THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

Well I think it's still up to the prosecutor if it goes to the grand jury or not.

I'm not sure about that one..but ultimately, it's the job of the DA to protect the people, and to bring cases against those who are suspected of committing crimes against the people...they are the ones who have taken the oath so to speak, and who have the understanding of the letter of the law and thus are the ones who have been designated to make a decision based upon available evidence whether or not a trial is warranted....

in the event where it's not immediately obvious to all (and an arrest has already been made by the police)....

Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

She didn't want to risk a grand jury not finding charges.

The media has spoken and attorneys profit.

the media profits too and the American justice system falls victim to threats of violence.
True, the media also profits.

She was going to tomorrow's grand jury until this was announced today. So, up until this point, she was looking into the evidence and questioning witnesses.

And, one has to wonder what caused her to bypass a grand jury....hmmm, evidence and statements, obviously, caused her to bypass the grand jury.

She is not confident that a grand jury indictment will happen.

OK. She can do that.

And, no doubt the reason she has done that is because the Mob has spoken and she has to spend money on prosecuting this case (that she suspects the GJ wouldn't find an indictment, even) - taxpayer money. I'm glad I don't pay taxes in Florida.

Wow.

Sad.

Anyway, I have to hope that the process still will work. The media has created a situation where it will be harder to make that happen.

We'll see.

so the can has been kicked down the road. Now what happens if a jury finds Zimmerman "not guity" ?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

She didn't want to risk a grand jury not finding charges.

The media has spoken and attorneys profit.

the media profits too and the American justice system falls victim to threats of violence.

She was going to tomorrow's grand jury until this was announced today. So, up until this point, she was looking into the evidence and questioning witnesses.

And, one has to wonder what caused her to bypass a grand jury....hmmm, evidence and statements, obviously, caused her to bypass the grand jury.

OK. She can do that.

And, no doubt the reason she has done that is because the Mob has spoken and she has to spend money on prosecuting this case (that she suspects the GJ wouldn't find an indictment, even) - taxpayer money. I'm glad I don't pay taxes in Florida.

Wow.

Sad.

Anyway, I have to hope that the process still will work. The media has created a situation where it will be harder to make that happen.

We'll see.

We all indulge media overkill though. Casey Anthony for example.

Here is the full story...
(RNN) - The special prosecutor appointed to hear the Trayvon Martin shooting case announced Monday the Grand Jury will not decide whether George Zimmerman will face charges.

According to the special prosecutor, the Grand Jury, which was set to convene on Tuesday, "should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case."

The special prosecutor, Angela Corey, was appointed more than a month after Martin, 17, was shot and killed by Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain.

Corey had indicated weeks ago that she would forego the Grand Jury process.

"I always lean towards moving forward without needing the Grand Jury in a case like this," Corey told the Miami Herald on March 29. "I foresee us being able to make a decision and move it on our own."

Corey will make the decision as to whether Zimmerman will be indicted for the shooting.

Grand Juries are traditionally convened in high profile cases to determine whether charges can be brought against a party. In this case, the Grand Jury was set to look over the evidence against Zimmerman to determine whether it was strong enough to bring him to court, or whether more investigation needed to be done.

A Grand Jury was used in the JonBenet Ramsey case to determine whether charges could be brought against her parents in 1999.

Prosecutor: Grand Jury will not decide Trayvon Martin case - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

The story you've quoted mentions that Zimmerman was a "self-appointed neighborhood watch captain". If that really is the case, and the Homeowners' Association did not appoint him, I'm not seeing where the Martin family would have a case to sue them. And just what would they sue them for?

A Grand Jury would be redundant of the effort that has already been made in the case. The only purpose of a GJ would be political cover for the Prosecution: "The GJ said it should go to trial" Or, "The GJ said it shouldn't go to trial." "Don't blame me."

But, of course, there's zero evidence for a trial. Having racist shitheads accuse Zimmerman of being racist, while claiming that Trayvon is a saintly 12yr old, might work in the media, but not in the courtroom.

When they're circumventing the GJ system, there's a reason. That reason will be more political than a genuine desire for justice. This is where our justice system stinks.... don't railroad an innocent person because the truth is unpalatable to the drooling hordes. This is why the media should be ashamed of themselves.

I see your point. She probably realizes that a GJ would not indict. If she does decide to prosecute, she earns points either way. Hell she may even get USAG if the O wins in November,

Yep, more about the politics than a desire to see justice done... what does it matter if an innocent man gets his life torn apart - perhaps goes to prison for years... as long as the drooling hordes get the outcome they want.

Let's try a little libtard racism here: It shouldn't matter what happens to just one man's life, regardless of guilt or especially lack thereof. As long as the greater good of the community is served by circumventing the inevitable violence that has been threatened should the desired outcome of "racial justice" not be achieved.

OK. She can do that.

Wow.

Sad.

We'll see.

so the can has been kicked down the road. Now what happens if a jury finds Zimmerman "not guity" ?

Then he's not guilty - not criminally liable - cannot be criminally punished for shooting Martin.

OK. She can do that.

Wow.

Sad.

We'll see.

We'll see.

Too much mob mentality for me to be confident of anything at this point.

Generally it means there is no evidence.... in other words.... he's innocent.

I will have to somewhat disagree and engage in a semantics debate with you my dear to make the point...
touche.gif
..it means they feel they cannot convict on what they have, not that hes innocent...;) :lol: grand injuries are notoriously supple and frankly a set up for the persecution to go forward more often that not.

Engage me at your peril, Uncle Traj. I hope that's clear. :evil::mad:

I have had my say, tis clear as the sparkle in thine eye
detective.gif
......no knicker wringing allowed btw.

Trayvon Martin: Stand Your Ground Law Under Scrutiny After Florida Shooting - ABC News

Stand Your Ground "really ties law enforcement's hands," says Florida law professor Elizabeth Megale, "because immunity is defined so broadly." Immunity, she says, does not just mean you can't be prosecuted. It means you can't be detained.

What is Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law? | HLNtv.com

Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force can be found in Florida Statute § 776.032(1) (2012).

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in … s. 776.013…is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force... As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

That means you are immune from prosecution or civil liability because you are allowed to use the force. When “Stand Your Ground” is successfully asserted following a killing, the homicide is considered “justified,” which means there won’t be any criminal charges filed and you cannot held liable in a civil case either.

Of course it's true. You just don't like it to be true.
My bad. This law is even stupider than I imagined.

It is certainly not the only, the first, or the worst, poorly written law on the books. There are hundreds, at all levels of government.

I will have to somewhat disagree and engage in a semantics debate with you my dear to make the point...
touche.gif
..it means they feel they cannot convict on what they have, not that hes innocent...;) :lol: grand injuries are notoriously supple and frankly a set up for the persecution to go forward more often that not.

Was your use of "persecution" a Freudian slip?

I see a Reginald Denny reaction from the Panthers, Sharpton, and the other peace loving black americans !

touche.gif

Was your use of "persecution" a Freudian slip?
I think it was!

touche.gif

Engage me at your peril, Uncle Traj. I hope that's clear. :evil::mad:

I have had my say, tis clear as the sparkle in thine eye
detective.gif
......no knicker wringing allowed btw.

How about a wedgie? Are they allowed?

My guess with the latest devolopment is there will be a manslaughter charge and he will go to trial.

I'm THINKING manslaughter too. But it could be no charges.

Yeah, that seems to be the most likely outcomes. I hope to see "no charges" but I will not be surprised by a manslaughter arrest after all of the hype this case has drawn. Either way the entire situation is a mess.

Forum List

Back