This 6 minute video sums up the shocking facts of American wealth and inequality

If that's not "revenge" motivation, what is?

You say "wealth isn't infinite." The amount of "wealth" we can "invent" is greater than the number of atoms in the universe. Just keep adding zeroes. It's not that hard to create wealth.

Rush Limbaugh? Never listened to his show... not even once.

Of course it's not revenge. Progressive taxation is a reasonable principle, even if we were to assume that free markets worked perfectly, and that human nature always saw altruism triumph. It is a way of assigning resources in a way that tend to benefit all, rather than only the narrow interests of a few. Left to individuals to work out, there would be no end of bickering and self-serving. And markets and human nature are far from perfect.

Tax supports government, and government supports civilization. If you think governments role should be limited to things like the military and police, pick up a copy of one of Charles Dickens works. He described such a state of affairs.

Progressive taxation and "assigning resources" is only a reasonable idea if you're stupid enough to believe a relatively small group of politicians and bureaucrats are wise and all-knowing enough to run the economy better than the collective decisions of millions of people going about their personal business.
Lets see they spend our money to rifle through our private emails. They spend our money to feel up our children at airports, and take naked pictures of our daughters and wives. They spend our money to punish us for not buying their insurance. They spend our money to create a national police force, just as powerful as our army is so they can kill us on order from the scum bag in chief.

Clearly we are just too stupid to take care of ourselves. I mean who in their right mind would do these things to themselves?

Of course it's not revenge. Progressive taxation is a reasonable principle, even if we were to assume that free markets worked perfectly, and that human nature always saw altruism triumph. It is a way of assigning resources in a way that tend to benefit all, rather than only the narrow interests of a few. Left to individuals to work out, there would be no end of bickering and self-serving. And markets and human nature are far from perfect.

Tax supports government, and government supports civilization. If you think governments role should be limited to things like the military and police, pick up a copy of one of Charles Dickens works. He described such a state of affairs.

Progressive taxation and "assigning resources" is only a reasonable idea if you're stupid enough to believe a relatively small group of politicians and bureaucrats are wise and all-knowing enough to run the economy better than the collective decisions of millions of people going about their personal business.
Lets see they spend our money to rifle through our private emails. They spend our money to feel up our children at airports, and take naked pictures of our daughters and wives. They spend our money to punish us for not buying their insurance. They spend our money to create a national police force, just as powerful as our army is so they can kill us on order from the scum bag in chief.

Clearly we are just too stupid to take care of ourselves. I mean who in their right mind would do these things to themselves?
Well, if you have paranoia, what can you do. I think we all know that it is a medical problem. So again, it really is not your fault, RKM. Just bad luck.

Well, if you have paranoia, what can you do. I think we all know that it is a medical problem. So again, it really is not your fault, RKM. Just bad luck.

There a town in hell looking for it's idiot. Why don't to go back where you came from.

There a town in hell looking for it's idiot. Why don't to go back where you came from.
That would be your town, not mine. I know a scum bag when I see one. And that would be anyone who would call any president a scum bag. Sorry, me boy. You are a tool. And you have no integrity. Or class. Dipshit.

2) You do owe me a job. And I owe you a job. That's the way it works in a modern economy.
Nope. You are responsible for yourself. I am not responsible for you. I am a free man. If I choose to do business with you then that is between you and me. I don't owe you a damn thing and I do not require you to owe me a damn thing. Liberty. Get used to it. Would it be nice if we work together? yes Is that preferable to the alternative? yes.

My disagreement is to the FORCE implied by the term you used "owe." Owe verb - to have an obligation to pay or repay (something, esp. money) for something received. Owe something, esp. money, to (someone): "I owe you for the taxi".

The act of living does not reciprocate some debt that I now owe people jobs. It's ridiculous. People need to learn to get up off their asses and create jobs rather than sit on them waiting for someone to come along and beg them to come work for them.

You would not be were you are today, unless society, ie taxpayers by way of the state, provided for, or made possible the hospital you where born in, the schools you went to , the roads you drive on, the airports you fly out of, the arrangements for the imported goods you buy, and endless other services. You are a product of those who have gone before. The scientists who invented things to make your life fuller, the social activists and political leaders that created the democracy we live in today. Have you paid all these people? What were you able to give them?

