"This great American system, these roads and bridges- you didn't do that,somebody..."

Why do you feel that Romney needs to lie about the Presidents message?
"
The

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

If that was his point, and he was not denigrating the efforts and successes of business owners, why did he specifically exclude them from the group of individuals that built infrastructure you OWS parasites believe he was referring to with an improper demonstrative? If, when he said "you did not build that. Somebody else built that", what he really was referring to is infrastructure, who is he crediting wit building that infrastructure? And why does he exclude business from being part of that group of contributors?

"We" is inclusive of everyone, businesses and individuals. Why do you think he excluded anyone?

I say that because he specifically said, when allegedly referring to infrastructure: " you did not build that. Somebody else built that". Clearly, clearly, he is not including business in the " somebody else" that built the infrastructure. Notice he did not say " you did not build that alone, somebody else helped you". Why do OWS parasites have to go through such verbal gymnastics to explain obammy's words?

If there a whole bunch of smart, hardworking people out there, and therefore smarts and hardworking are not why some people are successful, then why is it that most be do not attain great success, when we all have access to the same infrastructure? If its not infrastructure, smarts, or hardworking that leads to success, what is it that leads some people to do much better than others? Luck?

Sure. The taxpayers of America made it happen dummy.

Everyone and every business that pays Fed, State and Local taxes contributed to the building of infrasturcture in this country.

That's right. People wanted things, people paid other people to make it happen. Government was doing the bidding of the people by organizing things, which is how most things got started. It was when government started doing what they wanted, in order to get votes, that things started going wrong. For years, they've pandered to a growing welfare state and the hope is that the takers will outnumber the givers and ensure their power indefinitely.

Roads and bridges would not have been built if people hadn't started construction companies and been able to hire people who knew what they were doing. I don't recall any government programs way back when people were learning skills and finding work. That was the private sector. It wasn't long before government learned how to use the private sector and the workers to their own advantage. The Dept of Defense actually helped make the internet, as we know it, to happen. Of course, the private sector played a giant part and would have probably made, and many other things, happen sooner if government regulations hadn't impeded their progress.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen,"

Read more: Obama calls 'you didn't build that' furor 'bogus,' as Romney releases new ad | Fox News

Why do you Democrats need an Obama Context Filter? Here's EXACTLY what Obama actually said!!

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen,"

The

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

But Romeny didn't lie, here is the uncut speech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192oEC5TX_Q]Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own - YouTube[/ame]

We believe, as do our friends at FactCheck.org and the Washington Post Fact Checker, that Romney has seriously distorted Obama’s comments.

Romney cherry-picked a quote that made it sound like Obama was dismissive of businesses when in fact he was making a point that success comes from the combination of "individual initiative" and the fact that "we do things together."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...g-mitt-romneys-attacks-you-didnt-build-truth/

obama tells Olympians "If you won that medal, you didn't win it, the government won it for you. Now pay up because you owe taxes on that medal."

Marco Rubio wants to put a stop to it.

Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals - Washington Times
ATR, the group that crunched the numbers, said it’s unlikely any of America’s competition will face the same taxes because the U.S. “is virtually the only developed nation that taxes ‘worldwide’ income earned overseas by its taxpayers.”

The

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192oEC5TX_Q]Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own - YouTube[/ame]

We believe, as do our friends at FactCheck.org and the Washington Post Fact Checker, that Romney has seriously distorted Obama’s comments.

Romney cherry-picked a quote that made it sound like Obama was dismissive of businesses when in fact he was making a point that success comes from the combination of "individual initiative" and the fact that "we do things together."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...g-mitt-romneys-attacks-you-didnt-build-truth/

If he was not being dismissive of business, then why did he say that somebody else built that(infrastructure), but it wasn't business owners?

The

You think I"M lying about the Prez confirming his Collectivist outlook on work and sweat contributions. So I'll pass -- if you think Romney is doing the same. First -- we'd have to hear the same speech and recognize the obvious memes of anti-free-market collective thought..

To me --- that little flight of honesty sounded EXACTLY like Noam Chomsky..

Or a more eloquent Michael Moore.. :D

.....Than a Prez that many of your Leftist buds are trying to sell as a "Centrist".

So then how does "we succeed because of our individual initiative" fit into the collective outlook again?

