Stay safe, Stay dry, Texas

My cousins live about an hour above Austin, they should only have to worry about rain

Virtue signalling is so cool!!

1bwiel.jpg

My cousins live about an hour above Austin, they should only have to worry about rain

Well, you know, these days rain seems to be a much more dangerous thing than it was back in my youth (1950s-1970s). Back then, what people thought/said about rain was "better take an umbrella" or "wear your galoshes and a jacket." Too, I don't recall electricity going out as much as it's these days reported to do during rain storms. Something in modern rain is just different. LOL

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

My friends on the left actually DO care.

When that Flint water crises happened, one of them started a fund, gathered water, and took it to Flint. Then when those tornadoes wiped out families in Appalachia, they drove down there to assist. Some people actually do care.

Well, you know, these days rain seems to be a much more dangerous thing than it was back in my youth (1950s-1970s). Back then, what people thought/said about rain was "better take an umbrella" or "wear your galoshes and a jacket." Too, I don't recall electricity going out as much as it's these days reported to do during rain storms. Something in modern rain is just different. LOL
Yeah, the news media............

I'll bet the citizens of Texas are glad they didn't secede from the US.

We're pretty good at handling this stuff at the state level. We're not Louisiana or New Jersey; we don't sit and cry until 'everybody else' runs in and does anything. Prep here started over a week ago, well organized, lots of volunteers lined up, trucks loaded, medical supplies rounded up, power companies sending linemen and trucks from around the state ahead to assembly areas, etc. They're already responding to non-emergency calls today in many places.

Last edited:
I'll bet the citizens of Texas are glad they didn't secede from the US.

We're pretty good at handling this stuff at the state level. We're not Louisiana or New Jersey; we don't sit and cry until 'everybody else' runs in and does anything. Prep here started over a week ago, well organized, lots of volunteers lined up, trucks loaded, medical supplies rounded up, power companies sending linemen and trucks from around the state ahead to assembly areas, etc. They're already responding to non-emergency calls today in many places.

But....what about "hanging in there"? doesn't that work too?

:rofl:

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

When that Flint water crises happened, one of them started a fund, gathered water, and took it to Flint. Then when those tornadoes wiped out families in Appalachia, they drove down there to assist. Some people actually do care.

I am a realist that has no tolerance for the pretend world of the online leftists.

If you or anyone else gives a fuck about the people suffering from the hurricane. get out and do something to help. Or donate some money.

Don't start a fucking thread that says "hang in there". That's just lame!

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

I am a realist that has no tolerance for the pretend world of the online leftists.

If you or anyone else gives a fuck about the people suffering from the hurricane. get out and do something to help. Or donate some money.

Meh, personally, I think the spirit of such posts is Matthew 18:20

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

Sorry didn't realize you had a God complex. Or is it you just can't help being a complete dick?

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

If I remember correctly Zanonutz put me on iggy a while back, wasn't man enough to take his medicine. The real pathetic aspect is he had no problem when I did it to anyone he disagreed with..........

I'm a volunteer fire fighter near Bastrop TX, so far in our district we've had one vehicle end up off the road. Once we peeled his windshield out he was able to climb out.

Now we're watching the creeks. People need to stay in their houses unless they're in flood prone locations.

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

If I remember correctly Zanonutz put me on iggy a while back, wasn't man enough to take his medicine. The real pathetic aspect is he had no problem when I did it to anyone he disagreed with..........
His loss, you're one of the more intelligent, mature posters on here. You have taught me a thing or two. Everyone should listen and learn from everyone, or else their time here is a waste.

1bwiel.jpg

You are a jaded SOB.

His loss, you're one of the more intelligent, mature posters on here. You have taught me a thing or two. Everyone should listen and learn from everyone, or else their time here is a waste.
Thanks but I'm just here for the beer........ Oh wait, I quit drinking over 25 years ago........ Now why was I here again?

You are a jaded SOB.

Thanks but I'm just here for the beer........ Oh wait, I quit drinking over 25 years ago........ Now why was I here again?
It's a slightly better distraction than FarmVille :dunno:

Forum List

Back