THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

My guess with the latest devolopment is there will be a manslaughter charge and he will go to trial.

I'm THINKING manslaughter too. But it could be no charges.

Yeah, that seems to be the most likely outcomes. I hope to see "no charges" but I will not be surprised by a manslaughter arrest after all of the hype this case has drawn. Either way the entire situation is a mess.

I think manslaughter, but won't be surprised at no charges, considering the mass publicity.

The State Attourney has just announced that she will not be presenting the case before a Grand Jury.

I'm not 100% sure what this means but, I still don't think it looks good for the lynch mob.

In an earlier article, she said she could bring charges, take it to a grand jury or decline to charge him at all. I think she can bring lesser charges without the Grand Jury, but this sounds like she won't be doing either.

It is a very interesting development.

The State Attourney has just announced that she will not be presenting the case before a Grand Jury.

I'm not 100% sure what this means but, I still don't think it looks good for the lynch mob.

In an earlier article, she said she could bring charges, take it to a grand jury or decline to charge him at all. I think she can bring lesser charges without the Grand Jury, but this sounds like she won't be doing either.

3 prosecutors the FBI & the media have been trying to find something to hang Zimmerman on for over a month & they still can't even find enough to convince an easily persuaded Grand Jury.

Kasey Anthony.....

"It is better that 100 guilty go free than convict 1 innocent". Was Kasey guilty? I don't know. As is my usual stance, I remained neutral on the issue.... the jury said no. That is our system.

its the same issue though.

It is the same, if you're talking about the public opinion verdict of guilty. I think that that is your point. In the Casey Anthony case, many people, and I might add MOST people believed she was guilty even before the trial. Many still believe her guilty. It's the same thing the lynch mob is doing to Zimmerman now.

you would think if this was the case, they would close the case down and say sorry there is nothing to see anymore.

It's not that easy when you are faced with the possibility of riots in the streets of America.

True, she is waiting for some reason; it is certainly being investigated.

This is the question that I asked on the first page of this thread. The thread went off the rails shortly after that.

From the wording. Corey left the door open about whether she would prosecute even without a grand jury.
Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

She didn't want to risk a grand jury not finding charges.

The media has spoken and attorneys profit.

Good point. I've been trying to understand why she is waiting. If she has a case, why is she waiting and why isn't Zimmerman arrested? You make a good argument for why she didn't go to the GJ, but if she has a case, what is the hold up I wonder?

From the wording. Corey left the door open about whether she would prosecute even without a grand jury.
Right.

She can still proceed to trial with charges. And, no doubt that is exactly what she will do.

She didn't want to risk a grand jury not finding charges.

The media has spoken and attorneys profit.

Good point. I've been trying to understand why she is waiting. If she has a case, why is she waiting and why isn't Zimmerman arrested? You make a good argument for why she didn't go to the GJ, but if she has a case, what is the hold up I wonder?

Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing.

3 prosecutors the FBI & the media have been trying to find something to hang Zimmerman on for over a month & they still can't even find enough to convince an easily persuaded Grand Jury.

Agreed. To me that is the most telling thing. It is the reason that I believe that Zimmerman will walk free.

No, the only thing you can infer from her comment is that it's not going before a grand jury.

Forum List

Back