These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

Hey sunshine and syreen, what are your thoughts on Tot Beauty Pagents?
Is that cool too, and do you think the children enjoy being in them?

I did the "Little Miss" pageant thing one year. I did I like it? I had no option or opinion at the time. Some girls loved it. It made no difference to me, it was something to do. Its like playing dress up all the time. Trust me it much the same now as it was then. Only now its more cut throat (not that it wasn't back then either!)

I think it depends on the reasons for being in the Tot pageants. If its something that the child wants to do, great encourage, encourage, encourage. Do your best to help them win! However if the child is in the pageant because its the parent's wish. In simple words FUCK OFF MOM! A good deal of the girls in pageants are there because its all about MOMMY! That is as wrong as wrong can every get.

It was a different thing back then, there was no internet or video to instantly transmit what was recorded. What was recorded was professionally done so not easily obtained by pedophiles. So this over the top, over sexed up little girls was contained to a very small group of people.

Pageants are a steeping stone for child careers. Pageants to modeling, modeling to acting. And good lord, acting to governor, governor to president. It all depends on how you look at it.

I think children enjoy what is making their parents happy. Reasons for wanting to make your parent happy could be for good reasons or bad. Making a parent happy generally makes a child's life easier so they have motivation in doing as told. But in a child's mind all attention is good no matter if the attention is good or bad. It is attention, something that all children crave.

I do however think pageants and the over emphasis on exterior beauty is dangerous. It sends the wrong message all around. Its Barbie brought to life.

I remember the jent calling me a "FemiNazi"

Ah, good times, good times.

I blame the parents. AND the media and the internet and tv and a society that feels it is above the consequences of its behavior.

Is there anyone you DO NOT blame?

now now, this was actually a fairly reasonable post by gunny. and you have to criticize him for that? careful, he might destroy you.

I know, but I like to live on the edge, and I haven't been flamed in a while.:tongue:

I think it is just a lot of hype over nothing. Young girls leaning gymnastics dress just as provocatively and they have moves that are equally as provocative as the young dancers. In fact many dance schools also teach gymnastics.

top.perfect.10.jpg

BUT, we don't hear anyone raising the roof over gymnastics.

IMO it is all in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing wrong with young girls learning to dance. There will be some, just like in gymnastics who will grow up to be professional performers.

WTH? What parent lets their child dance like this on stage, wearing these outfits.

I know, blame the media and MTV and the internet, yada yada......................

I blame the parents for letting it happen.

YouTube - Controversy Over Girls Doing Beyonce Dance (Video)

I blame the parents. AND the media and the internet and tv and a society that feels it is above the consequences of its behavior.

Is there anyone you DO NOT blame?

You. Yet.:lol:

I think it is just a lot of hype over nothing. Young girls leaning gymnastics dress just as provocatively and they have moves that are equally as provocative as the young dancers. In fact many dance schools also teach gymnastics.

top.perfect.10.jpg

IMO it is all in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing wrong with young girls learning to dance. There will be some, just like in gymnastics who will grow up to be professional performers.

You should see my daughter on the beam and bars. She's phenomenal, and it's all I can do to make her take breaks from it to lessen the stress on her little body - which can be brutal with some of these kids who do it year round. But it's nothing like gyrating to Beyonce, and at that age at least in this area it's neither open to the public nor do they have the "anything to win" level of competition.

And then there are the majoretttes who shinny around in the cold in their skimpy outfits to strut their stuff:

niki_1%202%20col.JPG

top.perfect.10.jpg

Gyrating like a stipper in clothes that a hooker wears to music played in night clubs for people to booty dance isn't the same as gymnastics dear.

*and the majorette isn't 7, and isn't dancing as a stipper as far as we know.

top.perfect.10.jpg

You should see my daughter on the beam and bars. She's phenomenal, and it's all I can do to make her take breaks from it to lessen the stress on her little body - which can be brutal with some of these kids who do it year round. But it's nothing like gyrating to Beyonce, and at that age at least in this area it's neither open to the public nor do they have the "anything to win" level of competition.

The end of taking lessons in something is performing. The gymnasts where my kids took lessons performed also. These are 'performing arts' just like voice and piano. There is no point in it unless the person performs before an audience.

I don't get it. If ya ignore the TV people and just watch the video...I have to admit I couldn't hear the audio very well ...I wouldn't know Biocee if it walked into the room.

There was no nudity or anything close to it. The dancing wasn't suggestive that I could tell. Meaning..If I saw a fully developed woman doing the same routine ..would I be aroused? Like Echo had to admit...it wasn't pole dancing.

Without the TV people's comments preceeding the video and Echo screamin about bloody eight year olds butts... Shit I could look at a friggin can of tuna suspiciously...

I repeat...If I see percieved non physical abuse ...it is like anything subjective ..it is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just cannot call the parents perverts for organizing a cute dance routine.

top.perfect.10.jpg

Gyrating like a stipper in clothes that a hooker wears to music played in night clubs for people to booty dance isn't the same as gymnastics dear.

Wow. I have to watch that vid again. I didn't notice any stripping! :lol:

top.perfect.10.jpg

perv :lol:

I don't get it. If ya ignore the TV people and just watch the video...I have to admit I couldn't hear the audio very well ...I wouldn't know Biocee if it walked into the room.

There was no nudity or anything close to it. The dancing wasn't suggestive that I could tell. Meaning..If I saw a fully developed woman doing the same routine ..would I be aroused? Like Echo had to admit...it wasn't pole dancing.

Without the TV people's comments preceeding the video and Echo screamin about bloody eight year olds butts... Shit I could look at a friggin can of tuna suspiciously...

I repeat...If I see percieved non physical abuse ...it is like anything subjective ..it is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just cannot call the parents perverts for organizing a cute dance routine.

I agree. I think the comments are more a reflection of what is in the mind of the viewer than the actions performers. And I think I'd be really pissed if I were a parent of one of them probably sacrificing to give them something only to have people ridicule my child and call me a bad parent.

top.perfect.10.jpg

First you should read my post again, I said "Gyrating like a stipper"

Don't play dumb. You don't see anything wrong with it, nor does Huggy. That's your opinion, and that's what the thread is all about! To see what others thought.

Now we all know what you think about it!

Forum List

Back