The notion that you are "free", and independent of all, relates to your ego, but not to economics or sociology. Unless you are going to find yourself an abandoned piece of desert somewhere, and grow your own crops, and refuse all modern medical and technical aid, and education for your kids, then you are a part of the system, and have responsibilities as well as rights. You may fantasize about being the Marlboro Man, but you are not. And if everyone did that within our crowded world, we would soon have a situation that would make Somalia seem like a holiday destination.

Congratulations Auteur. Not only have you very successfully conveyed an idea I have tried many times to put across, you've done it in such a way as to render the Marlboro Men in the audience completely mute after over a day and several pages of discussion. Well done!

Nope. You are responsible for yourself. I am not responsible for you. I am a free man. If I choose to do business with you then that is between you and me. I don't owe you a damn thing and I do not require you to owe me a damn thing. Liberty. Get used to it. Would it be nice if we work together? yes Is that preferable to the alternative? yes.

My disagreement is to the FORCE implied by the term you used "owe." Owe verb - to have an obligation to pay or repay (something, esp. money) for something received. Owe something, esp. money, to (someone): "I owe you for the taxi".

The act of living does not reciprocate some debt that I now owe people jobs. It's ridiculous. People need to learn to get up off their asses and create jobs rather than sit on them waiting for someone to come along and beg them to come work for them.

You would not be were you are today, unless society, ie taxpayers by way of the state, provided for, or made possible the hospital you where born in, the schools you went to , the roads you drive on, the airports you fly out of, the arrangements for the imported goods you buy, and endless other services. You are a product of those who have gone before. The scientists who invented things to make your life fuller, the social activists and political leaders that created the democracy we live in today. Have you paid all these people? What were you able to give them?

The notion that you are "free", and independent of all, relates to your ego, but not to economics or sociology. Unless you are going to find yourself an abandoned piece of desert somewhere, and grow your own crops, and refuse all modern medical and technical aid, and education for your kids, then you are a part of the system, and have responsibilities as well as rights. You may fantasize about being the Marlboro Man, but you are not. And if everyone did that within our crowded world, we would soon have a situation that would make Somalia seem like a holiday destination.

Congratulations Auteur. Not only have you very successfully conveyed an idea I have tried many times to put across, you've done it in such a way as to render the Marlboro Men in the audience completely mute after over a day and several pages of discussion. Well done!
Is this your pic Joe?
dead-cheerleader-costume.jpg

That would be your town, not mine. I know a scum bag when I see one. And that would be anyone who would call any president a scum bag. Sorry, me boy. You are a tool. And you have no integrity. Or class. Dipshit.

Scum bag:
scumbag-obama-nsa-meme.jpg

If that's not "revenge" motivation, what is?

You say "wealth isn't infinite." The amount of "wealth" we can "invent" is greater than the number of atoms in the universe. Just keep adding zeroes. It's not that hard to create wealth.

Rush Limbaugh? Never listened to his show... not even once.

I see. So if, as some suggest, the US reinstitutes tariffs on Chinese goods, because of their perceived currency manipulation, are you going to make the phone call to Beijing? Or are you going to calculation the rate? Oh, wait a minute, Bobby down the street says he doesn't want to go along. Wait again, Flow next door says yes, but keep it at 2.5%. Jeez, what to do? Hmmm, maybe we should have some sort of authorized body to make these sort of decisions, one that we could change every few years if we don't like the general direction they are taking. Hmmm....

You are taking your direction from high school level economics texts. Consumer choice is much more limited than what is presented in economics 101, and flawed in a number of aspects. Left to its own devices, free markets will deviate ever more from pro-social activities, and eventually bring ruin. This happened in the 1930's, and almost happened again in 2008. We were only saved the last time around due to the application of FDR style social democratic principles.

OK, you say, we'll have an organization, but with business people, not those "government" dummys? Who do you think runs things in the US? Even with the Obama administration, there has been a revolving door between Wall Street, the coroporate world in general, and Washington. Goldman Sachs today, head of the Federal Reserve tomorrow. And back again. You already have business running the place. Who the heck did you think these folks were?

Theoretically, we could do away with all taxes, and contract out government services to the private sector, Tea Party style.
The sad thing is, the US is already headed down the road to that law of the jungle. It is almost laughable that you are writing about taxes being theft, when you live in one of the lower tax regimes in the world, and at the same time the "theft" by those at the top of the financial world, and by the power elite of the business community is reaching science fiction proportions.

I've never met someone from the Tea Party that wants to do away with all taxes. Your just making shit up.

