These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

It's just a dance costume. I seriously doubt they wear then in any other context. My kids didn't and never wanted to.

I see what you and syrenn are saying, and it is what it is. You may see nothing particularly sexy about it, but you're not a predator. I'm not one of those paranoid wrap your kids in cotton moms, imagining a pedo lurking around every corner just waiting to snatch my kiddos. But you won't see my daughter at an event that's a sicko magnet dressed like that either. She can dress up and play rock star in her own bedroom if that's what she wants to do. And she can dance perfectly well in something that covers her belly button.

I hear ya sister.

I guess I'm a big old prude because I don't think we should be sexualizing our children at age 7.

The kids might enjoy playing dress up and getting the attention, I doubt they see it as sexual at that age. My own kids are about that age. They're still pretty innocent, and playing dress up and pretending is fun in its own right without any sexuality attached. But they can do it at home. I have a problem with dressing them up and parading them on stage at events that might as well have been set up for the pervs' benefit. But it's not my call, you just won't see my kid doing it.

if it was a gaza wedding, and the 7 year olds were bridesmaids or daughters of grooms, you'd hear about them being the brides here from 25 different posters.

I see what you and syrenn are saying, and it is what it is. You may see nothing particularly sexy about it, but you're not a predator. I'm not one of those paranoid wrap your kids in cotton moms, imagining a pedo lurking around every corner just waiting to snatch my kiddos. But you won't see my daughter at an event that's a sicko magnet dressed like that either. She can dress up and play rock star in her own bedroom if that's what she wants to do. And she can dance perfectly well in something that covers her belly button.

I hear ya sister.

I guess I'm a big old prude because I don't think we should be sexualizing our children at age 7.

I have a 7 yo daughter. She plays soccer, and I cannot imagine her gyrating about in a bikini.

However, I also feel its a little naive to think pedophiles only victimize girls that gyrate around in bikinis. I'm watchful and alert to strangers at my daughter's soccer games, where she's wearing shorts, t-shirt, shin pads, and cleats.

I don't have statistics, but I think pedophiles are much more likely to strike victims with whom they've first developed a non-sexual relationship (family friends, relatives, teachers, clergy, neighbors) rather than strangers lurking in the crowd at a beauty pagent.

Yes, I understand that Samson.

I had a little 8 year old girl tell me her "butt was bleeding" -turns out mommy's boyfriend was going in her room at night................

Pervs are everywhere, and they don't care what kind of clothes you are wearing, I know that.

I just see something so wrong with this kind of dressing for these little girls, and the sexual overtones to their dancing.

And I won't apologize for thinking this way.

22.jpg

I hear ya sister.

I have a 7 yo daughter. She plays soccer, and I cannot imagine her gyrating about in a bikini.

However, I also feel its a little naive to think pedophiles only victimize girls that gyrate around in bikinis. I'm watchful and alert to strangers at my daughter's soccer games, where she's wearing shorts, t-shirt, shin pads, and cleats.

I don't have statistics, but I think pedophiles are much more likely to strike victims with whom they've first developed a non-sexual relationship (family friends, relatives, teachers, clergy, neighbors) rather than strangers lurking in the crowd at a beauty pagent.

I had a little 8 year old girl tell me her "butt was bleeding" -turns out mommy's boyfriend was going in her room at night................

Pervs are everywhere, and they don't care what kind of clothes you are wearing, I know that.

I just see something so wrong with this kind of dressing for these little girls, and the sexual overtones to their dancing.

Yes, of course, all dancing should be banned, and all wimmin should wear burkas.

Please pass the calamari, and the Huka Pipe.

Yes, of course, all dancing should be banned, and all wimmin should wear burkas.

Please pass the calamari, and the Huka Pipe.

yeah, that's exactly what I was saying.

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

I blame the parents for letting it happen.

YouTube - Controversy Over Girls Doing Beyonce Dance (Video)

I blame the parents. AND the media and the internet and tv and a society that feels it is above the consequences of its behavior.

Is there anyone you DO NOT blame?

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

I blame the parents for letting it happen.

YouTube - Controversy Over Girls Doing Beyonce Dance (Video)

I blame the parents. AND the media and the internet and tv and a society that feels it is above the consequences of its behavior.

Is there anyone you DO NOT blame?

now now, this was actually a fairly reasonable post by gunny. and you have to criticize him for that? careful, he might destroy you.

Forum List

Back