things are starting to heat up

As the employment begins to pick up, more discouraged workers will report BLS that they are no longer discouraged workers, and then be counted as unemployed.

Haven't looked at the various unemplyment stats to see if that theory is supported by the numbers, but that is my understanding of how we can see an increase in jobs, while not decrease in unemployment.

Prime example of what you can do with numbers on a piece of paper,the fact remains,there are millions of people out of work,so what if they are discouraged and some how have fallen of the LIST they are still unemployed,and most likely getting help along the way,so its a double wammy,they cost more for everyone else to help them and are not putting back into the system through taxes.

Who would you believe??? DC or the guy trying to buy food??

So what, you ask? That's actually a damned fine question and thank you for asking.

Unemployment numbers are based on SURVEYS and based on what people REPORT to BLS.

So if people formerly decribing themselves as not working and also NOT LOOKING FOR WORK, that number was reflected in a different unemployment statistic than the one that is normally reported by the MSM.

Conversely, if large numbers of those people who formerly reported that they were discouraged workers, but now that they're looking for work again, then they fall into another catagory than they had been and that is reflected in the unemplyment number that the MSM typically tells us about.

Its a tad confusing to decribe in text, I know, but there are more than ONE unemplyment number publishing by BLS. There are THREE numbers reported by the BLS, not one.

And discouraged workers are only reported as being unemployed on some of those BLS published numbers.

The problem isn't with the statistics of the BLS, the problem is that you are only reading ONE of their stats because the MSM is fucking too stupid or lazy (take your pick) to report ALL the numbers.

I agree,basically the point I was attempting to make,and to add its not just the MSM .
walk down main street talk to people the truth rises to the top.We have lots to do befor we are back in any kind of shape.

Bernanke

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index has gained 13.5 percent since the Federal Reserve chairman announced on Nov. 3 the plan to buy Treasuries through its so-called quantitative easing policy. Government bond yields show investors expect consumer prices to rise in line with historical averages. The riskiest companies are obtaining credit at the cheapest borrowing costs ever and Fed data show that commercial and industrial loans outstanding are rising for the first time since 2008.

“Looking at market indicators, you have to be convinced it’s been a success,” said Bradley Tank, chief investment officer for fixed-income in Chicago at Neuberger Berman Fixed Income LLC, which oversees about $83 billion. “When you get into periods of aggressive central bank easing, and we’re clearly in the most aggressive period of easing that we’ve ever seen, the markets tend to lead the real economy.”

I know you try to post stuff that makes you look smart but it hardly ever works because, well, you're not that smart.

GDP (Gross Domestic Product, the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States) fell from 3.1 to 1.8%.
News Release: Gross Domestic Product

That means the economy is slowing down. Did you see that article about housing prices doing the "double dip"? That means fewer people are buying homes so the prices go down. Why are fewer people buying homes? Because fewer people have jobs (unemployment numbers up). And just why do fewer people have jobs? Because we have a complete incompetent in the White House who's only success lately has come from the very military he hates.

I'm sure you could fool complete hacks like rdean and Shaman with this, but any informed person who is honest with himself can see that the economy sucks.

Last edited:
Now its the Fed's job to pump up the stock market? Weird
Complete hacks like TM are so blinded by partisanship to see that "Quantitative Easing", is just a hidden tax (inflation) on all Americans. Banks use that free money to buy stocks for themselves.

Ben Bernanke and his cronies at the Privately Owned Federal Reserve are the biggest criminals in the history of this nation.

I know you like to post stuff that make you look smart but it hardly ever works because, well, you're not that smart.

GDP (Gross Domestic Product, the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States) fell from 3.1 to 1.8%.

That means the economy is slowing down. Did you see that article about housing prices doing the "double dip"? That means fewer people are buying homes so the prices go down. Why are fewer people buying homes? Because fewer people have jobs (unemployment numbers up). And just why do fewer people have jobs? Because we have a complete incompetent in the White House who's only success lately has come from the very military he hates.

I'm sure you could fool complete hacks like rdean and Shaman with this, but any informed person who is honest with himself can see that the economy sucks.

I watched part of a segment on the news yesterday in regards to the housing market. Seems those who bought property with the help of the federal tax credit, are now seeing a decline in value of their new homes. What the government did was put a bandaid on the big boo boo known as the housing market that just prolonged the inevitable.

... you're not that smart. GDP (Gross Domestic Product, the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States) fell from 3.1 to 1.8%. That means the economy is slowing down.

No, it means output's still increasing but at a rate less than last quarter's.

...fewer people are buying homes so the prices go down...
Actually the latest numbers for home prices and homes sold are up from a few months ago (link to graph here). OK, just barely up, but hell, up is not down.

I know you like to post stuff that make you look smart but it hardly ever works because, well, you're not that smart.

I watched part of a segment on the news yesterday in regards to the housing market. Seems those who bought property with the help of the federal tax credit, are now seeing a decline in value of their new homes. What the government did was put a bandaid on the big boo boo known as the housing market that just prolonged the inevitable.

25% of mortgages are reportedly underwater.

We are no where near the end of the "Everybody Deserves To Own A Home" fracas.

Nothing like inflation to make things look as if they're getting better.

But inflation is the goal here, because there is no better way to pay off trillions in debt than with highly inflated dollars.

In fact, it's unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

Complete hacks like TM are so blinded by partisanship to see that "Quantitative Easing", is just a hidden tax (inflation) on all Americans. Banks use that free money to buy stocks...

We all like believing things that prove we're better than others, though I've had bad experiences caused by believing things contrary to reality.

The following don't match with what we can see as fact elsewhere:

--The constitution forbids Congress' using the Fed to create money.

--This has caused too much inflation.

--It's helped the rich at the expense of the poor.​

Can't technically agree with you on that. in spirit i do, but there is not a clause that prevents delegation of powers. Your interpretation also prevents all administrative agencies from regulating-leaving only legislative agencies to 'create laws'. While i agree that delegation should not occur outside of the branch of government that authority was assigned, there is not a clause that says it cannot. spirit of the founders says no, literal interpretation says yes.

Weird?

On that we agree.

Sadly it is also TYPICAL.

And you know, Cru, I'll bet we're even on the same page about why this isn't healthy for this nation, too.

I doubt we have the same idea of the solution, but I suspect we can agree on at least what a BIG part of the problem is.

Weird?

On that we agree.

Sadly it is also TYPICAL.

And you know, Cru, I'll bet we're even on the same page about why this isn't healthy for this nation, too.

I doubt we have the same idea of the solution, but I suspect we can agree on at least what a BIG part of the problem is.

Pos Rep headed your way

Can't technically agree with you on that. in spirit i do, but there is not a clause that prevents delegation of powers. Your interpretation also prevents all administrative agencies from regulating-leaving only legislative agencies to 'create laws'. While i agree that delegation should not occur outside of the branch of government that authority was assigned, there is not a clause that says it cannot. spirit of the founders says no, literal interpretation says yes.

The Fed does not create money, at least as defined under the law. The Treasury issues all currency and debt of the United States, not the Fed.

Forum List

Back