Three-year-old shoots and kills baby sister in California

Just did a search for detailed case-by-case information on children's gun deaths. Found nothing.

Jail time is step 2.
Step 1 is eliminating the need for jail time.

You're somebody who can be reasoned with White. There are very few others who are, when it's the guns issue.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Except when it comes to guns.

Think about it.

I have plenty of weapons and have always had several. I am totally responsible for and with mine, just as I was totally responsible for and with my children before they became adults, on their own.
But all it takes if for a handful of bad parents to ruin it for the rest of us.

The incident was reported at 7.30am local time on Monday when the San Diego County Sheriff's Department received a call about a shooting at a home in Fallbrook, about 56 miles north of San Diego.

They said that deputies arrived and confirmed a toddler had managed to get hold of an "unsecured handgun" and the one-year-old had sustained a head injury.

These events seem to be happening more and more. And yet nothing ever gets done. There doesnt even appear to be punishment for the parents. It appears to be an acceptable risk in the fight to retain guns.

I wonder if this type of incident is what the founders envisaged ?
We Americans settled the gun control debate with you snaggle toothed Brits 250ish years ago. Twice in fact...

Conservatives are fundamentally cowards; they resort to red herring fallacies in a dishonest attempt to deflect from the fact that they have no valid response to the issue being addressed.

In this case the right’s reprehensible position that because children die from other means we should simply accept that children will inevitably die from guns and do nothing about it.

This response is the result of conservatives’ unwarranted, wrongheaded, baseless fear that guns will be ‘banned’ or ‘confiscated,’ while children continue to die.
I'm just addressing the usual hysteria over the event.

The incident was reported at 7.30am local time on Monday when the San Diego County Sheriff's Department received a call about a shooting at a home in Fallbrook, about 56 miles north of San Diego.

They said that deputies arrived and confirmed a toddler had managed to get hold of an "unsecured handgun" and the one-year-old had sustained a head injury.

These events seem to be happening more and more. And yet nothing ever gets done. There doesnt even appear to be punishment for the parents. It appears to be an acceptable risk in the fight to retain guns.

I wonder if this type of incident is what the founders envisaged ?
My Father grew up with firearms, I did and my children as well none of the many dozens of guns we have own has ever killed or injured a family member. This is the norm were I come from.

You loons cheery picking incidents that amount to bad parenting in an attempt to shame people into giving up a Constitutional right is disgusting. Of course I'm not shocked your one of those given the British never had a right to bear arms. Thankfully 240 years ago the people of my country told yours to get fucked. I'll just renew that sentiment in case you have forgot.

Then what is your genius proposal to prevent such incident?
The solution is everything gun owners hate.
Like gun safes
Trigger locks
Leaving the guns empty

Their position is any gun that's not available for immediate use, is worthless.

My Father grew up with firearms, I did and my children as well none of the many dozens of guns we have own has ever killed or injured a family member. This is the norm were I come from.

You loons cheery picking incidents that amount to bad parenting in an attempt to shame people into giving up a Constitutional right is disgusting. Of course I'm not shocked your one of those given the British never had a right to bear arms. Thankfully 240 years ago the people of my country told yours to get fucked. I'll just renew that sentiment in case you have forgot.
Hear! Hear!!!

The solution is everything gun owners hate.
Like gun safes
Trigger locks
Leaving the guns empty

Their position is any gun that's not available for immediate use, is worthless.
not any gun,, just the one you want to use to defend yourself,,

Forum List

Back