There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

• There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

We really have a Mental Health problem in the US.
Sad but since when do you care?

• There were nearly two times as many suicides (45,979) in the United States as there were homicides (24,576).

The Irony!

are you saying the government is killing the mentally ill with assisted suicide??

thats kinda sick if you ask me,,

They have been doing this to our veterans for decades or longer. The drugs they give are known to have suicidal side effects and they know it.

Well...I know nine people dead from the shutdown. Eight suicides were, in all cases, due to total financial ruin. (One guy blew his brains out the day GenCon-usually about a third his annual income-was cancelled.)
Still seems pretty weak minded. I had to work reduced hours for awhile too, whenever my son's school closed or he was put under quarantine because he was exposed to someone with covid at school. Now, after the pandemic there are tons of job openings because so many people dont want to work. You have Target offering people $24/hr to stock shelves and Target and similar business can't even get people, even at that rate. That's like 3$ more than I make!! And I don't sympathize with people who have to downgrade from a $450k McMansion to a normal house in order to make ends meet. Not in the slightest.

I still think Americans are becoming a bunch of spoiled wusses.

I think it's a lack of scopes. How many were attempted ? Laser sights should come with your driving permit. Amerrika wastes too many bullets !

Seems that Americans are now so soft brained that a little bit of mind control can steadily reduce the numbers of Sheeple .

Too slow (Schwab and Gates shouted ) , however stupid they are in numbers .

Time for another lesson in gullibility .

A new Pandemic .

Still seems pretty weak minded. I had to work reduced hours for awhile too, whenever my son's school closed or he was put under quarantine because he was exposed to someone with covid at school. Now, after the pandemic there are tons of job openings because so many people dont want to work. You have Target offering people $24/hr to stock shelves and Target and similar business can't even get people, even at that rate. That's like 3$ more than I make!! And I don't sympathize with people who have to downgrade from a $450k McMansion to a normal house in order to make ends meet. Not in the slightest.

I still think Americans are becoming a bunch of spoiled wusses.
It's not "reduced hours," it was, in all cases, COMPLETE FINANCIAL RUIN. As in, a year of NO INCOME.

It's not "reduced hours," it was, in all cases, COMPLETE FINANCIAL RUIN. As in, a year of NO INCOME.
So GET A DIFFERENT FUCKING JOB IN A DIFFERENT INDUSTRY. I work in food production, and during the pandemic we were hiring. It's no.reason to kill yourself instead of shifting gears.

So GET A DIFFERENT FUCKING JOB IN A DIFFERENT INDUSTRY. I work in food production, and during the pandemic we were hiring. It's no.reason to kill yourself instead of shifting gears.
Let me try again, for the slow kid:
TOTAL
COMPLETE
FINANCIAL
RUIN.

On the hook for $200,000+ of stuff he cannot sell. Bills still coming in. Still on the hook for rent, utilities, taxes, etc. Etc, etc. By bureaucratic fiat, he lost his business, his life's work, and his life savings. There were no jobs at the time, everything was shut down.

The best way to deal with suicide is to make it a capital offense and execute the offenders.:Boom2:

You have to be crazy to believe that only crazy people commit suicide. It can be a rational choice.

From what I see every day, more people should consider it. People whose whole lives are nothing but misery in a nursing home, or who are tying up their children's lives with meeting their ever-increasing medical and other needs, people whose whole lives are just keeping themselves alive until the next doctor's appointment...No thanks. And don't forget, people who are burning through a lifetime of savings - and their kids' inheritances - with needless medical bills to extend a miserable existence here on earth.

I realize that people have been saying this for eons, but when I get to that stage, I'll be checking out. And I ain't depressed or mentally ill, just pragmatic. I hope I have the energy to get my affairs in order before I do it - not that there are problems or debts, just a lot of pre-sorting to do.

Suicide statistics are almost meaningless. There are thousand reasons to off yourself, and in many cases it is justified.
trudeau and gates and klaus agree.

Thanks democrats!

Meh, we still beat out Africa, Russia, Kiribati, Suriname, Belarus and Guyana, among other countries.

Forum List

Back