things are starting to heat up

Apple admits child labor growing problem at its China factories | Marketplace From American Public Media

After an audit of Apple's suppliers in China, the tech giant has found instances of underage labor, unsafe working conditions and improper handling of toxic chemicals. Rob Schmitz explains Apple's newly released Supplier Responsibility report.

GOP senator: Federal ban on child labor is unconstitutional

Newly minted Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah said in a lecture posted to his YouTube channel that Congressional laws banning child labor are forbidden by the US Constitution.

GOP senator: Federal ban on child labor is unconstitutional

Now we are competing with Children. And the Republican solution is to be more like China?

Our economy is growing. Republicans are going to pull another "Bin Laden" and take credit.

Did you even read your own link? Senator Lee is just saying Child Labor Laws should be done at the state level rather than at the federal level. I don't agree with that, we should have a federal standard about that, but that is a long way from your insinuation that he is against child labor laws period. The GOP solution is not to be more like China, that is a totally ridiculous charge to make.

I don't think there's much credit deserved for the current state of our economy. The dollar is tanking, real inflation is growing, housing still sucks, and there's a whole lot of people out of work. It ain't exactly time yet to start crowing about anything.

What Lee is stating is that he wants to see states able to go back to the days before child labor laws. That is the only possible reason for taking that position, for that would be the result.

How the fuck do you know what the result would be if only States had Child Labor Laws?

You're pitiful record on "global warming" predictions certainly doesn't give you any credability.

oh the myopia...............

Indeed, all of your graphics are 2+ years old.

That's typical of sparky also known as chicken steve on other forums,he uses outdated news and obscure websites to back up his gloom and doom attitude.He's been hoping and predicting the fall of the dollar for the last 8-9years,yet he's too scared to put up any money where his mouth is to short the dollar.

Last edited:
Solid jobs report shows economy strengthening - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

The U.S. economy added a stronger-than-expected 244,000 jobs in April, the Labor Department said Friday, as employers continued the solid pace of job creation seen in the prior two months.

The number of jobs created last month was well above the 185,000 new jobs that analysts had predicted, the government reported. Private employers created 268,000 jobs — the most since February 2006.

Nothing to get horribly excited about...but third straight month above 200,000 jobs

Thankfully, we passed Obama's Stimulus to keep unemployment below 8%

Obama was an idiot

If he had used the entire stimulus to create jobs instead of setting aside 40% for tax cuts to appease Republicans who voted against it anyway....he could have kept unemployment below 8%

Dumbest move he ever made next to extending the Bush tax cuts

I dont know why the unemployment rate would go up then. Hows that work? Thats the important thing I guess. In the end more people are out of work than there were the month before. Not good.

I dont know why the unemployment rate would go up then. Hows that work? Thats the important thing I guess. In the end more people are out of work than there were the month before. Not good.

Unemployment went up because more people rejoined the list of people looking for work...

What does the unemployment number measure? People who collect unemployment insurance? Or all the people who are actually unemployed?

What does the unemployment number measure? People who collect unemployment insurance? Or all the people who are actually unemployed?

Unemployment is defined as those people who did no work for pay during the reference week (for April it was the 10th-16th), and actively looked for work in the previous 4 weeks. Eligibility or receipt of unemployment insurance has never been part of the definition.

The Unemployment rate is the percent of the Labor Force that is Unemployed. The Labor Force is Employed + Unemployed (in short, everyone actually available to work).

Any "new" jobs number that is below 250,000 is bad news.
Period. Get over it.
Jobless numbers are still 9% (as reported, number is of course significantly higher than that) - and 9% is abysmal.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

Period. Get over it.
Jobless numbers are still 9% (as reported, number is of course significantly higher than that) - and 9% is abysmal.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

If gaining 250,000 jobs a month is bad news

What do you call losing 750,000 a month like we did under Bush?

Period. Get over it.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

Lesser bad news. :eusa_eh:

Don't forget... 62,000 of that is Mickey D's hiring burger flippers.. (Remember: burger flipping jobs back in the Boooooosh days were supposedly nothing to get excited about)...

Do local governments and congress have any affect, bad or good, on the economy? or is it all just the President? How bout the businesses themselves? Isn't this a lot more complicated then giving credit or blame to one dude?

Don't forget... 62,000 of that is Mickey D's hiring burger flippers.. (Remember: burger flipping jobs back in the Boooooosh days were supposedly nothing to get excited about)...

Those will show up next month

Period. Get over it.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

62,000 of these jobs were low level low paying jobs with MCDonald's.When Bush was President these jobs didn't really count according to Pelosi,Reid and that bunch.When it happens during Obama's Reign these numbers are outstanding and the President should be given another Nobel Prize for economics.

Now we hit hit 9% unemployment and Pelosi is going on and on about the incredible news about the economy.

These are crazy times we live in my friends....I wish one just one Lib would be honest here for a change.The economy BLOWS..... :(

Forum List

Back