This is how you know that nobody in that room forgot what vulgarity Trump uttered.

Just as I grew up in the era where, as Carlin noted, one would have been been slapped or beaten "into next week" were one to have used such language in politie company or in a serious setting, so it was for every person in that room.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said. Hell, a very reason for using such words is to emphasize in the most brusque way possible ones idea(s). Not only is one's idea stressed by using such language, so too is the fact that one used such language.

And, no, I don't have a problem with Trump's specific choice to say sh*t "whatever." I am taking exception with these people who are attempting to convince the American public that they don't recall what Trump said. Their not recalling that, how and why Trump used the language he did is no more so than is Man in the Moon." Their saying they don't recall is to condescend that the American people are stupid enough to believe they don't remember.

They can't recall what didn't happen.

It's sad that you don't understand that.

Just as I grew up in the era where, as Carlin noted, one would have been been slapped or beaten "into next week" were one to have used such language in politie company or in a serious setting, so it was for every person in that room.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said. Hell, a very reason for using such words is to emphasize in the most brusque way possible ones idea(s). Not only is one's idea stressed by using such language, so too is the fact that one used such language.

And, no, I don't have a problem with Trump's specific choice to say sh*t "whatever." I am taking exception with these people who are attempting to convince the American public that they don't recall what Trump said. Their not recalling that, how and why Trump used the language he did is no more so than is Man in the Moon." Their saying they don't recall is to condescend that the American people are stupid enough to believe they don't remember.

I listened to a lot of folks talking about this over the weekend. The most important message I got was that people don't want to jeopardize a DACA deal and therefore even the Dems are shying away from calling him racist or even talking about it much. A lot of diplomacy among those hoping for a DACA bill.

You mean you listened to NPR and other fake news reporters trying to fabricate some non-issue out of nothing yet again, because you Democrats literally have no principles or platforms outside of juvenile gossiping and constant racist mau-mauing.

We already know that.

They can't recall what didn't happen.

It's sad that you don't understand that.

Ignore the spammer. They have no credible source he ever said that in the first place, and even if he did they know it's true, anyway. They just want to deflect news cycles from their Party's constant sabotage and obstructionism, is all.

I wasn’t in the room. Not not being able to hear exactly what was said and how it was said, I am unable to judge the context of what was said.

IDK maybe my parents generation, the folks 70+ now a days don't cuss in public, but folks my age, folks younger than I, all the damned time.

Plus, this wasn't a public meeting. I know for a fact that folks cuss like sailors in closed door meetings, and that's been going on since long before I was born (70s)

On the point though, I don't have any problem with him having said this...

The frauds didn't have a problem with the likes of Chuck Schumer saying pretty much the same thing, so we know they aren't suffering from anything like moral outrage, they're just spamming.

Whether the word was put out there or not, to me, if one person is not going to be "busted" for it, why should another? Who isn't guilty of saying certain things at least once?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

My dreamers are MY grandchildren. Come here legally. Sick and tired of people ignoring the Law while feigning outrage over what the President supposedly said.
The racism was obvious. Where is your outrage.

What did you do to become a US citizen?

Dear RealDave
1. one side is comparing discriminating against people of OTHER COUNTRIES
vs. defending the citizens and taxpayers of AMERICA
Trump is being NATIONALIST
2. the other side is comparing the RACE of people in other countries and continents
with the WHITE Race of Trump and other nationalists

One group is focused on National Identity.
the other group is focused on Racial Identity.

these are not the same arguments.
We need to address these in their own contexts
instead of mixing the two together. If we take it one by one,
we can separate the issues of national policy between nations,
from racial representation and perception of people in groups
that extends BEYOND national borders and policies.

Nope. You failed to defend your racist buddy and then jumped right in that tracist crowd with your post.

Trump is not a nationalist. He is a racist asshole.

He declared people in those countries of not being worthy. As if they are all scum.

You agree with him

Trump declared eople from African countries are not worthy of immigration to the US. Why is that? Certainly there are smart people in Africa. Certainly there are people in Africa far far far better educated than Trump. There are skilled people in Africa.

