These are who we call Heroes

Nope I was stationed at Ft Benning and saw first hand how liberals treat military personal. A buddy of mine had red paint thrown at his white car as he left the Post. We all had slurs screamed at us while coming and going out the gate.

The same thing coming out of the gate on All American Blvd. Ft Bragg at the beginning of the Iraq war. A bunch of anti war liberals with their little nasty signs calling us troops all types of names.

Its standard OP for most liberals to take it out on the troops for what the US govt is ordering us to do.

I experienced much of it myself, Military brat then Vietnam era Navy service. The ones you, I and others were/are dealing with are the fringe groups. I know a fair share of liberals here on this board and elsewhere that served honorably and are proud of that service. Kinda disingenuous to lump all liberals or conservatives in the same class as the extreme nut jobs.

And people continue to treat Lost Soul with disrespect, but only because he is a 100% flaming asshole.

Just like you are a 110% ignorant bitch.

Now to really make you look foolish.

SOA Watch

An annual protest against Fort Benning's school for Latin American soldiers could take on a different slant this weekend - against the war in Iraq.

"Compared to last year, a lot more people are alarmed at the direction of their country's foreign policy," said Matthew Smucker, spokesman for SOA Watch, which has conducted an annual protest at Fort Benning since the early 1990s.
Smucker said the group sees the Fort Benning-based Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation "as symbolic of some of the worst aspects of this foreign policy."

At Bragg

Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg - ground zero for the 82nd Airborne Division and ... India's national Anti-War Assembly is planning major protests on the ..

United for Peace & Justice*:*March 18-20: The World Says End the War!

Anti-war Activists Planning Protests

by Allison Williams, The Fayetteville Observer
March 2nd, 2005

Fort Bragg's hometown is turning out to be the hottest spot to protest the war in Iraq.

Three anti-war groups with military ties plan to hold national meetings here this month. Another group of activists from across the South will gather downtown. And about two weeks from now, on the second anniversary of the war, thousands of protesters will rally again in Fayetteville.

March 19 promises a showdown on a subject that's particularly touchy in a military town. Activists are using Fayetteville as a national stage for promoting peace in what they call an effort to support the troops, yet much of their audience here may not see it that way.

The largest anti-war coalition in the nation, United for Peace and Justice, plugs the March 19 rally on the front page of its Web site: ''Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg - ground zero for the 82nd Airborne Division and many of the Army's elite units. It is also home to a growing base of anti-war activists and organizations: military folks, veterans, families of active-duty soldiers and veterans, students, workers, housewives, clergy, educators, all are part of a vibrant, and growing, statewide network.''
Peaceful Tomorrows*:*Anti-war Activists Planning Protests

Seems that maybe someone should stop talking before your face gets any redder.

For one, the 82nd isn't at Benning. Ranger and Airborne schools yes, 82nd NO. So maybe if you are going to try and "OUT" someone maybe you should know what the fuck your talking about because it makes you look stupid.

Yeah. I had a brain fart. That's why I said "Bragg" in the first sentence. Having done Airborne, IOBC, and Ranger at Benning, I am well aware that the 82nd Airborne isn't there.

Thanks for the tip though. I don't know what I can do for you to make you appear less stupid to the entire board.

BTW, All American is partly on Ft Bragg but runs into the city of Fayetteville NC. The gate, which was an open post up until 9/11 (funny you wouldn't know this because most Army Posts were "open")

I believe I said all the posts were closed after 9-11. Maybe you missed it.

, is All American expressway. Once out the gate the MP's cannot do a damn thing on civilian state property. Unless they come on to govt property, which is about 50 yards before you get to the gate, the MP's can do a damn thing if a civilian is protesting off govt property. Funny you wouldnt know this.

I do know this. So what you are saying now, is that your friends car had paint thrown at it 50 yards outside of the gate? I wouldn't say that's exactly the same thing as having paint thrown at it as he exited the gate.

Secondly, Americans have every right to protest outside the gate. I drove through the annual "School Of the Americas" protest at Benning every year. So are you talking about this:

Iraq War Opponents Stage Protest Near Fort Bragg (washingtonpost.com)

Which isn't quite the same thing as "liberals" tossing slurs at you, or are you talking about some wonton act of vandalism?

And Fayetteville has its share of liberals seeing that Fayetteville State is in town.

So fucking what? The Army has liberals in it too. It's not illegal to be a liberal. What is your point?

Your story fishing story is starting to smell fishy.

Last edited:
Now to really make you look foolish.

SOA Watch

An annual protest against Fort Benning's school for Latin American soldiers could take on a different slant this weekend - against the war in Iraq.

"Compared to last year, a lot more people are alarmed at the direction of their country's foreign policy," said Matthew Smucker, spokesman for SOA Watch, which has conducted an annual protest at Fort Benning since the early 1990s.
Smucker said the group sees the Fort Benning-based Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation "as symbolic of some of the worst aspects of this foreign policy."

Already discussed.

