Whoopsie daisy, Obama takes $1 million from a bigger than Bain private equity company

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Blackstone Group - Fortune Finance: Hedge Funds, Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Wall Street, Washington

Obama raises money from private equity, hours after bashing the industry.

FORTUNE -- At a Democratic Party fundraiser, I guess it's inappropriate to mention the elephant in the room.

President Obama last night spent time at the Park Avenue apartment of Blackstone Group (BX) president Tony James, to press the Wall Street flesh and collect $35,800 per plate. It came just hours after his campaign launched its first formal attack on Mitt Romney's record running Bain Capital -- a private equity firm not terribly dissimilar from Blackstone. Talk about awkward!

obamas-huge-double-standard-on-private-equity-was-exposed-at-2-million-fundraiser-last-night.jpg

Blackstone Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Blackstone Group L.P. (NYSE: BX) is an American-based alternative asset management and financial services company that specializes in private equity, real estate, and credit and marketable alternative investment strategies, as well as financial advisory services, such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructurings and reorganizations, and private placements.[2]
Bain Capital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bain Capital is a Boston-headquartered alternative asset management and financial services company that specializes in private equity, venture capital, credit and public market investments. Bain invests across a broad range of industry sectors and geographic regions. As of the beginning of 2012, the firm manages approximately $66 billion of investor capital across its various investment platforms.

I don't see much difference in the 2 companies here.

obamabots won't care..they just repeat the crap that come out of his mouth..useful tools I like to call them..

he says Bain is BAD...and walla..that's all we see from the parrots..

I have a feeling the private equity companies don't care what Obama says about them as long as he doesn't target them with some of that whiz bang Chicago-Style Constitutional Law (that's like the constitution, with Mexican spices).

Robmoney is being vetted by the people right now.

Obama was already vetted.

Now is it OK for people to look at what robmoney did when at Bain?

Yes it is ok for people to look at Romney with regards to Bain.

Is it ok to criticize Romney for what he did at Bain while taking a million dollars from a company that does the same thing?

lol, Obama is STILL going to be vetted for what he is doing NOW..and it ain't pretty

There is no clean money in politics. And I would say 'taking money from' is a world apart from running said company.

Too bad Romney can't just run on his dad's record. He was one of the good guys.

The vetting of Obama was just a little underdone. We know him now, we know he lies, we know he thinks Americans are stupid, we know Republicans are his enemy and the war on terror is over. It's now his war on American Republicans.

You can bet your bippy he's gonna be vetted big time, even by a dead guy! :D

There is no clean money in politics. And I would say 'taking money from' is a world apart from running said company.

So do you agree it's hypocritical for Obama to take money from a company that does the same things he rips a company for doing in his political ads?

lol, Obama is STILL going to be vetted for what he is doing NOW..and it ain't pretty

Your right , what the republican call vetting is rehashing old claims that are full of lies and didnt work last time.

its not pretty

And it wont work

So do you agree it's hypocritical for Obama to take money from a company that does the same things he rips a company for doing in his political ads?

Okay. Where do you get that I agree it's hypocritical. Money is money, honey. Everybody takes it.

Your right , what the republican call vetting is rehashing old claims that are full of lies and didnt work last time.

its not pretty

And it wont work

There are no lies in this thread.

Please stick to the topic, for once.

Okay. Where do you get that I agree it's hypocritical. Money is money, honey. Everybody takes it.

I was asking a question, I didn't know if you agreed.

I'm not sure how it wouldn't be. The message of "I have a moral issue with what you're doing, so in response I'm going to have a fundraiser at your place, shake your hands and take your money" sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

I was asking a question, I didn't know if you agreed.

I'm not sure how it wouldn't be. The message of "I have a moral issue with what you're doing, so in response I'm going to have a fundraiser at your place, shake your hands and take your money" sounds like pure hypocrisy to me.

Okay, and?

Forum List

Back