This nonsense is about to stop...

yeah to hell with the people , up with the police state.

man we are recovering and you want them beat out of the public square

No, just following the rules of assembly by getting permits like the Tea Party does and stop usurping the resources of the general public. Why shouldn;t they follow the rules? What makes them "outside of the law?"

Tea party activists audited by city of Richmond Va. Would that happen to Occupy protesters?

For tea party groups, the audit by Richmond, Va., highlights long-running complaints of a double standard in the treatment of activists. The audit also puts a spotlight on free-speech regulations.

Christian Science Monitor Nov 29, 2011
Tea party activists in Richmond, Va., watched as liberal Occupy Wall Street protesters paid nothing to use the same park that conservatives paid $8,500 to use for three of its "tax day" rallies. So the tea partyers pushed the issue by demanding a full refund of their fees.

Instead of a check, the Richmond Tea Party received a letter from the city saying it may have failed to pay taxes on ticket and food sales – and it should immediately prepare for an audit.

The city denies allegations that the audit warning was some kind of political retaliation or harassment. But for tea party groups, the city missive highlights long-running complaints of a double standard in the treatment of tea party activists.

But when the leaders of the local TPM try, at public meetings to ask the Richmond Mayor, he ducks out and won't take their questions about it.

1129-tea-party-richmond_full_380.jpg

So the Teabaggers were charging people to attend their rallies.

No, just following the rules of assembly by getting permits like the Tea Party does and stop usurping the resources of the general public. Why shouldn;t they follow the rules? What makes them "outside of the law?"

Tea party activists audited by city of Richmond Va. Would that happen to Occupy protesters?

For tea party groups, the audit by Richmond, Va., highlights long-running complaints of a double standard in the treatment of activists. The audit also puts a spotlight on free-speech regulations.

Tea party activists in Richmond, Va., watched as liberal Occupy Wall Street protesters paid nothing to use the same park that conservatives paid $8,500 to use for three of its "tax day" rallies. So the tea partyers pushed the issue by demanding a full refund of their fees.

Instead of a check, the Richmond Tea Party received a letter from the city saying it may have failed to pay taxes on ticket and food sales – and it should immediately prepare for an audit.

The city denies allegations that the audit warning was some kind of political retaliation or harassment. But for tea party groups, the city missive highlights long-running complaints of a double standard in the treatment of tea party activists.

But when the leaders of the local TPM try, at public meetings to ask the Richmond Mayor, he ducks out and won't take their questions about it.

So the Teabaggers were charging people to attend their rallies.

I was not aware of that. Where's the link?

Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.
TankMan - Tiananmen Square Protests (with John Lennon) - YouTube

Yeah the Bill of Rights is a bitch - which OWS continually violates.

You're not the victim assclown - you're the criminal..

If you want a hippie commune then create your own state fagot fuck..

The Tenth Amendment is awesome no?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
There's nothing left to this "movement" but the mentally ill, homeless people, drug pushers, junkies and assorted kinds of prostitutes. It's human trash. If they weren't in these "encampments" they'd be on the streets anyway scattered about. Garbage is garbage, and it's time to clean it up. There isn't anything "political" left about these OWS camps.

Otherwise known as the poor and disaffected.

Wow, imagine that.... the exact same people that your side has made the most disenfranchised in this country... but those are the ones your side would rather line up against the wall and mow down with .50 caliber machine guns. after all, garbage is garbage, right? Or maybe just taze them and waterboard them.

Fuck you elitist scumbag.

OH YEAH... THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT... IDIOT...
hahaha-024.gif

If you weren't such an retarded hack, you might be relevant. As it is, you're a fucking troll.

But when the leaders of the local TPM try, at public meetings, to ask the Richmond Mayor, he ducks out and won't take their questions about it.

Audit away, we will find what most people already know, TP rallies were organized by lobbyists with deep pockets and the OWS was truly an organic thing with no clear leaders to send a bill to, seriously, who would you contact in the OWS to send a bill to?

Tep party events are organized and paid for by people just like me; I've given, and so do others I know. We don't need any deep pockets, it's from the pockets of folks just like the bearded guy in the picture above, that funding comes.

LOL people who gave money to the tea party are the biggest fools, the lobbyists would have picked up the entire tab in return for your vote.

Audit away, we will find what most people already know, TP rallies were organized by lobbyists with deep pockets and the OWS was truly an organic thing with no clear leaders to send a bill to, seriously, who would you contact in the OWS to send a bill to?

