These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

aaa.jpg

Oh I remember that thread.

It went on for ages and ages..................

The jent made up that they were getting married to those men, when in fact they were just bridesmaids.

I think it is just a lot of hype over nothing. Young girls leaning gymnastics dress just as provocatively and they have moves that are equally as provocative as the young dancers. In fact many dance schools also teach gymnastics.

top.perfect.10.jpg

BUT, we don't hear anyone raising the roof over gymnastics.

IMO it is all in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing wrong with young girls learning to dance. There will be some, just like in gymnastics who will grow up to be professional performers.

You should see my daughter on the beam and bars. She's phenomenal, and it's all I can do to make her take breaks from it to lessen the stress on her little body - which can be brutal with some of these kids who do it year round. But it's nothing like gyrating to Beyonce, and at that age at least in this area it's neither open to the public nor do they have the "anything to win" level of competition.

The end of taking lessons in something is performing. The gymnasts where my kids took lessons performed also. These are 'performing arts' just like voice and piano. There is no point in it unless the person performs before an audience.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point in saying the end result is performing. Of course it is. And when you're dealing with children, ideally that means performing in an age appropriate manner. In my 6-year-old daughter's case that means yes, wearing a leotard, and performing a gymnastics routine for the families of the kids in her class and occasionally a few judges. My point is you're comparing apples and oranges, it's not about whether they're performing but whether the way they are performing is appropriate.

Just something to consider.

I would suggest that dance is not the only things these girls are participating in. Cheerleding is, I am sure, something they do as well.

Having a national jazz dance win on your resume will get you onto good cheerleader squads. Having that on your resume will also get you scholarships into to VERY good colleges.

I don't get it. If ya ignore the TV people and just watch the video...I have to admit I couldn't hear the audio very well ...I wouldn't know Biocee if it walked into the room.

There was no nudity or anything close to it. The dancing wasn't suggestive that I could tell. Meaning..If I saw a fully developed woman doing the same routine ..would I be aroused? Like Echo had to admit...it wasn't pole dancing.

Without the TV people's comments preceeding the video and Echo screamin about bloody eight year olds butts... Shit I could look at a friggin can of tuna suspiciously...

I repeat...If I see percieved non physical abuse ...it is like anything subjective ..it is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just cannot call the parents perverts for organizing a cute dance routine.

I agree. I think the comments are more a reflection of what is in the mind of the viewer than the actions performers. And I think I'd be really pissed if I were a parent of one of them probably sacrificing to give them something only to have people ridicule my child and call me a bad parent.

I don't think there will be any problem about what people think about you now, that's for sure.

Gyrating like a stipper in clothes that a hooker wears to music played in night clubs for people to booty dance isn't the same as gymnastics dear.

*and the majorette isn't 7, and isn't dancing as a stipper as far as we know.

Wow. I have to watch that vid again. I didn't notice any stripping! :lol:
First you should read my post again, I said "Gyrating like a stipper"

Don't play dumb. You don't see anything wrong with it, nor does Huggy. That's your opinion, and that's what the thread is all about! To see what others thought.

Now we all know what you think about it!

Sorry, I didn't see any 'gyrating' either. I saw a modern dance routine with lots of modern dance steps.

Last edited:
I don't get it. If ya ignore the TV people and just watch the video...I have to admit I couldn't hear the audio very well ...I wouldn't know Biocee if it walked into the room.

There was no nudity or anything close to it. The dancing wasn't suggestive that I could tell. Meaning..If I saw a fully developed woman doing the same routine ..would I be aroused? Like Echo had to admit...it wasn't pole dancing.

Without the TV people's comments preceeding the video and Echo screamin about bloody eight year olds butts... Shit I could look at a friggin can of tuna suspiciously...

I repeat...If I see percieved non physical abuse ...it is like anything subjective ..it is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just cannot call the parents perverts for organizing a cute dance routine.

I agree. I think the comments are more a reflection of what is in the mind of the viewer than the actions performers. And I think I'd be really pissed if I were a parent of one of them probably sacrificing to give them something only to have people ridicule my child and call me a bad parent.

I don't think there will be any problem about what people think about you now, that's for sure.

Well bless your little heart! That sure was hateful.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point in saying the end result is performing. Of course it is. And when you're dealing with children, ideally that means performing in an age appropriate manner. In my 6-year-old daughter's case that means yes, wearing a leotard, and performing a gymnastics routine for the families of the kids in her class and occasionally a few judges. My point is you're comparing apples and oranges, it's not about whether they're performing but whether the way they are performing is appropriate.

