These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

I know exactly what it takes. I've been dancing since I was 4. Ballet, tap, Irish, and a variety of others..... If I had even attempted such a routine at that age, my Mother would have stopped it immediately. Because she is a good Mom.

Same here. Ballet, tap, jazz and the bad knees to go with it.

Now before you all get upset, watch the video without sound and just watch them moving. WOW! Really look at the costumes. Its shorts, knee socks and a bikini top. Sexy yes, but its far from a thong.

These girls are in a national dance competition. As with any competition you do what you have to do to win. Its a jazz competition, not ballet, or tap where costumes are more sedate. Winning a jazz dance competition is not just about technical skill. Its about costumes and attitude right along with skill and amplitude. Both the instructors and parents know that sex sells and used it as a tool. Now matter how you want to sugar coat that term, cute, adorable, innocent, it is all the same. Sex sells. And they won.

Ever watch parents and boys with sports or girl's with cheer leading?They are pushed to do whatever it takes to win. This is nothing different just in different costumes.

Parents have a way of living vicarious lives through their children.

Bottom line is the girls all are great dancers. And sad to say pedophiles will have a field day with this video.

I know, I did competitive dance as a kid. :eek::eek::eek: I still have nightmares about it! :lol::lol: Mom said it was good for my confidence.... I guess she was right. I hate when my Mom is right.... One thing for sure.... she would not have let me on stage wearing what those kids wore. And dancing to Beyonce at 7 is just sick, in my opinion. They can showcase their talent without acting like grown ups at 7!

Not sure I see anything wrong with that vid. I raised two kids myself. They both took dance when they were young. Jazz dancing has a lot of 'moves' in it. If a person is going to dance well when they are older, they need to learn the dance moves while their bodies are still young and flexible. Each year, my kids' teacher went to NY to a choreographer and brought back new dances for all her students. This was in the 80s, and the dances and costumes were about the same as these.

Whoever the teacher is that got these girls to dance so well certainly knows how to get a performance out of them. That takes real tallent.

I just thought of something funny: When one of the little boys saw my daughter in her costume he said, 'I'm gonna MARRY you!.' My daughter just looked at him and calmly said, 'My mother won't let me marry a boy.' Oh those days!

Last edited:
Yeah, they are amazing dancers, but dressing little girls up in lingerie is way over the top. Is there really a father in his right mind who would want his little girl parading around like that??:cuckoo:

Yeah, they are amazing dancers, but dressing little girls up in lingerie is way over the top. Is there really a father in his right mind who would want his little girl parading around like that??:cuckoo:

It's just a dance costume. I seriously doubt they wear then in any other context. My kids didn't and never wanted to.

I know, I did competitive dance as a kid. :eek::eek::eek: I still have nightmares about it! :lol::lol: Mom said it was good for my confidence.... I guess she was right. I hate when my Mom is right.... One thing for sure.... she would not have let me on stage wearing what those kids wore. And dancing to Beyonce at 7 is just sick, in my opinion. They can showcase their talent without acting like grown ups at 7!

So you know what I am talking about with competitive dance. You have my condolence.

All my mother cared about was herself. If I was good, she was good. If was sexy, she was sexy. If I won, she won. If my walking out there naked was what it took to win, trust me I would have been out there dancing naked. I was very very good at what I did, and she was very very happy. Until the day I figured out what my success was all about.

I agree about showcasing talent, however you can't deny that the sex won. If the costumes were used for anything else i bet there wouldn't be such an outcry. I don't think it was the costumes that got the girls more or less black balled. It was Beyonce. Beyonce has a sex persona and that was projected onto the girls.

It's just a dance costume. I seriously doubt they wear then in any other context. My kids didn't and never wanted to.

I don't care if something that looks like it came out of a Frederick's catalogue is considered typical dance costume. I think it's irresponsible to sex up little girls for any reason.

Photo :: DSC 2298

I don't care if something that looks like it came out of a Frederick's catalogue is considered typical dance costume. I think it's irresponsible to sex up little girls for any reason.