So what aspect of these people make them so undesirable. Ummmmmmmmmm Let me think.

So why don;t take your racism, & shove up your white Supremacist ass. You are fooling no one.

Dear RealDave
That's fine he can be both. I don't disagree or negate that.

What I'm saying is to address the NATIONALIST issues in a NATIONALIST context.
Address the RACIAL issues in the context of RACE.

But mixing them causes confusion.

Similar to addressing LGBT beliefs as a separate context
from the actual LGBT conditions. Otherwise mixing the two causes confusion.

Beliefs about gay marriage are SEPARATE from the actual LGBT identity/orientation and what causes it.

Do you agree that these issues can involve BOTH
but still require addressing the components SEPARATELY?

This is for the purpose of RESOLVING issues.
It makes sense to address both the Nationalist bias
and the Racist bias in their respective contexts to reduce the confusion going on.

Isn't Durbin the only one who heard it? Or are others at the meeting claiming they heard it, too?

A couple of others claim he said it. Flake probably and maybe Grahmnesty.
Link that.
Here ya go!

The "shithouse defense," explained: how Trump’s allies are trying to dig him out of his "shithole"
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), who attended the meeting in question, publicly confirmed that “he said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly.”

Additionally, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) told the Post and Courier that his South Carolina colleague Sen. Lindsey Graham, who attended the meeting, told him Trump’s reported comments were “basically accurate.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who also didn’t attend the meeting, told the Washington Post he heard about Trump’s comments before they went public, and they matched the later reports.
Frankly I dont care what Trump said, as I find frank discussion very useful and let people use what terms come to mind. For Trump a reference to shit house countries would be a reference to their use of out door latrines due to his real estate background and not a racial comment at all. But people hear what they want to hear....

I listened to a lot of folks talking about this over the weekend. The most important message I got was that people don't want to jeopardize a DACA deal and therefore even the Dems are shying away from calling him racist or even talking about it much. A lot of diplomacy among those hoping for a DACA bill.

Frankly, the DACA/"phase one" immigration matter is one for which there is abundant bipartisan will to resolve. I don't know whether in the House there's enough such will to obtain a veto-proof passing of the bill, but in the Senate there is. I know that a bill that expressly prohibits spending money for Trump's Wall and that yet provides funds for border security could easily gain enough support to be veto-proof in both chambers, in which case irking Trump isn't going to matter.

Funny no one seems to be calming down the populace by making that point. It seems if that were an option on the table, the Republicans would already be talking about it.

Funny no one seems to be calming down the populace by making that point. It seems if that were an option on the table, the Republicans would already be talking about it.

Republicans are the last group I'd expect to say, in essence, "Screw what you want, Mr. President. We're going to pass something that we can pass with enough votes to override your veto and call it a win for ourselves; thus whether you like it really doesn't matter." I wouldn't expect that in general, and I certainly wouldn't expect it in an election year. They weren't so bold as to say something like that with last year's Russian sanctions, so I know damn well they're not going to say it this year on as hot-button an issue as anything pertaining to immigration/immigrants.

Of course they wouldn't because those Republicans who pick the wrong side of these issues will soon be facing voters and be primaried by other Republicans who beat them over the head with their backstabbing of the President in ever campaign ad and in every debate.

My Congressman and two Senators would never go for that.

Isn't Durbin the only one who heard it? Or are others at the meeting claiming they heard it, too?

Link that.
Here ya go!

The "shithouse defense," explained: how Trump’s allies are trying to dig him out of his "shithole"
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), who attended the meeting in question, publicly confirmed that “he said these hate-filled things and he said them repeatedly.”

Additionally, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) told the Post and Courier that his South Carolina colleague Sen. Lindsey Graham, who attended the meeting, told him Trump’s reported comments were “basically accurate.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), who also didn’t attend the meeting, told the Washington Post he heard about Trump’s comments before they went public, and they matched the later reports.
Frankly I dont care what Trump said, as I find frank discussion very useful and let people use what terms come to mind. For Trump a reference to shit house countries would be a reference to their use of out door latrines due to his real estate background and not a racial comment at all. But people hear what they want to hear....
What is funny is you think the above somehow indicates he said it.

