There is something seriously FISHY going on with Lotto America (highly unlikely odds)

But that would defeat the whole unstated purpose -- to maximise the extortion of easy money where stupidity is at its greatest concentration

You do not want fewer homeless or poor Sheeple to maximise ticket sales . They are your very core support group , ever dreaming and blissfully stupid .
how cold and callous toward needy people

Let me guess: you don't go to church?

don't believe in Mt 25:31

which is an interesting psg if only because it mentions ETERNAL punishment for not caring about the needy

how cold and callous toward needy people

Let me guess: you don't go to church?

don't believe in Mt 25:31

which is an interesting psg if only because it mentions ETERNAL punishment for not caring about the needy

Are there any churches remaining ? Not for much longer .

Seems you are gullible enough to believe the old timers and their ways of controlling the Sheeple . How lovely and quaint .

I try not to play too much lottery but I was winning small amounts w/ Lotto America, so started playing slightly more often.

I shouldn't have.

FACT: I have never seen anyone win the Jackpot. that doesn't mean it doesn't happen but you'd think I woud have noticed this after several months of playing. No one even wins 5 or 4 numbers most of the time (I want to say they never win)

Then there is this: Even though no one won the Jackpot, the prize went recently from somtehing like 39 million to TWO million. How can it go down so far when no one won?

It gets worse: There are 10 possible numbers that can come up as "star ball" so you'd think that you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the SB, right?

not so. So many times the number you think (because of the law of averages) would be most likely to come up does not come up for 22 (or mor) drawings.

Tell me that isn't suspicious... it's like someone is deliberately manipulating the apparatus used for drawing numbers.
I started a topic about lotteries some time ago you may find useful: Let's Play The Lottery

In that topic, I explain how to calculate the odds of winning the jackpot.

As for your claim no one won when the jackpot reset to $2 million, go here: Lotto America Draw results history : Beat Lottery

You can see someone won the $40 million jackpot on April 1.

Lotto America is played in only 13 states. Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and West Virginia. These are not highly populous states.

Since the odds of winning are almost 26 million to 1 against you, it is not surprising no one wins the jackpot for long periods of time.

Then there is this: Even though no one won the Jackpot, the prize went recently from somtehing like 39 million to TWO million. How can it go down so far when no one won?

Somebody DID win:

It gets worse: There are 10 possible numbers that can come up as "star ball" so you'd think that you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the SB, right?

Calculating the odds of winning the $2 Star Ball ONLY prize is also a two part process. The first part is easy – odds of matching the Star Ball are 1 in 10 or 0.1 but we need to multiply that by the probability of NOT matching any of the five other balls which is (47/52) x (46/51) x (45/50) x (44/49) x (43/48) or .590. The result is 16.9 which rounds up to odds of 1 in 17.

not so. So many times the number you think (because of the law of averages) would be most likely to come up does not come up for 22 (or mor) drawings.

There are 52 red balls, so it is not unusual for a particular number not to come up for several drawings.

Tell me that isn't suspicious...

There is nothing suspicious.

The big winners always seem to be from the inner city or poor cities. And though I'm happy a poor person wins ... I had a feeling that I never would. Had the sense that maybe it's a bit rigged.
The last winner of the Lotto America jackpot is a white man who is a retired mechanic living in the nice white suburb of Dubuque, Iowa.

So much for your theory.

It is designed for you to LOSE...
Well...DUH! You think Caesar's Palace got built from people winning?

All gambling is designed to make a profit.

sad thing is that many people cannot afford to "invest" in anything but a lottery ticket here and there.

So, as PER USUAL, the low income folks are the ones who get screwed.
No, it's the innumerate who get screwed. People who don't understand the math behind lotteries.

the only way to overcome the odds is to play the same numbers over and over (although playing 1-2-3-4-5- probably won't work). :)
This is the innumeracy I was just talking about.

It does not matter what numbers you choose. The odds of winning are exactly the same very time.

You can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or you can choose 1, 22, 30, 39, 52 and you have the exact same odds of winning.

i would just buy one Powerball ticket or one Mega Millions ticket when the jackpot gets big.
The size of the jackpot has no impact on the odds of winning.

In fact, because of people like you, as the jackpot grows, the chances of having to split the jackpot with someone else goes up because more people are playing.

since most employers these days are not offering pensions anymore, we need to invest one dollar on Powerball or Mega Millions when the jackpot gets big. If you are meant to win, you will win no matter the odds. Investing in the stock market is dumb.
In recent decades, the Stock Market is the best long term investments. CDs and Bonds just don’t have a reasonable return.
The fact that you consider the lottery as a replacement for company pensions shows you shouldn’t be trusted with your own retirement

The last winner of the Lotto America jackpot is a white man who is a retired mechanic living in the nice white suburb of Dubuque, Iowa.

So much for your theory.
Cool. If it's rigged for 63-year-old white dudes to win ... then I'm IN! Oops ... I live in Utah ... can't play here. Wouldn't waste my money if I could.