Those kids don't have the equipment to be 'sexed up.' :lol:

It was just your typical dance costume. I've been to many many dance recitals and even in the 80s it was the same, except I guess Beyonce.

So you know what I am talking about with competitive dance. You have my condolence.

All my mother cared about was herself. If I was good, she was good. If was sexy, she was sexy. If I won, she won. If my walking out there naked was what it took to win, trust me I would have been out there dancing naked. I was very very good at what I did, and she was very very happy. Until the day I figured out what my success was all about.

I agree about showcasing talent, however you can't deny that the sex won. If the costumes were used for anything else i bet there wouldn't be such an outcry. I don't think it was the costumes that got the girls more or less black balled. It was Beyonce. Beyonce has a sex persona and that was projected onto the girls.

They're obviously talented little kids - but that's what they are.... little kids. I just happen to think that kids should be kids.

I loved the dancing - I just hated the competition side of it. Whether I won or lost, I hated it. Fortunately, Mom cut me some slack and, when I said I didn't want to compete, she didn't make me. She was obsessed about keeping her kids occupied - we all learned to play instruments, sports, anything that kept us out of trouble..... She failed at that.... we still found time to be bad occasionally. :lol: I blame my brothers - they led me astray.... I am the youngest. :lol::lol:

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

I blame the parents for letting it happen.

YouTube - Controversy Over Girls Doing Beyonce Dance (Video)

America is a nation struggling with its underlying pedophilia. Women shave their bodies to hide signs of maturity and the true woman with her hips is viewed as an abomination, society desiring the slender woman who still resembles a girl, with little signs of development. America dresses its young daughters in clothes that barely cover them at all, they paint their faces and put tape around their waists- then they pretend to be surprised when someone acts upon the invitation and young Jean-Benet or another is assaulted and slain.

This is a Disney Jasmine costume, not very different wouldn't you say?

Build-A-Bear Workshop-United States: Jasmine Costume 5 pc.

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

America is a nation struggling with its underlying pedophilia. Women shave their bodies to hide signs of maturity and the true woman with her hips is viewed as an abomination, society desiring the slender woman who still resembles a girl, with little signs of development. America dresses its young daughters in clothes that barely cover them at all, they paint their faces and put tape around their waists- then they pretend to be surprised when someone acts upon the invitation and young Jean-Benet or another is assaulted and slain.

Well, it could just be that men like 12 year old boys with plastic tits, and wouldn't know what to do with a real woman.

Last edited:
This just seems to be another branch of the whole child pageant stuff that is also ridiculously over-the-top. Parents need to stop using their kids as ploys for money and to look at them as kids who need to be nurtured instead of dollar signs.
Sex sells.

Especially when children are involved.

Just look at the major media and how many 'sex icons' like to dress up in schoolgirl outfits or pose with lollipops and teddy bears and suggest childhood- not to mention shaving their crotches to resemble young girls.

Well, t could just be that men like 12 year old boys with plastic tits, and wouldn't know what to do with a real woman.

Whatever it is, it's pervasive in American culture.

As if child beauty pageants weren't creepy enough.

Can you imagine the degenerates that a spectacle like that attracts?

She might be able to tell you

pl_jonbenet_060817_ssv.jpg

[She failed at that.... we still found time to be bad occasionally. :lol: I blame my brothers - they led me astray.... I am the youngest. :lol::lol:

Least we adults forget the mantra sex, drugs, and rock and roll. I just left out the drugs and rock and roll! ;) (mind failed too!)

Worst thing about it, these kids will be repeating the dance on the playground at school.

Nah, I've seen lottsa kids on playgrounds and none of them were dancing.

Those kids don't have the equipment to be 'sexed up.' :lol:

It was just your typical dance costume. I've been to many many dance recitals and even in the 80s it was the same, except I guess Beyonce.

You don't get it if you think that's what is required.

This is a Disney Jasmine costume, not very different wouldn't you say?

Build-A-Bear Workshop-United States: Jasmine Costume 5 pc.

Ok, perhaps, minus the fishnets and garter-like stockings. It doesn't change my opinion that little girls shouldn't be sexed up for any reason.

Forum List

Back