Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know/care/other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The traditional Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative, Democrat/Republican dichotomy is a false and failing paradigm propagated by the powers-that-be to perpetuate division.

The true political spectrum is not a straight line but a circle: There is a point where Far Left meets Far Right, where Anarchism merges with Libertarianism and these and the rest of our outmoded labels melt away. In that point must we place our hope, for only from that point can we build a better future.

The founders intentions for congress was never to oppress the people, like this congress has been doing for many years. They never intended government take over of our lives like the healthcare mandate will do. And they certainly never intended for congress to tax the everloving shit out of it's citizens. WE THE PEOPLE run shit in this country, not congress, As they are finding out since 2010 with more to come in November 2012. YOU keep looking for government to have the answers in your life, we the people will take care of ourselves, like we have been for hundreds of years.

It was also the Founders' intention that a Congress person serve a short time, do his best and then return to his job. They would be horrified to see all the despicable life-long politicians, whose main concern is their own re-election. They would be sad to see the addled and atrophied 'brains' of old fossils who never had a real job in their lives, never had to earn a pay raise, because - conveniently - they could raise it themselves.

The country would be a much better place if there were term limits for all elected officials of both parties, and seeing the equally corrupt and free-loading so-called "Independents", for them, as well.

Yep how many career politicians will be re-upped this November?

Do you mean re-elected?

Sadly, far too many, whose 'best before' dates clearly indicate irreversible spoilage.

I will say it although no one in the first thirty posts has said it. I could easily stop with the attacks and blame game.

First, I think both sides are equally responsible for the condition we now find ourselves in.

Second, I find likeable people on both sides, even some of the unlikeable people.

Third, I would have to make this one caveat, I would have to put TM on ignore. It is not that I hate her, but rather that picking on her has become a game/addiction. I'm not so sure I could discipline myself enough to stop cold turkey.

I've attacked two other people recently, one wasn't exactly meant as an attack but it was taken to be so and escalated from there.

Yes, I could stop the attacks and the blame game, but does that mean when I am attacked that I have to wimp out and run away? Not sure I can do that.

Immie

Last edited:
I will say it although no one in the first thirty posts has said it. I could easily stop with the attacks and blame game.

First, I think both sides are equallt responsible for the condition we now find ourselves in.

Second, I find likeable people on both sides, even some of the unlikeable people.

Third, I would have to make this one caveat, I would have to put TM on ignore. It is not that I hate her, but rather that picking on her has become a game/addiction. I'm not so sure I could discipline myself enough to stop cold turkey.

I've attacked two other people recently, one wasn't exactly meant as an attack but it was taken to be so and escalated from there.

Yes, I could stop the attacks and the blame game, but does that mean when I am attacked that I have to wimp out and run away? Not sure I can do that.

Immie

I don't. If I am attacked, I will return fire, but it takes a lot for me to participate in a flame war. ADD. I can't hold that thought long enough to stick with the thread. I get bored. There have been two times I stayed the course, and the thread of one was actually removed from public view. The other was one night I went well bleep if I have NOT had enough, and The T suffered through what transpired.

Actually, this should be two separate threads.

1) Can you stop attacking your fellow board members

2) Can you stop attacking whoever represents the opposition.

Personally? I think that if you (generic 'you') can't make your point without tacking 'turd' to the end of the president's name? You aren't worth reading. Full stop, period.

The traditional Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative, Democrat/Republican dichotomy is a false and failing paradigm propagated by the powers-that-be to perpetuate division.

The true political spectrum is not a straight line but a circle: There is a point where Far Left meets Far Right, where Anarchism merges with Libertarianism and these and the rest of our outmoded labels melt away. In that point must we place our hope, for only from that point can we build a better future.

Bears repeating, and I have nothing to add save that I agree.

So when all of the blame lies squarely on the Democrats who ran shit for the last 4 years all of a sudden the blame games should stop? Of course I wont stop blaming them. Those who are in the wrong in both parties will be held accountable. I dont call it blaming, I call it holding people accountable.
You must spread some reputation before...

which party is it that now denys any good news on the economy?
The good news is not denied. It is the cause of the good news that is denied. Just because Obama is in office does not mean he should get credit every little uptick in the economy.

When you have to HOPE your country fails and hope Americans are hurting you are on the wrong side of GOOD SENSE
Obama is hoping the country fails. He is helping the country fail.

You seem to forget the 360 + filibusters the republicans staged in a unprecidented pissing on the founders intentions for the congress.

