Three-year-old shoots and kills baby sister in California

But all it takes if for a handful of bad parents to ruin it for the rest of us.
Sometimes, I think the manu hands full of bad parents is what is involved with all the ills we face, not just with guns. Ignorance starts and is often completed in the home, and some people never recover from their bad parenting, while a few are actually terminated as a result of it.

Exactly. Children are a massive expense and liability with little to no return.
Children are your lines genetic ticket to participate in the future. Dying childless is tantamount to being a trilobite. A biological dead end, and a waste of all the effort that came before...

The solution is everything gun owners hate.
Like gun safes
Trigger locks
Leaving the guns empty

Their position is any gun that's not available for immediate use, is worthless.
True. It's better for me that an intruder first hear the muzzle blast of my gun than the sound of me sliding a magazine in and racking a round into the chamber.

This past week a two year old shot and killed his pregnant mother.
If you're referring to Tammies post earlier this week... He dredged that one up from months ago. (Slim pickins I suppose) And we discussed it back when it actually happened.

I have plenty of weapons and have always had several. I am totally responsible for and with mine, just as I was totally responsible for and with my children before they became adults, on their own.
I would believe that of you.

There's a societal breakdown in progress and this is just one of the hot button issues. Abortion is one of the reactions to it.
But both are unnecessary.
I'm here to talk about it if anybody is concerned.

If you're referring to Tammies post earlier this week... He dredged that one up from months ago. (Slim pickins I suppose) And we discussed it back when it actually happened.
Thanks.

I lost a family member to a firearms accident. I'm not opposed to guns per se, but we need to do a whole lot better. This isn't the rural South in 1950 when every kid had a gun and went hunting after school.

The world has moved on. The population is bigger and more dense.

The incident was reported at 7.30am local time on Monday when the San Diego County Sheriff's Department received a call about a shooting at a home in Fallbrook, about 56 miles north of San Diego.

They said that deputies arrived and confirmed a toddler had managed to get hold of an "unsecured handgun" and the one-year-old had sustained a head injury.

These events seem to be happening more and more. And yet nothing ever gets done. There doesnt even appear to be punishment for the parents. It appears to be an acceptable risk in the fight to retain guns.

I wonder if this type of incident is what the founders envisaged ?

Your sick in the fucking head

Lefties rant about the 2nd Amendment but they offer no solution except rewriting the Constitution and passing more useless laws.
They should give the Constitution to Xi Jinping. When he's through rewriting the Bible, he can start on the Constitution.

True. It's better for me that an intruder first hear the muzzle blast of my gun than the sound of me sliding a magazine in and racking a round into the chamber.
You've had intruders?

My 80 year old grandmother fired birdshot at a man cutting through her porch screens 40 years ago.

Sometimes, I think the manu hands full of bad parents is what is involved with all the ills we face, not just with guns. Ignorance starts and is often completed in the home, and some people never recover from their bad parenting, while a few are actually terminated as a result of it.

We need child-proof trigger locks for parents with young children. Just like those child-proof bleach bottles, or prescription drug containers.

Thanks.

I lost a family member to a firearms accident. I'm not opposed to guns per se, but we need to do a whole lot better. This isn't the rural South in 1950 when every kid had a gun and went hunting after school.

The world has moved on. The population is bigger and more dense.
We did that up here in the north as well, in the 1950's.. Some kept their guns in their school locker before hitting the woods. We also took them on the city buses with us, cased of course. No one ever got shot in the hunting activity. Every kid I knew had a .22 in his bedroom closet, along with a BB gun. My dad wouldn't allow us to have guns so I had to borrow from my friends. I did finally buy one when I was 16, and my dad was finally ok with it because he knew I would handle it safely.

In the fall some of those kids had game meat in their school lunch bags; rabbit and pheasant meat mainly. Hunting and fishing were so popular that our "Field and Stream Club" meetings had to be held in the auditorium.

Last edited:
Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020. Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Wonder database.Mar 29, 2023

Not even close.

All deaths, at all ages, from all causes having anything to do with guns, generously estimated at about thirty to forty thousand per year.

More children die every month month from abortion.

Forum List

Back