This is so touching... and true

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the average fowl has a pea sized brain, WC is likely correct, although the distinction is rather dubious.

Mythical sea creatures have yet to be tested for intelligence, however the sea is not a place for bleeding heart liberals - more likely the setting for the callous and omnivorous. A place not safe for man or beastly fowl.

What a Specist.

Dillo hasn't got a clue what he or she is talking about. I have a daughter who went thru this in High School. She did it be cause she did not feel anything and even feeling hurt was better than nothing.. It is serious issue and I pray that she gets help. My daughter 30 years later is a great mother, wife and friend. Without help she could have been dead.

I don't mind some people being stupid but i RESENT like Hell that you think I am.

Reread what I actually said before you drown in resentment. Did I say anywhere that she didn't need help ?

I was on another forum and someone made a thread about this amazing video, and so I thought I'd share it here. The video is of a really hot chick who is trying to overcome self-harm and is getting harassed, and she's trying to tell people to think before they speak or act, since they may not realize it, but they are hurting other people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QJa5NLaCU

blaming other people for your behavior will not help you to change it.

Blaming other people for the depression they experience/express makes one a callous conservative.
Are callous conservatives sociopathic?

–noun Psychiatry .
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Yes they are.

Likewise callous liberals (they exist believe me) are likwise somewhat sociaopathic.

Bullies, be they physical, psychological, social or economic, are.

We are social creatures first and foremost, Wry.

And pubecent kids are ESPECIALLY vulnerable to the nastiness that bullies (with girls it's usually social bullies) so like to dish out.

So do something productive with all your self proclaimed strength of character and will.

Go out and kick a bully's ass.

You won't have any trouble finding them unless you yourself are a bully.

Then you probably won't have a clue.

Blaming other people for the depression they experience/express makes one a callous conservative.

–noun Psychiatry .
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Yes they are.

Likewise callous liberals (they exist believe me) are likwise somewhat sociaopathic.

And pubecent kids are ESPECIALLY vulnerable to the nastiness that bullies (with girls it's usually social bullies) so like to dish out.

So do something productive with all your self proclaimed strength of character and will.

kicking a bully's ass won't change anything.
any other ideas ?

Does anyone else have a sense that CMDR is actually exploiting this girl by posting her video clip on a message board? Posting it does nothing to help the girl; it just sensationalizes her in a creepy tabloid way.

If he'd opened the thread with real concern over the phenomena of cutting and/or the topic of bullying in high school it would be one thing.

That he emphasizes the girl is 'hot' and a 'chick' rather than a child in pain objectifies the child.

You have a point.

Does anyone else have a sense that CMDR is actually exploiting this girl by posting her video clip on a message board? Posting it does nothing to help the girl; it just sensationalizes her in a creepy tabloid way.

Actually ... No. It is on You Tube. She has both Issues and a point. Just a thought. ;)

–noun Psychiatry .

Yes they are.

We have a no bullying policy in our school. This child needs help.

Actually ... No. It is on You Tube. She has both Issues and a point. Just a thought. ;)

Posting something on Youtube doesn't obligate anyone to spread it around on other websites.

I think it's creepy.

If he'd opened the thread with real concern over the phenomena of cutting and/or the topic of bullying in high school it would be one thing.

That he emphasizes the girl is 'hot' and a 'chick' rather than a child in pain objectifies the child.

You have a point.

"Oh she's a child in pain, oh my god, somebody call social services"

You people are pathetic. She's a teenage girl who is dealing with real life just like every other adult and teenager. Is what is happening to her wrong? Yes. Will cutting help? Probably not. Is it a sad and touching story? Yes. Is it out of the ordinary? No.

Posting something on Youtube doesn't obligate anyone to spread it around on other websites.

I think it's creepy.
There's nothing creepy about it. This is the internet, get used to it. Almost everyone on the internet, especially on forums, shares stuff with other people, that's kind of the point. If it's posted on a social media website, people will probably spread it. Almost everyone who posts on forums is a teenager, and if they aren't, they are in their early twenties and were probably a teenager when they started posting on forums. The video was uploaded to be shared, the girl didn't upload the video so that nobody would see it, she uploaded it so people would see it, that's kind of the point. And if you have a problem with people sharing this particular video, take it up with this guy: deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's the internet. But taking voyeuristic pleasure / exploiting the pain of another person is analogous to people who slow down to goggle at horrific traffic accidents.

Just because somebody posts something on the internet doesn't mean you should post it on other sites. But, self control and judgment are traits I doubt are highly developed in you.

Yes, it's the internet. But taking voyeuristic pleasure / exploiting the pain of another person is analogous to people who slow down to goggle at horrific traffic accidents.

Just because somebody posts something on the internet doesn't mean you should post it on other sites. But, self control and judgment are traits I doubt are highly developed in you.

Again, take it up with the OP on the other forum, he's the one who started it, assuming he didn't find it elsewhere like I did.

Don't you have some girl who isn't interested in you to stalk or something like that to do?

You have a point.

"Oh she's a child in pain, oh my god, somebody call social services"

You people are pathetic. She's a teenage girl who is dealing with real life just like every other adult and teenager. Is what is happening to her wrong? Yes. Will cutting help? Probably not. Is it a sad and touching story? Yes. Is it out of the ordinary? No.

Self-injury is not a healthy way for a teenage girl or adult to 'deal with real life'.

What's pathetic is finding it amusing.

I think it's creepy.

Maybe it was to start a discussion on the subject. Why does it have to be creepy?

I find it creepy and exploitative. If other's don't, so be it. I'll stick with my assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back