What is funny is you think the above somehow indicates he said it.
No, really I dont care if Trump said ShitHole or Shithouse or nothing at all but MF this and that.

It really does not offend me.

What offends me is that the Dims are sabotaging the DACA efforts while posturing and pretending that they are championing DACA for the 'Dreamers'.

Same old same old.

Link that.
Here ya go!

Yes, no credible sources exist that verify he said anything like the claims. Durbin and Graham??? lol lol lol please, stop pissing on our legs.

My dreamers are MY grandchildren. Come here legally. Sick and tired of people ignoring the Law while feigning outrage over what the President supposedly said.
The racism was obvious. Where is your outrage.

What did you do to become a US citizen?

Dear RealDave
1. one side is comparing discriminating against people of OTHER COUNTRIES
vs. defending the citizens and taxpayers of AMERICA
Trump is being NATIONALIST
2. the other side is comparing the RACE of people in other countries and continents
with the WHITE Race of Trump and other nationalists

One group is focused on National Identity.
the other group is focused on Racial Identity.

these are not the same arguments.
We need to address these in their own contexts
instead of mixing the two together. If we take it one by one,
we can separate the issues of national policy between nations,
from racial representation and perception of people in groups
that extends BEYOND national borders and policies.

Nope. You failed to defend your racist buddy and then jumped right in that tracist crowd with your post.

Trump is not a nationalist. He is a racist asshole.

He declared people in those countries of not being worthy. As if they are all scum.

You agree with him

Trump declared eople from African countries are not worthy of immigration to the US. Why is that? Certainly there are smart people in Africa. Certainly there are people in Africa far far far better educated than Trump. There are skilled people in Africa.

So what aspect of these people make them so undesirable. Ummmmmmmmmm Let me think.

So why don;t take your racism, & shove up your white Supremacist ass. You are fooling no one.

Dear RealDave
That's fine he can be both. I don't disagree or negate that.

What I'm saying is to address the NATIONALIST issues in a NATIONALIST context.
Address the RACIAL issues in the context of RACE.

But mixing them causes confusion.

Similar to addressing LGBT beliefs as a separate context
from the actual LGBT conditions. Otherwise mixing the two causes confusion.

Beliefs about gay marriage are SEPARATE from the actual LGBT identity/orientation and what causes it.

Do you agree that these issues can involve BOTH
but still require addressing the components SEPARATELY?

This is for the purpose of RESOLVING issues.
It makes sense to address both the Nationalist bias
and the Racist bias in their respective contexts to reduce the confusion going on.

Still trying to pretend these astro-turfing shills are here to have legitimate discussions; that's not at all what they're here for, they're here to spam and spread lies and tabloid trash. You're wasting your time with engaging these frauds and deviants.

It doesn't bother me a bit, if Trump uttered those words.
He asked what millions of Americans ask every single day.

Was it smart politically ? No.
Does it help the conservative agenda ? I doubt it, since the left will paint him as a racist simply for calling 'shitholes', "shitholes".

Anyone who claims Black and Brown countries are not shitholes needs to be evaluated for dementia, Alzheimer's or for just being extremely stupid.

Anyone who claims Black and Brown countries are not shitholes needs to be evaluated for dementia, Alzheimer's or for just being extremely stupid.
Anyone who denies that Donald Trump is a shit hole needs to be evaluated for "Malignant stupidity"

Rising GOP star abruptly quits Republican party over Trump’s ‘appalling comments’ about immigrants

Kyle McDaniel, a young rising GOP star from Viginia, abruptly quit the Republican party on Tuesday citing Donald Trump’s “appalling comments” about Haitian immigrants coming to the United States.

Personally, I support DACA and I pray that Dreamers get to remain in the country they grew up in and learned as their own; the USA.

but this deal is not likely to get passed because too many special interests in both parties want to use it as a political weapon instead of doing their damned jobs and taking care of their responsibilities and duties.
So, if Mexico is THAT bad, is it a shithole?

If it's a shithole, why are they holding on to their shithole culture?

Forum List

Back