This is not a trick question.

:lol:

Yes, math is a conspiracy against you.
Mock me if you like, what I stated is true. Just like automotive engineers. arrogant to the core.

I am mocking you - and no, it really isn't.
Then you are ignorant.

Of course. You believe that math is a conspiracy against you - and I'm the "ignorant" one.
And where did I say that? I said a computer program should not crash when it encounters a call that results in a division by zero error. Why is is liberals like yourself have to mock people for having an opinion based on actually working in what they are talking about?

No, you said that a number divided by zero = zero, and that computer errors caused by division by zero are a conspiracy by engineers.

A number divided by zero is NOT zero, it's undefined. Computers get errors because it's an operation that can't be solved.

Mock me if you like, what I stated is true. Just like automotive engineers. arrogant to the core.

Then you are ignorant.

Of course. You believe that math is a conspiracy against you - and I'm the "ignorant" one.
And where did I say that? I said a computer program should not crash when it encounters a call that results in a division by zero error. Why is is liberals like yourself have to mock people for having an opinion based on actually working in what they are talking about?

No, you said that a number divided by zero = zero, and that computer errors caused by division by zero are a conspiracy by engineers.

A number divided by zero is NOT zero, it's undefined. Computers get errors because it's an operation that can't be solved.
RIght so it should return a zero value and continue on, engineers arrogance won't let it. My programs trapped division by zero attempts and kept on running.

Then you are ignorant.

RIght so it should return a zero value and continue on, engineers arrogance won't let it. My programs trapped division by zero attempts and kept on running.

Why would it return a zero value? That's an incorrect answer.

Then you are ignorant.

Because you can't divide by zero. So why crash the program on a technicality?

That's part of being a programmer - making sure your programs won't crash on technicalities.

The language is supposed to do exactly what you tell it to do - it's up to the coder to make sure they aren't doing "illegal" operations - whether it's dividing by zero, or forgetting a }.

That's part of being a programmer - making sure your programs won't crash on technicalities.

The language is supposed to do exactly what you tell it to do - it's up to the coder to make sure they aren't doing "illegal" operations - whether it's dividing by zero, or forgetting a }.
Agree but I still think it's just a holdover from arrogance. I reality no one tries to divide by zero. My programs used an error trap that just simply ignored the very rare attempt at /0. IMO and from my experience, the error is usually caused by some other problem in the computer such as a corrupted array caused by OS screw ups, or scrambled pointers that the OS has lost track of.

Forum List

Back