The founders intentions for congress was never to oppress the people, like this congress has been doing for many years. They never intended government take over of our lives like the healthcare mandate will do. And they certainly never intended for congress to tax the everloving shit out of it's citizens. WE THE PEOPLE run shit in this country, not congress, As they are finding out since 2010 with more to come in November 2012. YOU keep looking for government to have the answers in your life, we the people will take care of ourselves, like we have been for hundreds of years.

Complete gibberish
Actually not. You've just been brainwashed to the point of non-thinking. You non-thinkingly parrot everything spewed from the mouths of the liberal assholes that are fucking the little people blind.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Also, if SF is any indication, nobody can or should ever try to rise above the fray.

Nothing new there. c'mon BDBoop - you've been around here long enough. You know there are posters here who are just plain ignorant and they LOVE trying to drag people down into their ignorant pi$$ing contests/insult fests.

I get sucked in sometimes too - but we both know better, don't we?

So when all of the blame lies squarely on the Democrats who ran shit for the last 4 years all of a sudden the blame games should stop? Of course I wont stop blaming them. Those who are in the wrong in both parties will be held accountable. I dont call it blaming, I call it holding people accountable.
You must spread some reputation before...

which party is it that now denys any good news on the economy?
The good news is not denied. It is the cause of the good news that is denied. Just because Obama is in office does not mean he should get credit every little uptick in the economy.

Obama is hoping the country fails. He is helping the country fail.

Complete gibberish
Actually not. You've just been brainwashed to the point of non-thinking. You non-thinkingly parrot everything spewed from the mouths of the liberal assholes that are fucking the little people blind.

You voted, right? Not that it matters anymore. Everybody is making themselves pretty clear.

How else do you control the masses and stop them from turning on you? Divide them and get them to fight among each other. Imagine if American's woke up to the reality that neither party has their best interest at heart, and that it is merely a false paradigm designed to "divide and conquer"?

The charade would be over. The lame stream media is the biggest propaganda machine in the world. Pick your poison. Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

How else do you control the masses and stop them from turning on you? Divide them and get them to fight among each other. Imagine if American's woke up to the reality that neither party has their best interest at heart, and that it is merely a false paradigm designed to "divide and conquer"?

The charade would be over. The lame stream media is the biggest propaganda machine in the world. Pick your poison. Fox, CNN, MSNBC.

Exactly! And the books I alluded to upthread. Have you read them? The Balance series, by George Turtledove.

Blame is necessary when no one is offering anything more than just the same old thing. When they come up with something new that has not been a recent disaster then maybe we can talk about dropping the finger pointing.

Blame is necessary when no one is offering anything more than just the same old thing. When they come up with something new that has not been a recent disaster then maybe we can talk about dropping the finger pointing.

Again: That makes you part of the problem, not the solution, and by your own choice.

Candidates for public office generally seem to have two initiatives:

1 Make me look good to the voters.
2 Make my opponents look bad to the voters.

These techniques are used commonly by both sides.

Since Obama has no record by which to show that he is a good thing to have around, he must attempt to make Romney look bad....by attacking. He has already tried his plans to save the economy (by increased spending in a recession)...and he failed...miserably. Republicans are correct to point that out.

This kind of fighting will never stop. It is born of human nature.

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

I would not be put in a box like that. If I publicly committed to a non-attack path, then someone on the other side would take delight in parsing my words and finding some way to frame them as an attack and back me into a corner.

So, no. Everything is still on the table.

Again: That makes you part of the problem, not the solution, and by your own choice.

Hey. Didn't you just start a thread blaming all of America's problems on ... Republicans?

Yes.

I am sure of it!

But it was your own choice, afterall!

And then there are of course people who just have to be ignored (without using the ignore function, cuz that's for pussies) because nobody can remember the last time they contributed anything worth reading.

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

I would not be put in a box like that. If I publicly committed to a non-attack path, then someone on the other side would take delight in parsing my words and finding some way to frame them as an attack and back me into a corner.

So, no. Everything is still on the table.

You are right. There is no shortage of trolls on here who get off on baiting people and trying to drag them into their stupid flame-throwing tantrums. I've even seen some made into moderators on these boards. But they look stupid enough on their own - firing back only feeds them.

Until those who are somewhat in the middle take control of the conversation, there will be no stopping to this nonsense. Those on the far left and far right are controlling the conversation and agenda of each respective party, and the only thing they care about is their idiotic failed ideologies.

That's why our politicians love our MSM... they keep us looking in the other direction while our politicians (both sides) run roughshod over the nation.

Forum List

Back