Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know/care/other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

Until those who are somewhat in the middle take control of the conversation, there will be no stopping to this nonsense. Those on the far left and far right are controlling the conversation and agenda of each respective party, and the only thing they care about is their idiotic failed ideologies.

There really is a silent majority and they really are easy to forget about in the din that comes from the extremes. Good points.

Bears repeating, and I have nothing to add save that I agree.
How else do you control the masses and stop them from turning on you? Divide them and get them to fight among each other. Imagine if American's woke up to the reality that neither party has their best interest at heart, and that it is merely a false paradigm designed to "divide and conquer"?

The charade would be over. The lame stream media is the biggest propaganda machine in the world. Pick your poison. Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

That's why our politicians love our MSM... they keep us looking in the other direction while our politicians (both sides) run roughshod over the nation.

No kidding...

Propaganda law anyone?

Congressmen Seek To Lift Propaganda Ban

An amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on American audiences is being inserted into the latest defense authorization bill, BuzzFeed has learned.

The amendment would “strike the current ban on domestic dissemination” of propaganda material produced by the State Department and the independent Broadcasting Board of Governors, according to the summary of the law at the House Rules Committee's official website.

The tweak to the bill would essentially neutralize two previous acts—the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987—that had been passed to protect U.S. audiences from our own government’s misinformation campaigns.

The bi-partisan amendment is sponsored by Rep. Mac Thornberry from Texas and Rep. Adam Smith from Washington State.

In a little noticed press release earlier in the week — buried beneath the other high-profile issues in the $642 billion defense bill, including indefinite detention and a prohibition on gay marriage at military installations —

Thornberry warned that in the Internet age, the current law “ties the hands of America’s diplomatic officials, military, and others by inhibiting our ability to effectively communicate in a credible way.”

Bears repeating, and I have nothing to add save that I agree.
How else do you control the masses and stop them from turning on you? Divide them and get them to fight among each other. Imagine if American's woke up to the reality that neither party has their best interest at heart, and that it is merely a false paradigm designed to "divide and conquer"?

The charade would be over. The lame stream media is the biggest propaganda machine in the world. Pick your poison. Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

Exactly! And the books I alluded to upthread. Have you read them? The Balance series, by George Turtledove.

It's also a good idea not to take the words of any author as gospel. Even authors lie in their books.... it always makes me smile when people quote books as tho they are the absolute high ground of factually accurate, honesty. They really aren't. Having said that, I haven't read the series you refer to so I won't comment on it.

Exactly! And the books I alluded to upthread. Have you read them? The Balance series, by George Turtledove.

It's also a good idea not to take the words of any author as gospel. Even authors lie in their books.... it always makes me smile when people quote books as tho they are the absolute high ground of factually accurate, honesty. They really aren't. Having said that, I haven't read the series you refer to so I won't comment on it.

It's a fiction series, I described it upthread.

From Pearl Harbor to panzers rolling through Paris to the Siege of Leningrad and the Battle of Midway, war seethed across the planet as the flames of destruction rose higher and hotter.

And then, suddenly, the real enemy came.

The invaders seemed unstoppable, their technology far beyond human reach. And never before had men been more divided. For Jew to unite with Nazi, American with Japanese, and Russian with German was unthinkable.

But the alternative was even worse.

As the fate of the world hung in the balance, slowly, painfully, humankind took up the shocking challenge . . .

In the Balance (Worldwar, book 1) by Harry Turtledove

It's a fiction series, I described it upthread.

From Pearl Harbor to panzers rolling through Paris to the Siege of Leningrad and the Battle of Midway, war seethed across the planet as the flames of destruction rose higher and hotter.

And then, suddenly, the real enemy came.

The invaders seemed unstoppable, their technology far beyond human reach. And never before had men been more divided. For Jew to unite with Nazi, American with Japanese, and Russian with German was unthinkable.

But the alternative was even worse.

As the fate of the world hung in the balance, slowly, painfully, humankind took up the shocking challenge . . .

In the Balance (Worldwar, book 1) by Harry Turtledove

My bad. I didn't pay a lot of attention to that part.

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

It's an election year and what you are basically asking is for people to ignore Obama's dismal record while he is asking to keep his job. How convenient.

I think not.

Forum List

Back