Tea party events are organized and paid for by people just like me; I've given, and so do others I know. We don't need any deep pockets, it's from the pockets of folks just like the bearded guy in the picture above, that funding comes.

LOL people who gave money to the tea party are the biggest fools, the lobbyists would have picked up the entire tab in return for your vote.

I realize you have to believe that to feel good about your party's future, and it's how your own party gets its funding: from big donors, never from the grassroots. It's just projection on your part, because that's the way your side does it.
And who would that lobbyist be . . . the Koch brothers?

Last edited:
Don't you guys know? Only anger about taxes and deficits are allowed in this country. Only anger about abortion and gays? Only anger about fictitious Mosques on Ground Zero(two blocks away does not equal ground zero, nor does a community center equal a mosque)?

Only the Conservative agenda is worthy of protestation, and that protestation can only be on a Saturday with FOX News covering the whole thing and must be the equivalent of a Tent Revival.

In short... true dissent has gone by the wayside. Courage under fear of arrest and detention is now cowardice.

Yeah the Bill of Rights is a bitch - which OWS continually violates.

You're not the victim assclown - you're the criminal..

If you want a hippie commune then create your own state fagot fuck..

The Tenth Amendment is awesome no?[/QUOTE

I'm the criminal? Nawww... the Wall Street fatcats are the criminals, the Corporate structure are the criminals, the politicians from BOTH sides that pander to them are accessories. Blame no one but your own Conservative Agenda for the rise of unrest. Truthfully, the only reason most of you "conservatives" out there aren't on the streets too is that you choose to believe that it isn't happening... kind of like the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys.

You are against ANYTHING that stands in the way of Corporate America and their agenda.

Let me ask you something, are you religious? If not... disregard. If so, ponder this....

Who has the power and resources to set up that feared "one world" government that Christians(myself included) are fearful of? Certainly not world governments...they can't agree on anything. No, the only entities that can wield that sort of power and influence are well financed Corporations and the banking sector.

IMO, your side is dancing with the devil and the Conservative Christians out there are too ignorant and brainwashed to realize it.

To end, I'll say the same to you. If you want a country that destroys it's working class to prop up billionaires... go make your own country. "We the people" should determine the fate of our country...not the highest bidder.

Tep party events are organized and paid for by people just like me; I've given, and so do others I know. We don't need any deep pockets, it's from the pockets of folks just like the bearded guy in the picture above, that funding comes.

I don't believe the tea party works that way.

yeah to hell with the people , up with the police state.

man we are recovering and you want them beat out of the public square

What is wrong with you? You really have no idea how law and order works in this country.
Shame, the police must do the bidding of the oligarchies.
You have money, you have rights and ways to aviod punishment.
You have no money tough.

There's nothing left to this "movement" but the mentally ill, homeless people, drug pushers, junkies and assorted kinds of prostitutes. It's human trash. If they weren't in these "encampments" they'd be on the streets anyway scattered about. Garbage is garbage, and it's time to clean it up. There isn't anything "political" left about these OWS camps.

Otherwise known as the poor and disaffected.

Wow, imagine that.... the exact same people that your side has made the most disenfranchised in this country... but those are the ones your side would rather line up against the wall and mow down with .50 caliber machine guns. after all, garbage is garbage, right? Or maybe just taze them and waterboard them.

Fuck you elitist scumbag.

OH YEAH... THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT... IDIOT...
hahaha-024.gif

If you weren't such an retarded hack, you might be relevant. As it is, you're a fucking troll.

Oh... I know that's who you meant... You meant them, the working poor and all of those that your side doesn't even care about. Besides... I know when I am getting somewhere when the derogatory names come out... elitist.

I realize you have to believe that to feel good about your party's future, and it's how your own party gets its funding: from big donors, never from the grassroots. It's just projection your part, because that's the way your side does it.
And who would that lobbiest be...the Koch brothers?

I do not believe any party serves the best interests of America. Just because I have a big problem with your neofascist teaparty does not mean I have a "side", I am on the side of America, parties be damned.

Well your irrational dislike for parties, if put into practice, would be incoherrent in America. Parties function to create great coalitions in representative republics like ours, and when they gridlock like right now, it's because the voters are being denied information by their media that they can process, and those who are at fault for our present "crisis" are not being held responsible.

But groups like the TPM are working behind the scenes to fill that vital need.

Last edited:
OK, I'll bite...what are the stated goals of this movement? What do they want to achieve?

Money out of politics. Democracy, not plutocracy. That's the sine qua non.

Other than that, reversal of the government policies that have resulted in the stagnation of most people's incomes and decline of living standards over the past 30 years, with all of the gains going to the richest people. This should follow from getting the money out of politics, though.

