THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

Generally it means there is no evidence.... in other words.... he's innocent.

I will have to somewhat disagree and engage in a semantics debate with you my dear to make the point...
touche.gif
..it means they feel they cannot convict on what they have, not that hes innocent...;) :lol: grand injuries are notoriously supple and frankly a set up for the persecution to go forward more often that not.

Was your use of "persecution" a Freudian slip?

:eusa_shhh:

The State Attourney has just announced that she will not be presenting the case before a Grand Jury.

I'm not 100% sure what this means but, I still don't think it looks good for the lynch mob.

Actually, it probably means they'll present an indictment on their own.

Politically, no one would make a decision that unpopular without running it past a grand jury.

Interesting development.

Now what can we assume? We only know 3 facts.

1. There will be no Grand Jury.

2. Zimmerman is still a free man.

3. Martin is dead.

Could it be that the State Attorney has a case against Zimmerman but for some reason is not going to arrest him?

Or could it be that the State Attorney does not have sufficient evidence that the events didn't happen the way Zimmerman said?

Or is there another option?

Again, key thing. This is political at this point. Corey is not going to take her boss down by starting race riots by not indicting. A grand jury is usually there to provide insulation for a prosecutors office. They may have calculated they don't need it.

In any event, if she's dumb enough to not indict, the Feds can go after this douchebag on federal charges.

Yep, more about the politics than a desire to see justice done... what does it matter if an innocent man gets his life torn apart - perhaps goes to prison for years... as long as the drooling hordes get the outcome they want.

ONce again, he killed a child. He deserves to have his life torn apart.

This wasn't like the cops who beat Rodney King. Rodney was really a bad guy who was in the act of breaking the law. But the actions of the police in that case were so over the top that something had to be done. And as a result, police changed their training and techniques, and you haven't had a repeat of that situation.

Interesting development.

3. Martin is dead.

Could it be that the State Attorney has a case against Zimmerman but for some reason is not going to arrest him?

Or could it be that the State Attorney does not have sufficient evidence that the events didn't happen the way Zimmerman said?

Again, key thing. This is political at this point. Corey is not going to take her boss down by starting race riots by not indicting. A grand jury is usually there to provide insulation for a prosecutors office. They may have calculated they don't need it.

In any event, if she's dumb enough to not indict, the Feds can go after this douchebag on federal charges.

Where prosecutors make the "call" on the basis of mere politics, the shame to the system and the damage to the system is enormous.

That's where the Courts are supposed to step in. We'll see how that pans out if there is such an effort at a political prosecution.

But if the evidence does not warrant a prosecution, then I sure hope the special prosecutor has the guts to do the right thing and refuse to charge Zimmerman.

I been predicting this all along. If there was any tiny bit of evidence, he would have been arrested when the media turned it into a race thing. Now just wait for the natives to riot.

Well, aren't you the clever one? Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
he is telling the truth !! your attempt a political correctness makes you either an idiot or a coward !! which is it ??

Interesting development.

3. Martin is dead.

Where prosecutors make the "call" on the basis of mere politics, the shame to the system and the damage to the system is enormous.

That's where the Courts are supposed to step in. We'll see how that pans out if there is such an effort at a political prosecution.

But if the evidence does not warrant a prosecution, then I sure hope the special prosecutor has the guts to do the right thing and refuse to charge Zimmerman.

The man murdered a child. He needs to stand up in front of a jury and tell us why.

I agree, it is unfortunate politics were involved. But the fact is, the previous prosecutor decided to put the interests of gun-toting yahoos in front of a real investigation.

The man murdered a child. He needs to stand up in front of a jury and tell us why.

I agree, it is unfortunate politics were involved. But the fact is, the previous prosecutor decided to put the interests of gun-toting yahoos in front of a real investigation.

Nope. He killed the kid. But whether or not it was "murder" is the question, not the premise. You're simply and entirely wrong on that.

And there's no reason to stand up and tell a jury anything. (A) he might never get arrested or charged and (b) if he did get indicted and tried, he'd still have ZERO obligation to say or prove ANYTHING.

And you have NO idea whether or not there WAS a "real" investigation. The interest of JUSTICE may very well have already been served and continue to be served by NO prosecution at all.

Yep, more about the politics than a desire to see justice done... what does it matter if an innocent man gets his life torn apart - perhaps goes to prison for years... as long as the drooling hordes get the outcome they want.

This wasn't like the cops who beat Rodney King. Rodney was really a bad guy who was in the act of breaking the law. But the actions of the police in that case were so over the top that something had to be done. And as a result, police changed their training and techniques, and you haven't had a repeat of that situation.

A 6'3", 165 lb child, tatted and hoodied up, sporting a grill and who calls himself "no limit nigga".

That's a pretty scary child. Especially if he's on top of you smashing your head on the ground.

Nope. He killed the kid. But whether or not it was "murder" is the question, not the premise. You're simply and entirely wrong on that.

And there's no reason to stand up and tell a jury anything. (A) he might never get arrested or charged and (b) if he did get indicted and tried, he'd still have ZERO obligation to say or prove ANYTHING.

And you have NO idea whether or not there WAS a "real" investigation. The interest of JUSTICE may very well have already been served and continue to be served by NO prosecution at all.