That's just another thing I HATE about lotteries: they jack up the price but NEVER make the game easier to win.
Over time, the lotteries add more balls to make winning more difficult. This is what causes the jackpots to grow so large, and that in turn attracts more players.

Powerball currently draws 5 balls from a cage of 69 balls, and then 1 ball from a cage of 26 balls.

In 1992, Powerball started with 45 white balls and 45 red balls with the odds of 54,979,155 to one.

In 1997, the ratio was changed to 49/42 with the odds at 80,089,127 to one.

In 2002, the ratio was changed to 53/42 with the odds at 120,526,769 to one.

In 2005, the ratio was changed to 55/42 with the odds at 146,107,961 to one.

In 2009, the ratio was changed to 59/39 with the odds at 195,249,054 to one.

In 2012, the ratio was changed to 59/35 with the odds actually DECREASED to 175,223,510 to one.

From 2015 to the present, the ratio has been 69/26 with the odds now at 292,201,338.

The population of every man, woman, and child in America is 331 million.

This is why Powerball jackpots keep reaching record levels. They keep adding balls.

Cool. If it's rigged for 63-year-old white dudes to win ... then I'm IN! Oops ... I live in Utah ... can't play here. Wouldn't waste my money if I could.
Yeah, Utah is one of only five states which do not have Powerball.

Good for you! :lol:

Just think about that.

Powerball went from odds of 1:54,979,155 to odds of 1:292,201,338.

That's nuts.

I started a topic about lotteries some time ago you may find useful: Let's Play The Lottery

In that topic, I explain how to calculate the odds of winning the jackpot.

As for your claim no one won when the jackpot reset to $2 million, go here: Lotto America Draw results history : Beat Lottery

You can see someone won the $40 million jackpot on April 1.

Lotto America is played in only 13 states. Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and West Virginia. These are not highly populous states.

Since the odds of winning are almost 26 million to 1 against you, it is not surprising no one wins the jackpot for long periods of time.
Well, on the slips you are given at convenience stores that tell you how many won whatever... there is a fat ZERO after Jackpot, so as per my OP, looks like they don't know how to run the damn thing AND likely corrupt... very likely.

I'm done with that game. I just know it is rigged. They are playing the same star ball number over and over. What are the chances of that happening randomly?

about zero or maybe... 1 in 100,000

since there are only 10 sb numbers to choose from, you'd think it would be roughly 1 in 10 chance your number would come up, at least after some 15 games.

Last edited:
Just think about that.

Powerball went from odds of 1:54,979,155 to odds of 1:292,201,338.

That's nuts.

what caused that? when did it change?

I have not been playing that one. I will probably quit all lottery games at least until I have money to throw away, which will probably be never

So again

what caused that? when did it change?

ok, just discovered your post #52 which maybe explains?

Over time, the lotteries add more balls to make winning more difficult. This is what causes the jackpots to grow so large, and that in turn attracts more players.

Powerball currently draws 5 balls from a cage of 69 balls, and then 1 ball from a cage of 26 balls.

In 1992, Powerball started with 45 white balls and 45 red balls with the odds of 54,979,155 to one.

In 1997, the ratio was changed to 49/42 with the odds at 80,089,127 to one.

In 2002, the ratio was changed to 53/42 with the odds at 120,526,769 to one.

In 2005, the ratio was changed to 55/42 with the odds at 146,107,961 to one.

In 2009, the ratio was changed to 59/39 with the odds at 195,249,054 to one.

In 2012, the ratio was changed to 59/35 with the odds actually DECREASED to 175,223,510 to one.

From 2015 to the present, the ratio has been 69/26 with the odds now at 292,201,338.

The population of every man, woman, and child in America is 331 million.

This is why Powerball jackpots keep reaching record levels. They keep adding balls.
As someone I know once said

they don't want anyone to win

the selfish bastards... couldn't care less about people living on the streets bc they can't afford rent... the rich in this country do not care, most of them... it's like

Hey, I got mine! You don't have much? Too bad. It's your fault... don't know how it is your fault it definitely is...

:uhoh3:

This is the innumeracy I was just talking about.

It does not matter what numbers you choose. The odds of winning are exactly the same very time.

You can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or you can choose 1, 22, 30, 39, 52 and you have the exact same odds of winning.
doubt it

There is air between the balls so 1 and 2 and 3 are not likely to EVER come up

(this is based on the last drawing I actually watched on TV but that was decades ago. God knows what is going on today)

doubt it

There is air between the balls so 1 and 2 and 3 are not likely to EVER come up

(this is based on the last drawing I actually watched on TV but that was decades ago. God knows what is going on today)
*sigh*

Your innumeracy and conspiracy theories are killing me.

Go here: Lotto America Draw results history : Beat Lottery

You can clearly see numbers 1, 2, and 3 have come up as often as the rest.

Forum List

Back