This is not a trick question.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Can anyone name a mathematical operation that will affect the value of infinity? Infinity times whatever, is still infinity. Infinity divided by whatever is still infinity, although I'm not sure if infinity divided by infinity doesn't equal one. Well, are there any eggheads who can answer this?

• Banned
Yes. Infinity minus infinity is nothing at all.

....but luckily for us, nothing is sacred.
I don't think so. if you subtract an infinite amount from infinity, you still have infinity left. It's infinite. Also, infinity is not a finite amount, so you cannot add subtract divide or multiply it.

Can anyone name a mathematical operation that will affect the value of infinity? Infinity times whatever, is still infinity. Infinity divided by whatever is still infinity, although I'm not sure if infinity divided by infinity doesn't equal one. Well, are there any eggheads who can answer this?

no because INFINITY is not a number

The old infinity or the new one?

And when you ask these dumb questions it would help if you could shown the numerical/symbolic representation for infinity...

Carry on...

Well, division by zero is undefined, so it is not that.
And i cannot understand that. If you divide by zero, you have zero. Yet every computer will crash if it comes upon a "division by zero" call without the appropriate error trap. I think engineers being the arrogant pricks many of them are, left that like that to show really smart they think they are.

And i cannot understand that. If you divide by zero, you have zero. Yet every computer will crash if it comes upon a "division by zero" call without the appropriate error trap. I think engineers being the arrogant pricks many of them are, left that like that to show really smart they think they are.

:lol:

Yes, math is a conspiracy against you.

Mock me if you like, what I stated is true. Just like automotive engineers. arrogant to the core. There is no reason for a computer program to crash when it encounters a call that results in division by zero. It should just return a value of zero and contunue.

Mock me if you like, what I stated is true. Just like automotive engineers. arrogant to the core.

I am mocking you - and no, it really isn't.

Mock me if you like, what I stated is true. Just like automotive engineers. arrogant to the core.

Then you are ignorant.

Then you are ignorant.

Of course. You believe that math is a conspiracy against you - and I'm the "ignorant" one.

Then you are ignorant.

Of course. You believe that math is a conspiracy against you - and I'm the "ignorant" one.
And where did I say that? I said a computer program should not crash when it encounters a call that results in a division by zero error. Why is is liberals like yourself have to mock people for having an opinion based on actually working in what they are talking about?

Forum List

Back