There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
  • There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

We really have a Mental Health problem in the US.

• There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

Gee who is driving that

Myth: You have to be mentally ill to think about suicide.​

Fact: 1 in 5 people have thought about suicide at some time in their life. And not all people who die by suicide have mental health problems at the time they die.
However, many people who die by suicide have struggled with their mental health, typically to a serious degree. This may or may not be known before the person's death.

30 countries have higher suicide rates than America, it isn't like the US is the worst at this at all.

Although America does have the highest ingestion of psychotropic medicine on the planet, so it isn't like we aren't doing anything about it.

30 countries have higher suicide rates than America, it isn't like the US is the worst at this at all.

Although America does have the highest ingestion of psychotropic medicine on the planet, so it isn't like we aren't doing anything about it.
Just remember that when you start talking about homicide rates in the US.

Fact: 1 in 5 people have thought about suicide at some time in their life. And not all people who die by suicide have mental health problems at the time they die.
However, many people who die by suicide have struggled with their mental health, typically to a serious degree. This may or may not be known before the person's death.
However, many people who die by suicide have struggled with their mental health, typically to a serious degree.

no mental health problem here.
My problem is depression

This may or may not be known before the person's death.
Maybe if people noticed my depression, I'd be less depressed.

Hey ... wait ... you ... grrr ... it's not seniors ...
Yes it is, seniors lead in suicide rates.

Among people who attempt suicide, one in four seniors will succeed, compared to 1 in 200 youths. Even if a senior fails a suicide attempt, they are less likely to recover from the effects. Men 65 and older face the highest overall rate of suicide.Sep 7, 2021

Suicide and Older Adults: What You Should Know​

are you saying the government is killing the mentally ill with assisted suicide??

thats kinda sick if you ask me,,

Libs are driving the mental health crisis with lockdowns gender confusion,,,,,hatred for anyone who disagrees
There are no lockdowns and the only ones which did occur under the leadership of DJ Trump as president. Seniors die by suicide at a higher rather than those with gender issues so deal with it since you evidently want to try to make this about your political agenda.

I've been concerned about the mental health of the nation for a long, long time now with all of the anger and hate flying round that the circus in Washington spout outs every day.

But I have to say, I got some positive inspiration the other day when I saw a young woman give up her seat to a pregnant man on a bus I was riding on.

Very inspirational.

Last edited:
You have to be crazy to believe that only crazy people commit suicide. It can be a rational choice.

From what I see every day, more people should consider it. People whose whole lives are nothing but misery in a nursing home, or who are tying up their children's lives with meeting their ever-increasing medical and other needs, people whose whole lives are just keeping themselves alive until the next doctor's appointment...No thanks. And don't forget, people who are burning through a lifetime of savings - and their kids' inheritances - with needless medical bills to extend a miserable existence here on earth.

I realize that people have been saying this for eons, but when I get to that stage, I'll be checking out. And I ain't depressed or mentally ill, just pragmatic. I hope I have the energy to get my affairs in order before I do it - not that there are problems or debts, just a lot of pre-sorting to do.

Suicide statistics are almost meaningless. There are thousand reasons to off yourself, and in many cases it is justified.

For them there is no other way out. Their troubles are over. The hue and cry comes from their family and friends.

True, but it's also good to be rid of people who are a ball-and-chain to the rest of us who can take it.
I'm a little amazed at how fucking weak Americans have become.
I never considered the pandemic a big deal. I'm basically just a working class guy. I worked through it and never really batted an eyelash much. I even enjoyed some of it.
It's a little puzzling to me how many people got wacky because of it and never recovered. I can't relate to those people at all.

True, but it's also good to be rid of people who are a ball-and-chain to the rest of us who can take it.
I'm a little amazed at how fucking weak Americans have become.
I never considered the pandemic a big deal. I'm basically just a working class guy. I worked through it and never really batted an eyelash much. I even enjoyed some of it.
It's a little puzzling to me how many people got wacky because of it and never recovered. I can't relate to those people at all.

Well...I know nine people dead from the shutdown. Eight suicides were, in all cases, due to total financial ruin. (One guy blew his brains out the day GenCon-usually about a third his annual income-was cancelled.)

Forum List

Back