things are starting to heat up

Any "new" jobs number that is below 250,000 is bad news.
Period. Get over it.
Jobless numbers are still 9% (as reported, number is of course significantly higher than that) - and 9% is abysmal.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

If gaining 250,000 jobs a month is bad news

What do you call losing 750,000 a month like we did under Bush?

62,000 of these jobs were low level low paying jobs with MCDonald's.When Bush was President these jobs didn't really count according to Pelosi,Reid and that bunch.When it happens during Obama's Reign these numbers are outstanding and the President should be given another Nobel Prize for economics.

Now we hit hit 9% unemployment and Pelosi is going on and on about the incredible news about the economy.

These are crazy times we live in my friends....I wish one just one Lib would be honest here for a change.The economy BLOWS..... :(

Those McDonalds workers earn a respectable GOP approved minimum wage

62,000 of these jobs were low level low paying jobs with MCDonald's.When Bush was President these jobs didn't really count according to Pelosi,Reid and that bunch.When it happens during Obama's Reign these numbers are outstanding and the President should be given another Nobel Prize for economics.

Now we hit hit 9% unemployment and Pelosi is going on and on about the incredible news about the economy.

These are crazy times we live in my friends....I wish one just one Lib would be honest here for a change.The economy BLOWS..... :(

Those McDonalds workers earn a respectable GOP approved minimum wage

Yeh I know they should be union jobs with 14 weeks vacation paid,unlimited sick time,company paid pensions,health care paid for by the company,paid dental coverage.

Again the point remains....when it was bush these were not real jobs,when it's the chosen one these are the best jobs in the world and signal a robust thriving economy. :lol:

*shrugs*, it tells me the experts don't really have any idea wtf is going on with the economy, ADP put out 172k, the others Bloomberg etc. 185, they all missed it by 75K or so, hello.

1.8% gdp.

in the first quarter of 2011 we have created approx. 200K net jobs....pardon me while I swoon.

Last edited:
Thankfully, we passed Obama's Stimulus to keep unemployment below 8%

I remember the summer of recovery that they were saying was going to happen during the summer of 2010....

Well maybe it will happen during the summer of....

hey what the heck maybe we don't really need people working.I know the cleaning staff at the White House love their jobs....there's nothing for them to do since the President is never there.He's always on the road in perpetual campaign mode....

Maybe one of these days the economy might be something he could look into to see hoe he can help companies in a position to hire again.:eusa_shhh:

Thankfully, we passed Obama's Stimulus to keep unemployment below 8%

I remember the summer of recovery that they were saying was going to happen during the summer of 2010....

Well maybe it will happen during the summer of....

hey what the heck maybe we don't really need people working.I know the cleaning staff at the White House love their jobs....there's nothing for them to do since the President is never there.He's always on the road in perpetual campaign mode....

Maybe one of these days the economy might be something he could look into to see hoe he can help companies in a position to hire again.:eusa_shhh:

the question is; will if the unemployment rate is say 8.5% and the real rate is 17% will the country give him more rope? they did in 36...

George W Bush had the worse job creation record of any recent President.

Barack Obama Created More Jobs In One Year Than George Bush Created In Eight Years | Financial Advisors, Investments, Fixed Index Annuities and Retirement Planning Blog | Sean Browne | annuities,guaranteed withdrawal benefits,lifetime income,index an

Responding the jobs report, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) noted that President Obama and the Democratic Congress have created “more jobs in 2010 than President Bush did over eight years.”

Period. Get over it.
Jobless numbers are still 9% (as reported, number is of course significantly higher than that) - and 9% is abysmal.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

where did in this thread did I post anything dishonest?

Period. Get over it.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

Less than the 1.5 million we lost last month under Obama...

Period. Get over it.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

Less than the 1.5 million we lost last month under Obama...

Jobs went up. 1.5 million is UI claims...people also got hired. So total jobs went up.

Period. Get over it.

Recovery my ass.
What utter stupidity.