He JUST KILLED individual initiative by lecturing me that "I didn't build that". He just placed MY contribution equal to a City Sewer Worker. (no offense RightWinger :eusa_shifty:)

I don't praise the window washer contractors at the annual board meeting. NOR do I get up and laud the Mayor for fixing potholes.
It's JUST NOT RELEVANT.

And worse, it's 1st class Collectivist drivel attempting to justify the equal importance of all sweat to a venture as complicated as Apple or McDonalds or Caterpillar.....

And BTW --- talk about taking quotes out of context.. The Phrase was...

Of course --- you left out the but... Start analyzing this from the ENTIRE CONTEXT -- and like I said -- you get Noam Chomsky..

Last edited:
If there a whole bunch of smart, hardworking people out there, and therefore smarts and hardworking are not why some people are successful, then why is it that most be do not attain great success, when we all have access to the same infrastructure? If its not infrastructure, smarts, or hardworking that leads to success, what is it that leads some people to do much better than others? Luck?

A question the Left will never answer.

The purpose of Obama's speech was to justify taxing the rich more. As it has been pointed out many times, the more context of his speech you have, the worse it looks for him.

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more.

This is the stated goal. Tax the rich more.

Everything that follows is the attempt to justify this.

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.

Here he is deliberately insulting those who did get there because they are smart.

There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.

Here he is openly jeering at those who did get where they are by hard work.

Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

The same roads and bridges every other smart and hardworking stiff had available to them.

In the 1920's, every major country had roads and bridges, but the car was developed in the USA.

Why?

How did USA roads and bridges create the automobile?

Not sure what the OP refers to but here is the exact quote, "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen"

Read more: Obama calls 'you didn't build that' furor 'bogus,' as Romney releases new ad | Fox News

Hey Frankie. Did you like it when the Dems pulled Mitts comment about firing people out of context and used it against him? Did you like that? Please post the Obama sentence spoken just before the part you quoted. You know, the comment that puts the later comment in perspective and context.

Repubs doing the same thing to Obama.

It was bull shit for Mitt and it is bull shit for Obama.

Why I bet I could even take some of your comments out of context and make you look.......... differrent than you claim to be. Hell maybe I have already done that.
Like right now, talking like you might be reasonable. LMAO.

Why do you Democrats need an Obama Context Filter? Here's EXACTLY what Obama actually said!!

:badgrin:Well you know how the left follow Ubama so much its getting harder for them to think for themselves anymore. Hopefully they will come around.

Hey Frankie. Did you like it when the Dems pulled Mitts comment about firing people out of context and used it against him? Did you like that? Please post the Obama sentence spoken just before the part you quoted. You know, the comment that puts the later comment in perspective and context.

Repubs doing the same thing to Obama.

It was bull shit for Mitt and it is bull shit for Obama.

Why I bet I could even take some of your comments out of context and make you look.......... differrent than you claim to be. Hell maybe I have already done that.
Like right now, talking like you might be reasonable. LMAO.

:badgrin:Well you know how the left follow Ubama so much its getting harder for them to think for themselves anymore. Hopefully they will come around.

I'm not so hopeful about the Left ever thinking on their own, they lost that ability

The

PolitiFact | Putting Mitt Romney's attacks on 'You didn't build that' to the Truth-O-Meter

Post bookmarked.

Don't let me catch you saying Romney outsources jobs as Factcheck.org and media outlets said that was an untrue attack against Romney ;)

You are duped AGAIN...D'OH!

Obama's Controversial Remark - Reason Magazine - Reason Articles
m.reason.com/.../95ba850cea27b064138a7c38cc8cbb66&t=2o6mm2l778t380ksb8j5mm1kp5 - Cached
2 days ago ... By investing in education, training, roads and bridges, research and technology.”
... There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create
this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed ...
scott brown | Tumblr
scott brown | Tumblr - Cached
... the audio is edited to remove the chunk of the speech in which Obama talks
about our 'great American system' and 'roads and bridges,' misleading listeners ...

You are duped AGAIN...D'OH!

yes you were Frankie......apparently for quite some time....

Cripes Franco -- the speech is up on the WH website. Go pull it you moron..
Obviously --- You're the only confused and duped one here...

Stop reading ThinkProgress and your mental function MIGHT recover...

remember....Frankie says everything you read or know is WRONG....but his sources and what he says are the real deal....

Forum List

Back