Taxes and laws do not guarantee the government will do it's job. Sadly the dirt bag scum we are electing, like Obama, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, ... pretty much guarantee they won't do their job.

There are no guarantees in life. What sort of guarantees do you think you will get from Exxon, or Goldman Sachs, or Microsoft? (It's a rhetorical question.)

OK. Good deal. You are out of the closet. A true right wing nut case scum bag. Got it.

Just think. If you did not spend your time looking at such far, far, far, far right wing nut case web sites, you could possibly have made a rational point of two along the way. But then, you prefer to be a tool. Believe one side of things, and deliver the bat shit crazy conservative sermons of your heroes, who control you. Good deal.

Taxation without representation (aka government thieving) is exactly what motivated us to become our own country.

We're pretty much there again.

Actually it wasn't. The British sovereign at the time offered the American colonists representation in parliament, MPs to be present and vote upon taxation and other matters. The offer was refused. Two other major goals of the revolutionaries were seizing aboriginal land to the west, which at the time Britain opposed, and also a dream of capitalism with as few restraints as possible, such as low or no taxes. Sound familiar? It should. As usual, the Hollywood version of history is what tends to be remembered.

LOL, take a look at the other colonies that were promised things by the British during those times and get back to us with one that they kept 100%.
LOL, you trying to shit us that Parliament would have supported lowering taxes in the colonies? Right, we sure would have a lot of clout across the pond in Parliament.
Geez dude, you are the one with the Hollywood version.
The British were notorious for not backing up on their promises all the way up to the 1960s with their colonial rule.
Look how well we did with low or no taxes. The British opposed expansion because of treaties with other countries at the time.

You would never guess it from reading American text books, but the inhabitants of the eastern seaboard of North America in the 1770s were British. They thought of themselves that way, and a majority were either against any sort of separation from the home country, or ambivalent about it.

The issue of taxes comes from the desires of a certain number of entrepreneurs, who were doing quite well in the new world, to do even better by not paying any taxes at all. There was nothing particularly onerous about these taxes. People in Britain also paid taxes, but there were some in the colonies who wanted a free ride- ie, you provide the military when needed, and we don't pay. The situation would be the same today as if, for example, Texas said to Washington: we're not paying any taxes. Other Americans can pay, and we want to still have the services of defense, and some other items from the federal government, but we won't pay. That would go over well, won't it?

The irony is that as soon as independence was granted, guess what? The federal government started collecting taxes! And there was yet another rebellion, because some didn't want their money to go all the way to Washington, or go anywhere at all. How much clout would us folks down here in S Carolina, or up here in Massachusetts have all the way over there in Washington, they thought? Damn them all.

The US did not "do well" because of low taxes. In fact, some of the most prosperous times ever were during the highest tax regimes ever, ie the 1950's. The US did well because it was opening a relatively undeveloped continent, and had the advantage of seizing new land from aboriginals, or taking it from other countries by force, utilizing the economies of slave labour, and later low cost labour from massive immigration, and also because it was isolated from some of the worst events in history by the safety of two oceans.

It's different now.

Maybe it is in NY. I live in TX. I don't know anyone that has trouble getting work of some kind here. You may have to take a pay cut sometimes. You may have to keep looking to get your dream job. That's life.
It all depends on what's at stake when having to take that pay cut in life in which you are easily and loosely speaking of, and how much that pay cut will be, along with the possible exploitation that could come along with it in which is almost always in play here. So if there is to much at stake in your life at the wrong time (you could potentially fall and take your family down with you). This is why some kind of security blanket is needed to sustain you until you get on to the next job that can handle your needs in the situation that which you just had been thrown out of, and sadly thrown out of not by your own doings or makings did this happen.

We all have been here in this situation these days, and it isn't a fun or good place to be in ones life. There are supposed to be checks and balancing always built into the system that will insure responsibility before just giving money away to people whom do not deserve it, and giving it away to them for to long also, but if the system becomes full of those that are now working within it, and in which begins helping people whom may not need the help so much so, yet because they are of a group that is set to be helped by these insiders who are charged by others to help them, and this no matter what or whether they qualify for it or not, then Houston we have a huge problem going on, and it has been going on for way to long now. This has become a serious problem over the years, and it has led to people whom do need the help to not getting it when they need it, and instead the scammers or made dependent groups, grifters or others getting it instead. Reforming the system quickly to make it more efficient is the only answer, but the idea of redistribution by way of any means necessary corrupts the system further has been a huge mistake, and it is not the answer for those whom truly deserve the help and don't get it, and all because groups are being helped by the government either from those insiders who had gotten power within the government in this way to do this or by the influence of the very groups upon the government in which turns the whole thing upside down thus causing the problems in which we are suffering from greatly today.

