"This blame game has got to end"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BDBoop, May 24, 2012.

?

Could you stop with the attacks?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't know/care/other (specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,008
    Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

2. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    So when all of the blame lies squarely on the Democrats who ran shit for the last 4 years all of a sudden the blame games should stop? Of course I wont stop blaming them. Those who are in the wrong in both parties will be held accountable. I dont call it blaming, I call it holding people accountable.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,046
    Why is it that planners on the left and right feel the need to force others into anything? That's the fundamental flaw with your position here. You want me to stop "attacking" any member of either party...so I can be forced to into a collective solution for what YOU consider "the greater good"? Pass.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    You seem to forget the 360 + filibusters the republicans staged in a unprecidented pissing on the founders intentions for the congress.

5. Artevelde

Artevelde Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    I actually like democracy, even if the OP doesn't.

6. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    Of course they are going to filibuster spending bills that america can no longer afford. Noone will be mad at them for that, except for irresponsible people like yourself.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Political discourse has never been anything but efforts to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack the other side. Our supposed leaders engage in such behavior each day on the TV and on the Radio. How is one to engage in a battle of wits with those whose leader in the Senate sets as his only goal the defeat of a siting president?

Marx** defined politics with aplomb: "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Is there any doubt that this describes today's Congress?

** Groucho Marx

8. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,450
    Not sure of your point, is it blame or flame?

The economy, who Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, is a product of 80 plus years of interference by both Democrats and Republicans.

The wars in the middle east, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, was a direct result of an attack on America, and many on the left blame Bush for lying, which time and again has been proven a bad theory. Every top elected official believed the intelligence reports that they were given, including the prior President believed.

The financial going ons, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, which were going on before the Bush administration and is still going on.

What are we talking about when we talk blame?

9. BluePhantom

BluePhantom Educator (of liberals)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137

Well, Ms. Boop....judging by the first several responses I would say the collective answer is a resounding "no". I am waiting for someone to attack the other party for being the one who started all the attacks. BTW....just a reminder.....the last guy who went before a big group of people and suggested we should all be nice to each other for a change got nailed to a tree about 2,000 years ago. ;)

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    which party is it that now denys any good news on the economy?