Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.

Nobody on the right will care, they will just try and change the subject to the left leaning judges.

Tis the way of our country now.

"There are few restrictions on what gifts justices can accept."

From the article. Sounds like a problem with laws and not Justice Clarence himself. There should be laws against this sort of thing, but this has more to do with the continuing saga of Black people shall have no other thoughts than what the Democratic party demands of minorities.

From the article. Sounds like a problem with laws and not Justice Clarence himself. There should be laws against this sort of thing, but this has more to do with the continuing saga of Black people shall have no other thoughts than what the Democratic party demands of minorities.

Thanks for proving me correct so quickly!

Nobody on the right will care, they will just try and change the subject to the left leaning judges.

He points out the laws & the fact the "liberals" expect blacks to behave themselves as told.
At no point did he say he didn't care or change the subject to leftist judges & you still think it proves your point.

You delusional lefties see & read what you want & facts no longer matter.
You are such a bunch of clueless rubes with circular logic bouncing off diminishing cognitive abilities

Do you know the relationship of those two?

When I buy friends gifts or dinner should they be required to report it to their employers?

I don't know the details but it takes more than an accusation to get the ball rolling. Like say... Hunter Bidens laptop. Anything to say on that subject?

Do you know the relationship of those two?

When I buy friends gifts or dinner should they be required to report it to their employers?

I don't know the details but it takes more than an accusation to get the ball rolling. Like say... Hunter Bidens laptop. Anything to say on that subject?

They could be best buds. If Thomas wants to vacation with his best bud, go for it. The laws are when the best bud pays for it, the justice must report it. Thomas did not.

I'm not going to allow you to change the subject but look if you wish. I've said the whole Hunter affair appears corrupt as all get out.

Forum List

Back