At Bragg

Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg - ground zero for the 82nd Airborne Division and ... India's national Anti-War Assembly is planning major protests on the ..

United for Peace & Justice*:*March 18-20: The World Says End the War!

Anti-war Activists Planning Protests

by Allison Williams, The Fayetteville Observer
March 2nd, 2005

Fort Bragg's hometown is turning out to be the hottest spot to protest the war in Iraq.

Three anti-war groups with military ties plan to hold national meetings here this month. Another group of activists from across the South will gather downtown. And about two weeks from now, on the second anniversary of the war, thousands of protesters will rally again in Fayetteville.

March 19 promises a showdown on a subject that's particularly touchy in a military town. Activists are using Fayetteville as a national stage for promoting peace in what they call an effort to support the troops, yet much of their audience here may not see it that way.

The largest anti-war coalition in the nation, United for Peace and Justice, plugs the March 19 rally on the front page of its Web site: ''Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg - ground zero for the 82nd Airborne Division and many of the Army's elite units. It is also home to a growing base of anti-war activists and organizations: military folks, veterans, families of active-duty soldiers and veterans, students, workers, housewives, clergy, educators, all are part of a vibrant, and growing, statewide network.''
Peaceful Tomorrows*:*Anti-war Activists Planning Protests

Seems that maybe someone should stop talking before your face gets any redder.

Again, so fucking what? You seem to equate every American's right to assemble with some sort of personal slight towards you.

Do you have any links about how the protests turned violent with protesters screaming slurs at soldiers and tossing paint at cars?

If not, than what's your fucking point?

You've made statements that you and your friends were personally abused at the hands of the mean old liberals.

However, you've yet to support that.

*Edit*

I missed the first part of your post where you said the "paint throwing" incident happened at Ft. Benning.

I was at Benning for 9 months and never had any unpleasant experiences with the people of Columbus.

Last edited:
I experienced much of it myself, Military brat then Vietnam era Navy service. The ones you, I and others were/are dealing with are the fringe groups. I know a fair share of liberals here on this board and elsewhere that served honorably and are proud of that service. Kinda disingenuous to lump all liberals or conservatives in the same class as the extreme nut jobs.

And people continue to treat Lost Soul with disrespect, but only because he is a 100% flaming asshole.

Just like you are a 110% ignorant bitch.

:(

You made me cry...

I would like for the OP to explain why the title? Is he saying that the US troops are endangering the child and father by fighting with them present or he is saying what fine example these men are showing as American troops by using themselves as cover to protect these civilians?

The way the liberals treat and what they say about our men and women in uniform I have to wonder.

Doggie may have his leftist issues but that is not one of them. Not all liberals feel the way you think they do. Projecting?

Nope I was stationed at Ft Benning and saw first hand how liberals treat military personal. A buddy of mine had red paint thrown at his white car as he left the Post. We all had slurs screamed at us while coming and going out the gate.

The same thing coming out of the gate on All American Blvd. Ft Bragg at the beginning of the Iraq war. A bunch of anti war liberals with their little nasty signs calling us troops all types of names.

Its standard OP for most liberals to take it out on the troops for what the US govt is ordering us to do.
Well in this case, I guess you are totally wrong. Dogs a lib, but he's not a fringer lib. That becomes quite obvious when you look at the original post. I've seen him thank many vets up here for their service, including me.

Wow. That's strange. Ft. Bragg is in North Carolina. Not exactly a beacon of liberalism. I was stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii at the same time and never heard of anything like that happening.

Nor did any of my friends who served with the 82nd or 18th Airborne Corps out of Benning ever mention this.

My dad was 82nd. I didn't see the incident he was talking about (could have been an isolated occurrence) but I have seen similar incidents in the past in other areas, especially in the 70s. I saw small demonstrations outside some of the bases here in the DC metro area during the Gulf wars by small fringe groups who were yelling insults and carrying insulting signs.
Besides, just because some area is not a "bastion of liberalism" as you so eloquently put it doesn't negate the existence of radical liberal elements in the vicinity. Figured that would be obvious.
I had one experience with a fringer while coming home from my first tour in iraq. It was while walking through Burbank airport here in so. cal after deplaning. Some dude came up and started with the murderer, fascist, baby killer BS. I was tempted to knock his friggin' teeth out, but managed to just smile, shrug and walk away. I kept my military bearing, and he was the one looking like the fool in the end. I could hear people calling him an idiot and such as I was walking away.

Doggie may have his leftist issues but that is not one of them. Not all liberals feel the way you think they do. Projecting?

Well in this case, I guess you are totally wrong. Dogs a lib, but he's not a fringer lib. That becomes quite obvious when you look at the original post. I've seen him thank many vets up here for their service, including me.

Agreed...I can't remember if he thanked me for my 20 but maybe he did....

I think Dogbert put that picture up to see who would come down on what side of the fence. I would personally like to thank those soldiers for protecting those 2 youngsters from harm and I would like to thank the board members here who support our troops and the actions of those soldiers.