And there is the problem in understanding this routine. Your daughter is in gymnastics, not jazz. Your daughter is preforming in front of, for the most part, family and friends. These girls were preforming on the national level. A bit different crowd then family and friends also a higher bar for standards.

Last edited:

It's a matter of opinion, Sunshine. I'm not comfortable with something like that video and my kids won't be doing it at their age - but I wouldn't go that far.

You should see my daughter on the beam and bars. She's phenomenal, and it's all I can do to make her take breaks from it to lessen the stress on her little body - which can be brutal with some of these kids who do it year round. But it's nothing like gyrating to Beyonce, and at that age at least in this area it's neither open to the public nor do they have the "anything to win" level of competition.

The end of taking lessons in something is performing. The gymnasts where my kids took lessons performed also. These are 'performing arts' just like voice and piano. There is no point in it unless the person performs before an audience.

No, dear, a skimpy outfit is a skimpy outfit regardless what the occasion is.

The jent made up that they were getting married to those men, when in fact they were just bridesmaids.

Didn't she also link to a blog that she wrote herself as "proof" that her assertions were correct?

Yes, thus the joke a few pages back. It's almost as legend as Pubes Meltdown on Neg Rep thread! I think that's when she left in a huff to Molly Shannons MB, and made 300 threads on how much she hates the USMB.

Of course she still posts here. :cuckoo:

And there the problem in understanding this routine. Your daughter is in gymnastics, not jazz. Your daughter is preforming in front of, for the most part, family and friends. These girls were preforming on the national level. A bit different crowd then family and friends also a higher bar for standards.

So, the audience at the national level is filled with pedophiles? What do they do? Send out Chris Hansen to beat the bushes and bring them in? :lol:

Last edited:

Didn't she also link to a blog that she wrote herself as "proof" that her assertions were correct?

Yes, thus the joke a few pages back. It's almost as legend as Pubes Meltdown on Neg Rep thread! I think that's when she left in a huff to Molly Shannons MB, and made 300 threads on how much she hates the USMB.

Of course she still posts here. :cuckoo:

I remember that....

radiomanatl-albums-funny-stuff-picture837-kanye-pi-meltdown.png

Gyrating like a stipper in clothes that a hooker wears to music played in night clubs for people to booty dance isn't the same as gymnastics dear.

*and the majorette isn't 7, and isn't dancing as a stipper as far as we know.

Don't play dumb. You don't see anything wrong with it, nor does Huggy. That's your opinion, and that's what the thread is all about! To see what others thought.

I have a daughter. If I saw her in a dance routine like that I would have been proud she didn't trip and fall on her face.:lol::lol::lol: That was some pretty good dancing for little kids.

Also Echo... I had a girlfriend in the late 70's that went throught that whole beauty pagent thing...second to Tanya Tucker in Junior miss america... She was the most grounded gal I ever got together with. We were together for about 5 years. I think it probably added to her ability to achieve later on in life. Winning isn't everything...but it is something.:lol::lol:

And there the problem in understanding this routine. Your daughter is in gymnastics, not jazz. Your daughter is preforming in front of, for the most part, family and friends. These girls were preforming on the national level. A bit different crowd then family and friends also a higher bar for standards.

No, I do understand it. I've competed on the national level before, when I was older, I know what you're saying. And at that age I, personally, am not comfortable with it. My daughter was invited onto a traveling competitive team and I wouldn't do it - not just because of the time and expense involved, but also because I think it's just too much for a child that young. Or maybe I just feel no need to live vicariously through her. ;)

If she decides it's still for her as she gets older, that's a different story.

let's not make this personal, there were a lot of posters who agreed with her. i now watched the vid, without music, and i must say that it still annoys me that cenk uygur chose the title the young turks. the young turks were responsible for the armenian genocide, e.g.

I have a daughter. If I saw her in a dance routine like that I would have been proud she didn't trip and fall on her face.:lol::lol::lol: That was some pretty good dancing for little kids.

Also Echo... I had a girlfriend in the late 70's that went throught that whole beauty pagent thing...second to Tanya Tucker in Junior miss america... She was the most grounded gal I ever got together with. We were together for about 5 years. I think it probably added to her ability to achieve later on in life. Winning isn't everything...but it is something.:lol::lol:

Huggy, Huggy, Huggy.

Why do you remind me of the Grandpa in "Little Miss Sunshine"? :lol:

Forum List

Back