Also another thing that is at play in all of this, and that is when the government starts allocating moneys to any programs they think is necessary to sustain whom they think needs it to be sustained in all of this, then the private sector begins lining up in order to take advantage of this opportunity to make money themselves off of this move, and it even relieves responsibilities of the private sector to try and do the right thing in order to make this nation strong and independent in everyway that it can. Otherwise to much intervention by government into many of these things becomes a huge exploited thing by those who are much smarter than the government is and ever will be in the game, and it has been proven so by all that we see that has gone on since in these things.

Last edited:
^ typical marxist.

News flash. We don't owe you a job. We don't owe you food. We don't owe you shelter. We don't owe you an education. We don't owe you a flat screen TV. We don't owe you diddly squat. You want to raise a family, go for it. You want a job? Get off your ass and start working.. voila you have a job.

Two news flashes for you:

1) I'm not talking about Marxism. I'm talking about social democracy. If you don't understand the difference between the two, then you should do some supplementary reading before posting any more here.

That you pretend there's a difference makes me laugh. That your pretense is so utterly lame and obvious makes me laugh harder.

2) You do owe me a job. And I owe you a job. That's the way it works in a modern economy. We live in a complex machine in which each of us, as individuals, have limited control. Yes, each should do the best they can, but there are myriad factors that cannot be controlled by private individuals.

So insanity is hereditary with you, is that what you're telling us?

Your assumption that anyone can get a job is a good example. There is a trend away from full employment in the mature industrial countries today, caused by various factors, and from a macroscopic viewpoint, it matters not one wit how lazy or enthusiastic each worker is. These are problems that can only be dealt with at a political level. Simplistic solutions, Tea Party style, like giving everyone a shovel, might satisfy those whose testosterone levels frequently overrule higher functions, but will actually do nothing for the problem at hand.

"Simplistic solutions" = the idea that human beings can take care of themselves without leftist help.

Last edited:
Theoretically, we could do away with all taxes, and contract out government services to the private sector, Tea Party style.
The sad thing is, the US is already headed down the road to that law of the jungle. It is almost laughable that you are writing about taxes being theft, when you live in one of the lower tax regimes in the world, and at the same time the "theft" by those at the top of the financial world, and by the power elite of the business community is reaching science fiction proportions.

I've never met someone from the Tea Party that wants to do away with all taxes. Your just making shit up.

Taxes and laws do not guarantee the government will do it's job. Sadly the dirt bag scum we are electing, like Obama, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, ... pretty much guarantee they won't do their job.
You are an idiot. You keep believing your bat shit crazy con tool bosses. Tax rates in the us are not high by comparison to other countries, or by comparison to our history in the past 70 years. But, being a tool, you do not actually have any idea. You just believe what you are told. Which makes you, in technical terms, a dip shit:

"federal taxes are at their lowest level in more than 60 years. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that federal taxes would consume just 14.8 percent of G.D.P. this year. The last year in which revenues were lower was 1950, according to the Office of Management and Budget."
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...h-or-low/?_r=0

"And the CBO’s new figures offer further confirmation that as things stand, Washington is taking a smaller slice of the average American’s earnings — at just about every level — than at any time in decades."
Tax Facts: Lowest Rates in 30 Years

"U.S. taxes are low relative to those in other developed countries. In 2008 U.S. taxes at all levels of government claimed 26 percent of GDP, compared with an average of 35 percent of GDP for the 33 member countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
How do US taxes compare internationally?

That is for ALL taxes, federal, state, and local. And of the 34 developed countries, only 3 have lower rates: Chile, Turkey, and Mexico. Which country would you rather live in, dipshit??

I would suggest you get a clue and read a little before posting drivel. But we all know that is not going to happen. You love posting drivel. Makes you angry. And you love being angry.

And the tea party does not want to do away with taxes??? What world have you been living on. I have been to three of their events. And you are either a liar, or you are just plain ignorant. They do indeed want to do away with taxes. I listened to a guy speak for 30 minutes of so on just that subject at one meeting. But in all cases, they rail on how taxes are way to high and need to be eliminated.

2) You do owe me a job. And I owe you a job. That's the way it works in a modern economy.

