blindness is often associated with conditions such as ADHD and autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Awareness, strategies, and, in some cases, medication can help lessen its effects and enhance time management skills.

I must have been living under a rock....Never heard tell of such a thing other than Colored People's Time (CPT).

Blah.....I think they just took a bunch of time-related issues and gave them a label that the slackers can use.

Maybe it has something to do with this:

f5474ebd-be37-4920-897e-c6267ef91d17_png-3026220.JPG

There's no clock out there in the universe.

They exist in a world where man sees himself as central to everything and to just keep his crap in order.

Rat in a cage type stuff.

This is actually a very, very deep discussion, believe it or not. Cosmic/consciousness type stuff.

Last edited:
But anyway. To the topic, in as far as it's offered up here for consumption, yeah, the new generation often can't even read an analogue clock these days.

I know 8 hours of work last longer than the 48 hours of the weekend

I have a kid working for me who can’t read an analog clock, he isn’t going to last long if ha can’t figure out when his shift is supposed to start.

Those interested in Woo tell you that Time is only a consequence in the Materium ( here ) and does not exist in Hyper Space or Universe .
But consciousness apparently does exist in both Hyper Space and Universe .Perhaps of a different sort .

This results in the apparent logical impossibility of being conscious but time unrelated .
Which I do not understand .

However , as Quantum theory predicts 10 dimensions compared to the four we live in , there is room for these anomalies to be easily accounted for .
BUT beyond our comprehension .Or , certainly mine . For the moment .

Time blindness is a cognitive condition that affects an individual's ability to perceive and manage time, leading to difficulties in punctuality and planning. It is not a formal medical diagnosis, but rather a term used to describe difficulties in accurately perceiving and managing time.

Individuals with typical neurology possess an internal "clock" that generally gauges how much time has passed. However, some individuals, such as those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), lack this natural time-keeping sense.

Symptoms of time blindness include poor time estimation, chronic lateness, procrastination, missed deadlines, difficulty with transitions, feeling time is moving too quickly, difficulty planning ahead, and impulsivity.

Time blindness is often associated with conditions such as ADHD and autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Awareness, strategies, and, in some cases, medication can help lessen its effects and enhance time management skills.

I must have been living under a rock....Never heard tell of such a thing other than Colored People's Time (CPT).

Blah.....I think they just took a bunch of time-related issues and gave them a label that the slackers can use.

I just want to know: Are you saying there can't be a person wholly and consciously causing difficulties in accurately perceiving and managing time. Cause anyone who has ever taught in school knows that most students are wholly responsible at some point for starting on that path.

I had a secretary that was chronically late. I finally told her if she was late once more, don't bother coming in at all. The next day she was on time in nightgown and slippers. She thought I would send her home. Nope. She had to work the whole day. We had depositions all day. She had to serve the coffee and pastries in nighty.

But anyway. To the topic, in as far as it's offered up here for consumption, yeah, the new generation often can't even read an analogue clock these days.
Because nobody needs to do that anymore.

They also don't know how to control horse-driven carriages, or how to use a cotton gin.

I know 8 hours of work last longer than the 48 hours of the weekend

I have a kid working for me who can’t read an analog clock, he isn’t going to last long if ha can’t figure out when his shift is supposed to start.
Can he also not read a sun dial? Oh no!

Time blindness? Then set the fucking alarm on your phones. Problem solved. "Oh I have time blindness so I can't get to work on time" set an alarm. If you can't remember when to do something then the cure is an alarm. There is no excuse for time blindness.

Time blindness is a term coined by the younger generation that are lazy, weak, irresponsible, stupid and self centered.

They spend so much time and energy are coming up with ways to figure out how to not be responsible for anything that it would actually be easier to just be responsible. They make it a full time to find ways to do less and be less responsible for their own lives.

And for some reason younger people now need to "have a condition" for every god damn little thing they can come up with.

Forum List

Back