All those jobs were lost when democrats took over congress in 2007. Bush had no control over jobs legislation. Republicans were adding jobs far faster than population growth. Democrats took control & destroyed 14 million jobs. It has been 4-1/2 years of total democrat control & they have yet to ever create more jobs than population growth. The employment to population ratio has always been negative since the democrats took control.

fredgraph.png

George W Bush had the worse job creation record of any recent President.

Barack Obama Created More Jobs In One Year Than George Bush Created In Eight Years | Financial Advisors, Investments, Fixed Index Annuities and Retirement Planning Blog | Sean Browne | annuities,guaranteed withdrawal benefits,lifetime income,index an

Responding the jobs report, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) noted that President Obama and the Democratic Congress have created “more jobs in 2010 than President Bush did over eight years.”

smiley-laughing024.gif
The only jobs the federal govt creates are government jobs you idiot. Obama does not "create” private sector jobs, all they can do is get out of the way and let the private economy do what it does. That's not what Obama is doing. Are there most jobs now then when Obama took office? We’ve lost millions of jobs because of the policies of Obama and his cronies, look at all the wavers from the stupid health care law that have been granted, if not for those wavers we'd have lost even more jobs. you libs are friken joke

Last edited:
Last month the number of people on food stamps increased the same as the supposed number of jobs created.:confused:

As the employment begins to pick up, more discouraged workers will report BLS that they are no longer discouraged workers, and then be counted as unemployed.

Haven't looked at the various unemplyment stats to see if that theory is supported by the numbers, but that is my understanding of how we can see an increase in jobs, while not decrease in unemployment.

As the employment begins to pick up, more discouraged workers will report BLS that they are no longer discouraged workers, and then be counted as unemployed.

Haven't looked at the various unemplyment stats to see if that theory is supported by the numbers, but that is my understanding of how we can see an increase in jobs, while not decrease in unemployment.

Prime example of what you can do with numbers on a piece of paper,the fact remains,there are millions of people out of work,so what if they are discouraged and some how have fallen of the LIST they are still unemployed,and most likely getting help along the way,so its a double wammy,they cost more for everyone else to help them and are not putting back into the system through taxes.

Who would you believe??? DC or the guy trying to buy food??

Prime example of what you can do with numbers on a piece of paper,the fact remains,there are millions of people out of work,so what if they are discouraged and some how have fallen of the LIST they are still unemployed,and most likely getting help along the way,so its a double wammy,they cost more for everyone else to help them and are not putting back into the system through taxes.

Who would you believe??? DC or the guy trying to buy food??

So what, you ask? That's actually a damned fine question and thank you for asking.

Unemployment numbers are based on SURVEYS and based on what people REPORT to BLS.

So if people formerly decribing themselves as not working and also NOT LOOKING FOR WORK, that number was reflected in a different unemployment statistic than the one that is normally reported by the MSM.

Conversely, if large numbers of those people who formerly reported that they were discouraged workers, but now that they're looking for work again, then they fall into another catagory than they had been and that is reflected in the unemplyment number that the MSM typically tells us about.

Its a tad confusing to decribe in text, I know, but there are more than ONE unemplyment number publishing by BLS. There are THREE numbers reported by the BLS, not one.

And discouraged workers are only reported as being unemployed on some of those BLS published numbers.

The problem isn't with the statistics of the BLS, the problem is that you are only reading ONE of their stats because the MSM is fucking too stupid or lazy (take your pick) to report ALL the numbers.

Last edited:
I dont know why the unemployment rate would go up then. Hows that work? Thats the important thing I guess. In the end more people are out of work than there were the month before. Not good.

More people entered the work force than jobs

Exactly. It's a big problem we have-we can't even keep up with the population growth, and I don't think there's really a clear cut answer to it. I know a lot of people who have graduated college/university in the past 3-4 years, and very few of them have found careers-there's just no jobs.

Mediocre job numbers. Nonfarm payrolls were decent but the household survey sucked. NFPs showed strength across the board except in government but the household survey had a decline of 190k.

As the employment begins to pick up, more discouraged workers will report BLS that they are no longer discouraged workers, and then be counted as unemployed. Haven't looked at the various unemplyment stats to see...
empstats1105.jpg

What we got from bls.gov is discouraged workers are still discouraged and employees are loosing jobs.

Forum List

Back