Big huge thug with gun kills skinny kid with bag of candy... nope, sorry, most sensible people call that murder.

He will stand before a jury. It's just a question of whether it will be a state jury or a federal one.

"YOU" would say, 'YOU" would do. Jesus, Cali. YOU know damned well
You know? Fuck it, maybe YOU don't. Hell, you're not from around HERE, are YOU? My bad. Carry ON.

Are you ranting, barb? :lol::lol:

I defend due process... I don't defend trial by media... those who are screaming about Zimmerman's guilt do so purely because the media have chosen to present him as such. I have never trusted the media to provide decent coverage.... and the most useful thing this case has done is to prove that I'm right not to trust the media.

The American "media" wouldn't have touched this case if it weren't pushed to do so, neither would the so-called "justice" system. That is the POINT. I don't want this tried by the media, but I do want it TRIED. You AREN'T from around here, you're from Canada. You experience things differently, therefore you SEE them differently. Its APPLICATION, at play here, and equal representation / protection (in this case, especially "protection) under the law that people are screaming for.

I don't expect you to fully understand, but I hoped that you would have tried to. I didn't think that it would be so difficult to understand.

Barb,
That "so-called justice system", is the ONLY SYSTEM OF LAW WE HAVE. It may not be perfect, it may not always work as you (or I) wish, but it is all we have, and we are bound by it, so long as we wish to be a society under the rule of law. That system has sometimes failed; it has sometimes been tainted by politics, or racism (both ways); I hope that neither will be the case in this instance. So should you, because the alternatives to that system of jurisprudence are lynch law, vigilante justice, trial by media, kangaroo courts and mob violence, and this American is not willing to see any of those substituted for the rule of law under our constitution. I believe, and I will believe until proven otherwise, that the State's Attorney in this case will make an appropriate decision on what charges to file, if any, based SOLELY on the totality of the admissible legal evidence, and the statutes of the state of Florida, and NOT on speculation, innuendo, "facts" not in evidence, falsehoods, bigotry, prejudice, or social/political agenda, from wherever and whomever originated.

This is a matter of law, and that is ALL it is; it is not, nor should it be, a media circus, a race-bating contest, a political football, or a witch hunt. If this case is to be tried at all, it WILL be tried in a court of law, NOT in the streets, NOT in the press, and NOT in the court of public opinion. In the meantime, the State's Attorney has both the right and the duty to see to it that as full and complete an investigation as is possible in finished, before making ANY decision on what charges, if any, to file. She is entitled to whatever reasonable time she needs, to be satisfied that she has discharged that responsibility as fully as possible, no matter how impatient the rest of us may be.

A 6'3", 165 lb child, tatted and hoodied up, sporting a grill and who calls himself "no limit nigga".

That's a pretty scary child. Especially if he's on top of you smashing your head on the ground.

Trayvon Martim, the VICTIM, has gone from 140 to 165lbs since death. THAT shows where the bias is, pro shooter.

That kid gets bigger and scarier every thime you guys talk. I mean, he'll be bigger and nastier than Bigfoot by the time you all get through.

You keep outing yourself as a racist, which is amusing as all hell... and kind of depressing.

The State Attourney has just announced that she will not be presenting the case before a Grand Jury.

I'm not 100% sure what this means but, I still don't think it looks good for the lynch mob.

I disagree--She will be bringing charges against Zimmerman--it just won't be 1st degree murder charges. There's just way too much to ignore in this case.

Zimmerman during his 9/11 call is told not to follow--and remarks that Martin is running away from him toward the back entrance. Now to believe Zimmerman--you would have to believe that Martin decided to turn around and ran back toward Zimmerman to confront him. Zimmerman also stated in the 9/11 call that "they always get away." --showing his intent.

Furthermore 2 voice analysis' state that the man screaming was not Zimmerman in the 2nd 9/11 call from the woman. What the special prosecutor has been doing is a time-line of where Zimmerman was at and what time--and they are going to pursue this case. If they can prove that the man screaming help was Martin--they will pursue 2nd degree murder or manslaughter charges.

I do not believe this was a racial incident though. I think any kid (white--asian--hispanic) with a hoodie on-- would have met the same fate with Zimmerman that night--regardless of color.

Last edited:
Do you have a point? You won't find that I've mischaracterized him anywhere.

But I can point to you mischaracterizing the precious child...

Trayvon Martim, the VICTIM, has gone from 140 to 165lbs since death. THAT shows where the bias is, pro shooter.

He went from being that innocent little kid to being what he really was, too, once some blinders were taken off.

How do we know what he actually weighed again?

That's your opinion, Joe, and like most of them I've had the displeasure of reading here, it is based on ignorance, personal prejudice, willful malice, and your own political agenda, not on the law, or the facts. You haven't all of the latter (neither do the rest of us), and you are ignorant of the former. Fortunately, in America, we try not to let anyone so uninformed or unscrupulous serve as a judge or a prosecutor, and when we find one who slips through the cracks (Mike Nifong, for example), we remove them. Now, let the system do its job, and take your witch hunt and associated lynch mob elsewhere; neither has any place in American jurisprudence, and I hope to God they never do!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back