This Forum Needs to Set an Example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah except "Hate speech" is in the forum rules when you sign up.

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."
I don't see it anywhere in the site rules.

I just linked it straight from the site rules.
You didn't link, you quoted. Show me where it says it in the rules.

Here is your link. Terms of Service and Rules | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum Sorry it was too difficult for you to click on yourself.

""You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."

It clearly says not to submit hate speech or link to hate speech.
Awesome, I'm sure there's a good reason they didn't bother to post that in the site rules. Like, for example, that's terms of use, copied from every forum ever, and the site rules are in the site rules thread, posted by CK, who runs the site, and decides what rules are enforced.

"Terms of Service and Rules"

So, you're saying that the staff should ban people you disagree with.
No, he's saying the board should banish the obvious racists to keep more from migrating to the USMB and taking over.........
They can't take over the site. The racists we have here already are generally ignored and/or ridiculed, also likely kept out of social groups. I know I don't invite racists to my own personal group.

Even if he had some sort of point, hating any group or groups of people is not against the rules, so banning people for "being racist" likely won't happen. It's a slippery slope, anyway, as it's just banning people you disagree with.
Optimist or hopelessly naive?
I'm willing to say you're hopelessly naive, but I don't know you well enough to say you're not also an optimist.

No, he's saying the board should banish the obvious racists to keep more from migrating to the USMB and taking over.........
They can't take over the site. The racists we have here already are generally ignored and/or ridiculed, also likely kept out of social groups. I know I don't invite racists to my own personal group.

Even if he had some sort of point, hating any group or groups of people is not against the rules, so banning people for "being racist" likely won't happen. It's a slippery slope, anyway, as it's just banning people you disagree with.
She may like to wear jack boots..

I don't see it anywhere in the site rules.

Here is your link. Terms of Service and Rules | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum Sorry it was too difficult for you to click on yourself.

""You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."

Awesome, I'm sure there's a good reason they didn't bother to post that in the site rules. Like, for example, that's terms of use, copied from every forum ever, and the site rules are in the site rules thread, posted by CK, who runs the site, and decides what rules are enforced.

I'm fine with it if you keep repeating that instead of having a discussion, but I'd really rather you explain to me why CK omitted that from the site rules section. Or, have you got nothing?

I'm willing to say you're hopelessly naive, but I don't know you well enough to say you're not also an optimist.
Considering that response I'll have to go with hopelessly naive........ :thup:

I think this thread is providing another important purpose. Make sure to remember all the Conservatives in this thread that are here arguing in the defense of racist posters... until it gets pointed out how many racist posters support Trump and they no longer want to claim them.

I was just thinking that the really blatant scum are making others come out from under their rocks as well. They have often lied before but what little decency they had left seems to be gone.

Also, there are really very few Conservatives on this board, or Christians, for that matter. on this board. Almost all are just RWNJ fundies.

Otherwise, they would not still be supporting fascist nazis.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
That's funny shit right there! Faithless lefties deciding who is "really" a conservative, or Christian... fucking hilarious! I'm thoroughly amused at you snowflakes pissing down your legs, at the prospect of having your echo chamber muted. Priceless!

I'm fine with it if you keep repeating that instead of having a discussion, but I'd really rather you explain to me why CK omitted that from the site rules section. Or, have you got nothing?

Well, I'm not a psychic nor am I CK, so I can't speak for him. I can only share with you what is written in black and white under the "Terms of Service and RULES" section on the forum.

She may like to wear jack boots..
With whips and other leather toys? :dunno:

Well, considering your simple response, which lacked any content to continue discussion in this thread, I highly doubt you're in any position to make that judgment. Whether or not ALL of your posts are equally lacking in content remains to be seen.

Well, considering your simple response, which lacked any content to continue discussion in this thread, I highly doubt you're in any position to make that judgment. Whether or not ALL of your posts are equally lacking in content remains to be seen.
I keep it simple for simple minds...... Obviously I was too espteric, let me ramp it down a a lot more, ever tried to hold back a flood?

