This nonsense is about to stop...

The arrests were peaceful with no injuries and a search of the camp turned up no drugs or weapons. Even so, they still managed to fire off some rubber bullets..... I guess it's like 'if we don't get to pop a couple, it's a lost morning'.

Link, please.

Think how much money we could save if we didn't have police. We could just assign some dumb assed liberal to be a hall monitor..

Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.
TankMan - Tiananmen Square Protests (with John Lennon) - YouTube

You can be angry about any goddamned thing you want. What you CAN'T do is camp overnight in public parks because you're angry. You can't deny use of those parks to the REST of the public by your desire to build a tent city. You can't create a public health hazard with your lack of sanitation. You can't deny businesses in the area the ability to operate. You can't harass little children on the way to school.

Protest any goddamned thing you want, but DON'T think that your right to protest supercedes MY right to live my life peaceably. The sun does not rise and set in your asshole, the universe does not revolve around you and your pissy little grievances, and the sooner you and all those spoiled children in big, dirty, adult bodies out on Wall Street learn that, the better off the whole country will be.

Police Arrest More Than 200 in Raid of 'Occupy L.A.' Camp

Los Angeles police said more than 200 people were arrested during a raid of the Occupy Los Angeles encampment early Wednesday.

Early Wednesday some 30 Metro buses carrying between 40 and 45 officers drove from Dodger Stadium to the LAPD's staging site downtown. Supervising officers briefed the officers on the eviction at Dodger Stadium, with one telling a group of officers they needed to be prepared for some protesters to fight back.

"They've got a bunch of concrete gravel and other (things) they're going to throw at us," the supervisor said. "Please put your face masks down and watch each other's back."
LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman said police were also prepared to remove protesters who had climbed into trees.

Officers began the raid on the camp two days after a deadline passed for protesters to clear out.

Read more: Police Arrest More Than 200 In Raid Of 'Occupy L.A.' Camp | Fox News

It's about time the cities are finally following that law and holding these people to the rules of assembly. Enough of partisan politics onpart of city officials.

Now let's see some healthy fines.

This is how tyrannical nations begin. How long untill we start sending these people to prison?? Will we label them as political prisoners so we can get around civil liberties and hold them indefinitely?

That is the only way you will get them to stop, is to put them in jail. They have no future and they know it. They have nothing to lose.

Tyrannical? It's TYRANNICAL now to expect people to not live in the public parks, so the entire public can use them? It's TYRANNICAL to expect people to observe basic health and sanitation laws so that they don't start a public health epidemic?

I suppose the answer to your question of "how long will it take before they're in prison" is "However long it takes them to violate the laws that seriously." And then we'll hear ignorant jackwads like YOU telling is it's TYRANNICAL to enforce the law.

If you really think these ineffective jizzwads are this determined, focused "movement", you're more delusional than I thought you were. They'll stop as soon as they don't have cameras on them and a tent city provisioned by idiots like you to support them.

Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.
TankMan - Tiananmen Square Protests (with John Lennon) - YouTube

Steelplate, listen to this again, please. Dissent is fine in America by both sides of an agenda. But both have to play by the rules, not just OUR side.

Arrest comes when you don't follow the laws.

And if both sides would be more objective, more cohesive this country would be. Let's not use our freedoms to lose our freedoms.

Both sides being objective? That's a laugh. anytime someone does not agree with your side, you label them Communists, Marxists and the like.

You defend to the hilt the Corporate greed that is causing our economic woes and the "conservative policies" that got us in this pickle. I openly criticize Dems failings... Clinton was wrong with NAFTA(which was a GOP bill, BTW), Obama is wrong with this Newest Free Trade Agreement(South Korea)... these types of deals hurt the American Worker that has already been decimated by outsourcing and "bottom line-ing) by huge American Corporations who only care about their bonuses and profiteering. Furthermore, I am for welfare reform and am pro 2nd Amendment.

While I agree that there are Progressives that tow the party line on every issue, the majority of us are very much free thinkers. Judging this forum... Conservatives are towing the same party line and applauding the policies that have our country a shadow of it's former self and have the rest of the globe slowly turning against us. The policy of "it's my way or the highway".

Sorry.... I choose neither your way OR the highway. I prefer an America that realizes that they are not the only country that matters in the area of foreign policy, and that our workers don't matter in the area of domestic policy. When over 50% of our population can't (or barely can) afford to live in their own country. I happen to feel our country is better than that.

BTW... the guy with the tanks in China? Executed... fuckin' criminal

You're right SP. Both sides will never be objective.

It's clear only one side even attempts it: The conservatives.

Oh and when we label people communists and marxists. It's because they are communists and marxists. Correctly identifying the politics of others is what objective people do.

Oh and when we label people communists and marxists. It's because they are communists and marxists. Correctly identifying the politics of others is what objective people do.

Wow... thanks for proving my point. Ok... if that's the way you want to play... Fascist jackbooted goose stepper.

Wow... thanks for proving my point. Ok... if that's the way you want to play... Fascist jackbooted goose stepper.

Call me what you want. Labels that are lies don't really bother me. Why should they? They expose your ignorance, not my policies.

No, it's truthful labels that hurt.

And if you were being objective youd realize that anyone advocating for small government cannot be fascist, because fascism is by definition a totalitarian government.

Thank you for proving my point.

Call me what you want. Labels that are lies don't really bother me. Why should they? They expose your ignorance, not my policies.

No, it's truthful labels that hurt.

And if you were being objective youd realize that anyone advocating for small government cannot be fascist, because fascism is by definition a totalitarian government.

Thank you for proving my point.

Yeah... you want smaller federal government and pass that power onto the states....until the states get too powerful... then you'll want the states to pass their power onto the localities... hey.. let's just go to a feudal system... where warlords and wealthy landowners control everything? Oh... wait....

I enjoy watching the 'law and order' folks complain about the protestors while turning a blind eye to Wall Street and corporations.

What happens when Wall Street breaks the law? Not much - CNN.com

The Times found 51 cases over the past 15 years in which 19 Wall Street firms broke anti-fraud laws they had promised not to break. These firms include Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America. When faced with these multiple violations, the SEC simply reaches another settlement and extracts another promise, rather than bring a contempt charge in court.

Maybe you should change the target of your angst?

There's nothing left to this "movement" but the mentally ill, homeless people, drug pushers, junkies and assorted kinds of prostitutes. It's human trash. If they weren't in these "encampments" they'd be on the streets anyway scattered about. Garbage is garbage, and it's time to clean it up. There isn't anything "political" left about these OWS camps.

There's nothing left to this "movement" but the mentally ill, homeless people, drug pushers, junkies and assorted kinds of prostitutes. It's human trash. If they weren't in these "encampments" they'd be on the streets anyway scattered about. Garbage is garbage, and it's time to clean it up. There isn't anything "political" left about these OWS camps.

LOL.

Boy, do you have an unpleasant surprise coming.

I'll give you a hint to maybe help soften the blow. There is very little of Occupy left in the camps at this point. The movement is shifting tactics. When it emerges again, which it will next month, it will take most of you by surprise.

Forum List

Back