Tiger wins the Tour Championship for victory #80!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
16 months ago, Police officers stopped Tiger Woods who was so doped up on painkillers, they had to wake him up. I thought he was done. Today he beat the best golfers in the world in the Tour Championship and is 2nd in the FedEx Cup. He gets my vote as comeback athlete of the decade.

I watched every minute of the tour championship with a great deal of interest. I listened to the endless commentary over how he had overcome his physical handicaps.

What I did not hear was how much he had done to overcome his mental handicaps.

As someone who was once a scratch golfer, I can tell you that the most important distance in golf is the one between your ears.

The difference between Tiger and Rory is a perfect example.

Rory is one of the finest golfers in the game. He has been a big-time winner. But, what I saw yesterday was someone who simply was not mentally able to win. Not just that he frequently missed fairways and greens, but what he did when that happened.

On the other hand, when Tiger missed a shot, he didn’t get upset but simply searched for the best way to make the most of it.

He showed the outlook of a winner.

Was yesterday’s win a fluke?

I don’t think so. I can see him winning at least one more major – maybe even two.

Another huge win was the outpouring of love and support from the massive crowd. I’m sure NBC had record ratings. Thousands who weren’t even golfers showed up and tuned in to see if he could pull out the win.

And Tiger clearly appreciates their support.

It was fun to watch and I think there will be similar events in the future.

He refused to throw President Trump under the bus, showed respect for the Presidents Office and literally a week or two later he wins his first tournament since 2013.

Always walk your own path and do what you believe is right. It frees the soul and gives you the lift you need to fight through against all odds!

The fact is, I don't care for golf and I don't care if Woods never won another, but I do like those who fight through adversity. I love the underdog, who doesn't?

Last edited:
I watched every minute of the tour championship with a great deal of interest. I listened to the endless commentary over how he had overcome his physical handicaps.

What I did not hear was how much he had done to overcome his mental handicaps.

As someone who was once a scratch golfer, I can tell you that the most important distance in golf is the one between your ears.

The difference between Tiger and Rory is a perfect example.

Rory is one of the finest golfers in the game. He has been a big-time winner. But, what I saw yesterday was someone who simply was not mentally able to win. Not just that he frequently missed fairways and greens, but what he did when that happened.

On the other hand, when Tiger missed a shot, he didn’t get upset but simply searched for the best way to make the most of it.

He showed the outlook of a winner.

Was yesterday’s win a fluke?

I don’t think so. I can see him winning at least one more major – maybe even two.

Another huge win was the outpouring of love and support from the massive crowd. I’m sure NBC had record ratings. Thousands who weren’t even golfers showed up and tuned in to see if he could pull out the win.

And Tiger clearly appreciates their support.

It was fun to watch and I think there will be similar events in the future.
Scratch, huh? Knew there was something I didn’t like about you.

I kind of fell off the Tiger bandwagon after his philandering came to light several years ago now, but I admire and respect what he’s had to go through physically just to get himself into the shape it takes to be able to compete agains the best in the world. So kudos to him for getting another tournament win and good luck down the road.

I was never a Tiger fan mostly due to his lack of judgment, and issues in his personal life. Also, I never liked his attitude both on and off the course. However, he has come back from both personal turmoil, and physical ailments, so I do admire him for that.

16 months ago, Police officers stopped Tiger Woods who was so doped up on painkillers, they had to wake him up. I thought he was done. Today he beat the best golfers in the world in the Tour Championship and is 2nd in the FedEx Cup. He gets my vote as comeback athlete of the decade.
After watching Tiger struggle to even hit the ball, I thought he was done

While no longer the Tiger of old, he can still put together a few dominant rounds

I'm not sure this is a "feel good" story. One look at Tiger's compound forever erases the concept of his being "down."

But from a golf and athletics standpoint, fucking Wow!

Never before has someone so old come back so emphatically. He is truly unique; and the other top level golfers know it, and quake in his shadow.

I'm not sure this is a "feel good" story. One look at Tiger's compound forever erases the concept of his being "down."

Never before has someone so old come back so emphatically. He is truly unique; and the other top level golfers know it, and quake in his shadow.

Tiger is a millionaire several times over and it appears his financial advisors helped him through the 5-year drought. He's already made $3+ mil so far this year and I am certain he will get back a lot of endorsements after this win.

And, don't forget, he still puts a lot of his money into charities for youths.

I also have a gut feeling that he still might win another major or two.

His $20 Million yacht is named "PRIVACY". He really doesn't like, nor respect his adoring fans, nor the general public. Except for his back problems he did bring ALL his other issues on himself by doing the things he did, and also drinking, and taking drugs, getting DUI's, etc. He made his own problems.

New Topics

Forum List

Back