Well, I'm not a psychic nor am I CK, so I can't speak for him. I can only share with you what is written in black and white under the "Terms of Service and RULES" section on the forum.
Yes, you continue to share that the "terms of service", which has been copied from every forum ever, does contain that little piece you're so fond of. I, however, have shown you that the site Administrator omitted that from his own personal post containing the forum rules.

Yes, you continue to share that the "terms of service", which has been copied from every forum ever, does contain that little piece you're so fond of. I, however, have shown you that the site Administrator omitted that from his own personal post containing the forum rules.

Not sure how many times it has to be posted, but it isn't just Terms of Service.

I keep it simple for simple minds...... Obviously I was too espteric, let me ramp it down a a lot more, ever tried to hold back a flood?
I'd say it's fairly simple to keep your posts on topic and to ensure they have content to continue discussion. I'd say the fact that you failed that speaks volumes about your mental capacity. No worries, though, I understand that you likely wanted to make sure that there's plenty of room for improvement.

I feel like you meant esoteric, but maybe I just don't know the word "espteric". I'm sure it's an actual thing.

Not sure how many times it has to be posted, but it isn't just Terms of Service.

And I'm not sure how many times I have to explain to you that it's a copy+paste, and that what CK wrote was the rules section of the forum. Do I need to use smaller words for you?

And I'm not sure how many times I have to explain to you that it's a copy+paste, and that what CK wrote was the rules section of the forum. Do I need to use smaller words for you?

You keep saying it is a cut and paste job. Can you prove that? Please share how many forums have the exact same "Terms of Service and Rules"

I don't think you should try to use any larger words, since you still are having problems with the word "Rules."

I'd say it's fairly simple to keep your posts on topic and to ensure they have content to continue discussion. I'd say the fact that you failed that speaks volumes about your mental capacity. No worries, though, I understand that you likely wanted to make sure that there's plenty of room for improvement.

I feel like you meant esoteric, but maybe I just don't know the word "espteric". I'm sure it's an actual thing.
Keep diggin', it's kinda fun to watch. :thup:

You keep saying it is a cut and paste job. Can you prove that? Please share how many forums have the exact same "Terms of Service and Rules"

I don't think you should try to use any larger words, since you still are having problems with the word "Rules."
You know what, sure.

Terms of Service and Rules | EDCForums
Terms and rules
Terms of Service and Rules | LawnSite
https://www.runite.io/help/terms
Terms of Service and Rules | SJCAM Official Community Forums
Terms of Service and Rules | PrestigeMC
Terms of Service and Rules | RogueHCF - Forums
Terms of Service and Rules | The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community
https://www.rtpindia.org/help/terms
http://www.vlepsc.org/community/index.php?help/terms
And there's way more where that came from.

You know what, sure.

Terms and rules
Terms of Service and Rules | The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community
Terms of Service and Rules | Right to Privacy
Terms of Service and Rules | VLEPSC Community

Yep, it looks like it is a default piece of the XenForo software. That still doesn't change the fact it is there, and it says it is Rules.

You know what, sure.

Terms and rules

Yep, it looks like it is a default piece of the XenForo software. That still doesn't change the fact it is there, and it says it is Rules.
And THAT doesn't change the fact that the piece you keep pointing at is referenced nowhere in the site rules, written by CK, which are the ones enforced on this forum. JoeB would have been banned an eternity ago if hate speech was against the rules, AND this wouldn't be much of a politics forum if hate speech wasn't allowed.

You know what, sure.

Terms and rules

And THAT doesn't change the fact that the piece you keep pointing at is referenced nowhere in the site rules, written by CK, which are the ones enforced on this forum. JoeB would have been banned an eternity ago if hate speech was against the rules, AND this wouldn't be much of a politics forum if hate speech wasn't allowed.

In the "Site Rules" you keep referring to there is also a mention of how there are rules that are not listed and are at the discretion of the Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back