Wow. That's strange. Ft. Bragg is in North Carolina. Not exactly a beacon of liberalism. I was stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii at the same time and never heard of anything like that happening.

Nor did any of my friends who served with the 82nd or 18th Airborne Corps out of Benning ever mention this.

My dad was 82nd. I didn't see the incident he was talking about (could have been an isolated occurrence) but I have seen similar incidents in the past in other areas, especially in the 70s. I saw small demonstrations outside some of the bases here in the DC metro area during the Gulf wars by small fringe groups who were yelling insults and carrying insulting signs.
Besides, just because some area is not a "bastion of liberalism" as you so eloquently put it doesn't negate the existence of radical liberal elements in the vicinity. Figured that would be obvious.
I had one experience with a fringer while coming home from my first tour in iraq. It was while walking through Burbank airport here in so. cal after deplaning. Some dude came up and started with the murderer, fascist, baby killer BS. I was tempted to knock his friggin' teeth out, but managed to just smile, shrug and walk away. I kept my military bearing, and he was the one looking like the fool in the end. I could hear people calling him an idiot and such as I was walking away.

I had a guy come up to me and say "I don't agree with the war, but thanks for your service." at the Dallas Airport going to and from leave.

I thought that was pretty agreeable. He had no clue that our beliefs were more similar than he thought.

I would like for the OP to explain why the title? Is he saying that the US troops are endangering the child and father by fighting with them present or he is saying what fine example these men are showing as American troops by using themselves as cover to protect these civilians?

The way the liberals treat and what they say about our men and women in uniform I have to wonder.

You are a idiot, plain and simple.

You are a idiot, plain and simple.

He's just misunderstood.

I had a guy come up to me and say "I don't agree with the war, but thanks for your service." at the Dallas Airport going to and from leave.

I thought that was pretty agreeable. He had no clue that our beliefs were more similar than he thought.
The fringers are definitely the minority.

Hell, my mother in-law is a lefty to the core. Man, do we get into some discussions. But she has a bumpersticker on the left side of her bumper that states, "war is never the answer". On the right side she kept one on while I was serving that stated, "I'm proud of my US Army Ranger son in law". She had it custom made, and showed it to me while I was on leave. I'll always love her for it.

Like I said, the fringers are the minority, both on the right and left. And that's a very good thing!

Damn dog, Who'd a thunk that all these vet's would pile on and come to your defense?

LMAO!

Btw, I fully expect to see many more pile on as more people see this thread. And rightfully so!

Damn dog, Who'd a thunk that all these vet's would pile on and come to your defense?

LMAO!

Btw, I fully expect to see many more pile on as more people see this thread. And rightfully so!

:lol:

I expected anyone who is a believer in the truth to come forward and tell Lost Soul straight out how much of a fool he is. Despite where we all land on the political spectrum, I've always thanked any soldier for their service.

Some are wondering the point of this thread. This thread is to show that despite what the media may show, we have a war going on in Afghanistan still. And goes far beyond that too. We always happen to hear the stories of a few bad soldiers, but the truth is they are a small number in a group of many.

This thread and that picture is to show that we do have many heroes serving over there, day in and day out, to protect not only people they have never met or will probably ever see again but to protect our interests at home.

Which is why it disgusts me so when they do not get the same unselfish treatment when they get home such as (things I've read) where the VA classifies people with PTSD as having a "personality disorder."

Which is why it disgusts me so when they do not get the same unselfish treatment when they get home such as (things I've read) where the VA classifies people with PTSD as having a "personality disorder."

They are just trying to weasel out of paying for health benefits for the next 40 years. The VA covers most anything as long as a soldier has a "service related injury". In reality, they are supposed to cover the injury. However, most VAs simply provide full coverage based on any "service-related injury" since they don't want to be in the unpopular position of trying to figure out which medical problems are tied to the "service-related" injury or not.

At least, that is my understanding of the matter. I enrolled in the VA and promptly decided to pay for my own insurance after one visit.

The DOD has gotten much better about PTSD with Gates at the helm.

LMAO!

I think that's because it doesn't take a special talent to spot an asshole at 500 meters.
So true!

It does take a bit of talent to put one between the eyes at 500 meters though!:eusa_angel:

LMAO!

I think that's because it doesn't take a special talent to spot an asshole at 500 meters.
So true!

It does take a bit of talent to put one between the eyes at 500 meters though!:eusa_angel:

More talent than I had. I am such a lousy shot.

I also sucked at land nav. If the course at Ranger School hadn't been self correcting, I would have never passed. I drifted so much going to my first point that I ended up at my second point. If the grid hadn't have been on it, I would have never known. Luckily, it was. I adjusted my plan and went 6/6 and got a positive spot report.

Ironic, because I damn near never got off of Yankee North at IOBC.

LMAO!

True...... but the real skill is putting a tight group of 3 in his chest...:lol:

Forum List

Back