Of course, this has been stated before many times ("what do they want" was always a deceptive bit of propaganda), so if you really don't know what the movement wants to achieve, I doubt you'll understand what I'm saying here, either.[/QUOTE]

Is this how you respond to a reasonable question? I'm sure that insulting someone asking a valid and reasonable question is really going to win them over.

In reality, some of your stated goals are the same as those sought by the T.E.A. Party people, i.e. Money out of politics, government out of business, decreasing or even eliminating government regulation that is strangling the basis of production and subsequent jobs creation in this country. But these are your goals, apparently not the goals of everyone involved in the Occupiers' movement.
There is a schism in how both of these groups, T.E.A. and OWS, would bring about the changes we agree need to be made. Occupying Wall Street is only one small move to effect change. Some of the other elements involved in the corruption are the government officials and big-business, union cronyism, and any other big-money outfit that has been able to buy the best government they can afford. It isn't just the "rich 1%". With elections coming up, one of the best signals we can give to our so-called representatives is to vote every single incumbent out of office. A few good people may be sacrificed, but how much clearer could the People be? Screw us and you're outta there!
The second thing we can do is to start voting with our pocketbook. We saw that happen when the BofA customers started pulling their funds and putting them into smaller, local credit unions. You may have sacrifice a few of your favorite things to do this, but in the long run, things will get better for all of us. If a company follows policies you do not agree with, find an alternative and buy those goods or use those services.

Just a few thoughts...So, what are your suggestions to change things?

Well your irrational dislike for parties, if put into practice, would be incoherrent in America. Parties function to create great coalitions in representative republics like ours, and when they gridlock like right now, it's because the voters are being denied information by their media that they can process.

Glad you think so, I see the TP as a last ditch effort for the financial industry to keep a stranglehold on our government. They pretend to be a populist movement but their agenda is entirely corporate with a little social conservatism to keep the churches on board.

You can be angry about any goddamned thing you want. What you CAN'T do is camp overnight in public parks because you're angry. You can't deny use of those parks to the REST of the public by your desire to build a tent city. You can't create a public health hazard with your lack of sanitation. You can't deny businesses in the area the ability to operate. You can't harass little children on the way to school.

Protest any goddamned thing you want, but DON'T think that your right to protest supercedes MY right to live my life peaceably. The sun does not rise and set in your asshole, the universe does not revolve around you and your pissy little grievances, and the sooner you and all those spoiled children in big, dirty, adult bodies out on Wall Street learn that, the better off the whole country will be.

Looks like something struck a nerve!:clap2:

You can be angry about any goddamned thing you want. What you CAN'T do is camp overnight in public parks because you're angry. You can't deny use of those parks to the REST of the public by your desire to build a tent city. You can't create a public health hazard with your lack of sanitation. You can't deny businesses in the area the ability to operate. You can't harass little children on the way to school.

Protest any goddamned thing you want, but DON'T think that your right to protest supercedes MY right to live my life peaceably. The sun does not rise and set in your asshole, the universe does not revolve around you and your pissy little grievances, and the sooner you and all those spoiled children in big, dirty, adult bodies out on Wall Street learn that, the better off the whole country will be.

Looks like something struck a nerve!:clap2:

Of course it struck a nerve, you clod. Don't you have any speck of decency for others?

Well your irrational dislike for parties, if put into practice, would be incoherrent in America. Parties function to create great coalitions in representative republics like ours, and when they gridlock like right now, it's because the voters are being denied information by their media that they can process.

Glad you think so, I see the TP as a last ditch effort for the financial industry to keep a stranglehold on our government. They pretend to be a populist movement but their agenda is entirely corporate with a little social conservatism to keep the churches on board.

Give a link for any representation of social conseratism in the TPM's list of goals. There are none. The TPM has avoided that, and focused entirely on CORE PRINCIPLES; they are:

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed: that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets though government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations.

Can I answer that? Yeah... I have tons of respect for others. That's why i support OWS.

Your side, OTOH... only have respect for the wealthy elite in our country. That's why I don't support the Tea Party.

Can I answer that? Yeah... I have tons of respect for others. That's why i support OWS.

Your side, OTOH... only have respect for the wealthy elite in our country. That's why I don't support the Tea Party.

Most of the OWS don';t have a clue why they are there except it's cheaper to party there instead of working for a living.

TPM has respect for the entire country but doesn't step on the toes of others to get their message across. That is the main difference.

New Topics

Forum List

Back