Yes, people NEVER got born before "society" provided hospitals. They never got educated without schools - especially liberal-run public schools. They never transported anything without government-funded roads or airports. And most importantly, commerce and economic interaction between human beings is NOT a matter of free individuals pursuing their own interests and voluntarily interacting. It's some sort of fucking CHARITABLE DONATION TO YOUR EXISTENCE, arranged by the benevolent and all-knowing leftist elites among us and requires you to be eternally grateful in the form of giving them more control over your existence.

Your view of the world would be scary, if I didn't suspect it meant that you're too stupid to understand the mechanics of reproducing.

You are an idiot. You keep believing your bat shit crazy con tool bosses. Tax rates in the us are not high by comparison to other countries, or by comparison to our history in the past 70 years. But, being a tool, you do not actually have any idea. You just believe what you are told. Which makes you, in technical terms, a dip shit:

"federal taxes are at their lowest level in more than 60 years. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that federal taxes would consume just 14.8 percent of G.D.P. this year. The last year in which revenues were lower was 1950, according to the Office of Management and Budget."
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...h-or-low/?_r=0

"And the CBO’s new figures offer further confirmation that as things stand, Washington is taking a smaller slice of the average American’s earnings — at just about every level — than at any time in decades."
Tax Facts: Lowest Rates in 30 Years

"U.S. taxes are low relative to those in other developed countries. In 2008 U.S. taxes at all levels of government claimed 26 percent of GDP, compared with an average of 35 percent of GDP for the 33 member countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
How do US taxes compare internationally?

That is for ALL taxes, federal, state, and local. And of the 34 developed countries, only 3 have lower rates: Chile, Turkey, and Mexico. Which country would you rather live in, dipshit??

I would suggest you get a clue and read a little before posting drivel. But we all know that is not going to happen. You love posting drivel. Makes you angry. And you love being angry.

And the tea party does not want to do away with taxes??? What world have you been living on. I have been to three of their events. And you are either a liar, or you are just plain ignorant. They do indeed want to do away with taxes. I listened to a guy speak for 30 minutes of so on just that subject at one meeting. But in all cases, they rail on how taxes are way to high and need to be eliminated.
They mostly are about eliminating income taxes right ? I mean they know that taxation is needed to fund the government, but they are trying to get at the problem of redistribution by way of taxation in which the government is trying to do with every ones incomes or wants to do more of with every ones incomes is what they are mainly against right ?

Yes, people NEVER got born before "society" provided hospitals. They never got educated without schools - especially liberal-run public schools. They never transported anything without government-funded roads or airports. And most importantly, commerce and economic interaction between human beings is NOT a matter of free individuals pursuing their own interests and voluntarily interacting. It's some sort of fucking CHARITABLE DONATION TO YOUR EXISTENCE, arranged by the benevolent and all-knowing leftist elites among us and requires you to be eternally grateful in the form of giving them more control over your existence.

Your view of the world would be scary, if I didn't suspect it meant that you're too stupid to understand the mechanics of reproducing.

You're apparently too stupid to understand the mechanics of living in an advanced technological society. There was a time when people could live in caves, find something to kill and then eat, root around for berries and such but this is not that time. How long do you think you'd last without some money coming in? Maybe you could try it for a month and then post your results if you survive.

Think so? Then, as I suspected, you have no idea of what Marxism is.

That zero percent personal income tax rate applies only to those whose incomes are below the poverty level. What would you have them do, pay a tax on Monday and qualify for welfare on Tuesday?

A progressive assessment imposed on those who can pay millions of dollars in personal income tax without it affecting their lifestyles in any way is more than fair. In fact it is merciful compared to what I advocate -- which is confiscation of every penny of personal wealth in excess of twenty million dollars! And as bad as I'm sure you think that is, it still is a hell of a lot better than Marxism. So you need to do a little reading before tossing around those "Marxist" and "Socialist" accusations.

You're missing the point. Start with unquestionably unearned wealth first, and you may not have to go beyond that. Above-average inheritance and trust funds must be confiscated. Given an undeserved head start, the spoiled-rotten children of the rich will become a cancer on society. So they must be cut off from Daddy's Money at age 18. If we have to do it on our own, so must they.
Class envy much? Break up all families? What an ass hole you are. You have sex with your Union boss? You want to leave your inheritance to your union? WOW

If your precious little boy can't get ahead in adult life without his Daddy's money, that's tough shit.

Forum List

Back