This is how you know that nobody in that room forgot what vulgarity Trump uttered.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Just as I grew up in the era where, as Carlin noted, one would have been been slapped or beaten "into next week" were one to have used such language in politie company or in a serious setting, so it was for every person in that room.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said. Hell, a very reason for using such words is to emphasize in the most brusque way possible ones idea(s). Not only is one's idea stressed by using such language, so too is the fact that one used such language.

And, no, I don't have a problem with Trump's specific choice to say sh*t "whatever." I am taking exception with these people who are attempting to convince the American public that they don't recall what Trump said. Their not recalling that, how and why Trump used the language he did is no more so than is Man in the Moon." Their saying they don't recall is to condescend that the American people are stupid enough to believe they don't remember.

Last edited:
If Trump denies something then it is probably true.

He is all about spin and junk news.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said..

Are you freaking serious?

More cussing goes on in these meetings than most people are aware of.

Hell they'd make sailors blush.

Lot of people in the meeting cant remember if Trump said that because it is a rather minor, light 'cuss' word, while others are throwing F-bombs and Mofos and SoBs.

roflmao

Just as I grew up in the era where, as Carlin noted, one would have been been slapped or beaten "into next week" were one to have used such language in politie company or in a serious setting, so it was for every person in that room.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said. Hell, a very reason for using such words is to emphasize in the most brusque way possible ones idea(s). Not only is one's idea stressed by using such language, so too is the fact that one used such language.

And, no, I don't have a problem with Trump's specific choice to say sh*t "whatever." I am taking exception with these people who are attempting to convince the American public that they don't recall what Trump said. Their not recalling that, how and why Trump used the language he did is no more so than is Man in the Moon." Their saying they don't recall is to condescend that the American people are stupid enough to believe they don't remember.

I listened to a lot of folks talking about this over the weekend. The most important message I got was that people don't want to jeopardize a DACA deal and therefore even the Dems are shying away from calling him racist or even talking about it much. A lot of diplomacy among those hoping for a DACA bill.

I listened to a lot of folks talking about this over the weekend. The most important message I got was that people don't want to jeopardize a DACA deal and therefore even the Dems are shying away from calling him racist or even talking about it much. A lot of diplomacy among those hoping for a DACA bill.

Frankly, the DACA/"phase one" immigration matter is one for which there is abundant bipartisan will to resolve. I don't know whether in the House there's enough such will to obtain a veto-proof passing of the bill, but in the Senate there is. I know that a bill that expressly prohibits spending money for Trump's Wall and that yet provides funds for border security could easily gain enough support to be veto-proof in both chambers, in which case irking Trump isn't going to matter.

Personally, I support DACA and I pray that Dreamers get to remain in the country they grew up in and learned as their own; the USA.

but this deal is not likely to get passed because too many special interests in both parties want to use it as a political weapon instead of doing their damned jobs and taking care of their responsibilities and duties.

I know that a bill that expressly prohibits spending money for Trump's Wall and that yet provides funds for border security could easily gain enough support to be veto-proof in both chambers, in which case irking Trump isn't going to matter.

Trump would sign it. He has discretionary funds from drug seizures and other things that he can use to fund the wall.

And how the hell would Congress secretly ban funding on the Wall? Trump doesnt fall for that crap; he's a New York realtor, they would inspect their own mothers colon if she were part of a deal.

My dreamers are MY grandchildren. Come here legally. Sick and tired of people ignoring the Law while feigning outrage over what the President supposedly said.

Frankly, the DACA/"phase one" immigration matter is one for which there is abundant bipartisan will to resolve. I don't know whether in the House there's enough such will to obtain a veto-proof passing of the bill, but in the Senate there is. I know that a bill that expressly prohibits spending money for Trump's Wall and that yet provides funds for border security could easily gain enough support to be veto-proof in both chambers, in which case irking Trump isn't going to matter.

Funny no one seems to be calming down the populace by making that point. It seems if that were an option on the table, the Republicans would already be talking about it.

Personally, I support DACA and I pray that Dreamers get to remain in the country they grew up in and learned as their own; the USA.

but this deal is not likely to get passed because too many special interests in both parties want to use it as a political weapon instead of doing their damned jobs and taking care of their responsibilities and duties.
Unfortunately, I believe you're right. Agree 100%

My dreamers are MY grandchildren. Come here legally. Sick and tired of people ignoring the Law while feigning outrage over what the President supposedly said.
The racism was obvious. Where is your outrage.

What did you do to become a US citizen?

Unfortunately, I believe you're right. Agree 100%
When it comes to Congress I think the Joker said it all:

I think Obama's abuse of govt to establish liberal political beliefs
was the highest type of criminal manipulation and fraud. Even managed
to get Justice Roberts and the courts behind it.

Clinton could not get away with criminal fraud.
But Obama pulled it off. that makes him the higher class, because
he knew how to play the politics and media to get away with it.

Dear RealDave
1. one side is comparing discriminating against people of OTHER COUNTRIES
vs. defending the citizens and taxpayers of AMERICA
Trump is being NATIONALIST
2. the other side is comparing the RACE of people in other countries and continents
with the WHITE Race of Trump and other nationalists

One group is focused on National Identity.
the other group is focused on Racial Identity.

these are not the same arguments.
We need to address these in their own contexts
instead of mixing the two together. If we take it one by one,
we can separate the issues of national policy between nations,
from racial representation and perception of people in groups
that extends BEYOND national borders and policies.

Dear RealDave
2. the other side is comparing the RACE of people in other countries and continents

Nope. You failed to defend your racist buddy and then jumped right in that tracist crowd with your post.

Trump is not a nationalist. He is a racist asshole.

He declared people in those countries of not being worthy. As if they are all scum.

You agree with him

Trump declared eople from African countries are not worthy of immigration to the US. Why is that? Certainly there are smart people in Africa. Certainly there are people in Africa far far far better educated than Trump. There are skilled people in Africa.

So what aspect of these people make them so undesirable. Ummmmmmmmmm Let me think.

So why don;t take your racism, & shove up your white Supremacist ass. You are fooling no one.

Funny no one seems to be calming down the populace by making that point. It seems if that were an option on the table, the Republicans would already be talking about it.

Republicans are the last group I'd expect to say, in essence, "Screw what you want, Mr. President. We're going to pass something that we can pass with enough votes to override your veto and call it a win for ourselves; thus whether you like it really doesn't matter." I wouldn't expect that in general, and I certainly wouldn't expect it in an election year. They weren't so bold as to say something like that with last year's Russian sanctions, so I know damn well they're not going to say it this year on as hot-button an issue as anything pertaining to immigration/immigrants.

Dear RealDave

Nope. You failed to defend your racist buddy and then jumped right in that tracist crowd with your post.

Trump is not a nationalist. He is a racist asshole.

He declared people in those countries of not being worthy. As if they are all scum.

You agree with him

Trump declared eople from African countries are not worthy of immigration to the US. Why is that? Certainly there are smart people in Africa. Certainly there are people in Africa far far far better educated than Trump. There are skilled people in Africa.

So what aspect of these people make them so undesirable. Ummmmmmmmmm Let me think.

So why don;t take your racism, & shove up your white Supremacist ass. You are fooling no one.
They are unworthy if they're not coming here to become Americans.

What dems are that? Every time I see one it's racist racist racist?

New Topics

Forum List

Back