These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

America is a nation struggling with its underlying pedophilia. Women shave their bodies to hide signs of maturity and the true woman with her hips is viewed as an abomination, society desiring the slender woman who still resembles a girl, with little signs of development. America dresses its young daughters in clothes that barely cover them at all, they paint their faces and put tape around their waists- then they pretend to be surprised when someone acts upon the invitation and young Jean-Benet or another is assaulted and slain.

Well, t could just be that men like 12 year old boys with plastic tits, and wouldn't know what to do with a real woman.

Whatever it is, it's pervasive in American culture.

It is, and it's not just the women. I can't stand to see a man with his chest waxed, for example. I'm not sure I'd use the term "pedophilia", but there's defintely a widespread tendency to worship all things youth and try to escape not just age and mortality, but maturity.

Yeah, they are amazing dancers, but dressing little girls up in lingerie is way over the top. Is there really a father in his right mind who would want his little girl parading around like that??:cuckoo:

It's just a dance costume. I seriously doubt they wear then in any other context. My kids didn't and never wanted to.

I see what you and syrenn are saying, and it is what it is. You may see nothing particularly sexy about it, but you're not a predator. I'm not one of those paranoid wrap your kids in cotton moms, imagining a pedo lurking around every corner just waiting to snatch my kiddos. But you won't see my daughter at an event that's a sicko magnet dressed like that either. She can dress up and play rock star in her own bedroom if that's what she wants to do. And she can dance perfectly well in something that covers her belly button.

Yeah, they are amazing dancers, but dressing little girls up in lingerie is way over the top. Is there really a father in his right mind who would want his little girl parading around like that??:cuckoo:

It's just a dance costume. I seriously doubt they wear then in any other context. My kids didn't and never wanted to.

I see what you and syrenn are saying, and it is what it is. You may see nothing particularly sexy about it, but you're not a predator. I'm not one of those paranoid wrap your kids in cotton moms, imagining a pedo lurking around every corner just waiting to snatch my kiddos. But you won't see my daughter at an event that's a sicko magnet dressed like that either. She can dress up and play rock star in her own bedroom if that's what she wants to do. And she can dance perfectly well in something that covers her belly button.

I hear ya sister.

I guess I'm a big old prude because I don't think we should be sexualizing our children at age 7.

Hey sunshine and syreen, what are your thoughts on Tot Beauty Pagents?

Is that cool too, and do you think the children enjoy being in them?

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

I blame the parents for letting it happen.

YouTube - Controversy Over Girls Doing Beyonce Dance (Video)

I want to kill people that abuse children. That said I watched a couple of minutes of the video and did not see anything sexually suggestive. I am sure the kids weren't thinking about sex when doing a pretty well choreographed routine for children of that age.

It is pretty easy to get all worked up about anything to do with kids if looked at after being told it is perverted. I didn't see any thongs or low cut tops. Frankly I didn't see anything you wouldn't see if you took your child to a pool.

I admire those vigilant on behalf of children... I don't see the kids or parents in that video doing anything wrong....What I see are media trying to exploit the situation.

Last edited:

I hear ya sister.

I guess I'm a big old prude because I don't think we should be sexualizing our children at age 7.

I have a 7 yo daughter. She plays soccer, and I cannot imagine her gyrating about in a bikini.

However, I also feel its a little naive to think pedophiles only victimize girls that gyrate around in bikinis. I'm watchful and alert to strangers at my daughter's soccer games, where she's wearing shorts, t-shirt, shin pads, and cleats.

I don't have statistics, but I think pedophiles are much more likely to strike victims with whom they've first developed a non-sexual relationship (family friends, relatives, teachers, clergy, neighbors) rather than strangers lurking in the crowd at a beauty pagent.

Forum List

Back