Three-year-old shoots and kills baby sister in California

I'll halfway agree with you. The main cause of killings and murders are people who act in such a way as to take the life of another person.

But..................you gotta admit, guns make it much easier to take a life than other methods.
cars make it pretty easy to,,

thankfully its not guns that kill people,, cause its people that kill people,,

need to deal with the real problem,,

So you think we should start locking up toddlers?
Because daddy left his gun laying around, and they played "shoot the sheriff"

Yet the republican position is the complete opposite.

2nd amendment (more guns), and a ban on abortion (more kids).
The two are unrelated, though total hands off all guns is just voting in favor of post birth abortion to the Darwin Award crowd.

The police would still have to arrive with their AR's out, at least until they identify the shooter.l

Obviously no need for the father or the mother to turn to vigilante justice this time.

How sad that this sort of incident only causes the pro-gunners to up the anti with calls for more guns.

When in fact neither more or less guns is going to make a lick of difference.
A natural reaction of freedom loving people to the calls for mass punishment of all gun owners every time such an incident happens.

finally you get something right,,,

what they dies from is irrelevant,, its who killed them and why thats the problem,,
The right’s knee-jerk reaction to acts of gun crime and violence is to start lying about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscation.’

In addition to the lies we see reprehensible efforts by conservatives to ‘justify’ doing nothing about guns killing children – that children dying the result of guns is ‘no different’ than children dying by other means.

So you think we should start locking up toddlers?
Because daddy left his gun laying around, and they played "shoot the sheriff"
I remember when toddlers wore dog leashes to keep them out of trouble. You can still buy them on Amazon.

These events seem to be happening more and more. And yet nothing ever gets done. There doesnt even appear to be punishment for the parents
You’re absolutely right. All sensible gun owners should get rid of their children. The guns are a far better investment than the kids could ever be.

If you cannot control the weapons in your home, you are too irresponsible to have weapons or children. Jail time, added to their grief, is appropriate, to drive the message home to them and send a message to others.
Jail time is step 2.
Step 1 is eliminating the need for jail time.

You're somebody who can be reasoned with White. There are very few others who are, when it's the guns issue.

The right’s knee-jerk reaction to acts of gun crime and violence is to start lying about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscation.’

In addition to the lies we see reprehensible efforts by conservatives to ‘justify’ doing nothing about guns killing children – that children dying the result of guns is ‘no different’ than children dying by other means.
your premise is a lie,,,

dems have for decades tried to get a total ban on fire arms,,

Yet another thread where gun grabbers go into hysterics over a cherry-picked shooting incident. I think parents ought to be charged in a case like this for malfeasance. But to suggest that taking my gun away from me, who lives all the way across the country, is somehow going to prevent little baby Tawanna from being struck by a bullet when she stumbles upon her step-daddy's Glawk Fotty is nothing short of insanity.
You just ooze empathy dont you ?

Jail time is step 2.
Step 1 is eliminating the need for jail time.

You're somebody who can be reasoned with White. There are very few others who are, when it's the guns issue.
I have plenty of weapons and have always had several. I am totally responsible for and with mine, just as I was totally responsible for and with my children before they became adults, on their own.

Reading between the lines I think you are an anti-gunner, thus you are disqualified from this discussion. ;)
Conservatives are fundamentally cowards; they resort to red herring fallacies in a dishonest attempt to deflect from the fact that they have no valid response to the issue being addressed.

In this case the right’s reprehensible position that because children die from other means we should simply accept that children will inevitably die from guns and do nothing about it.

This response is the result of conservatives’ unwarranted, wrongheaded, baseless fear that guns will be ‘banned’ or ‘confiscated,’ while children continue to die.

Forum List

Back